Game 2: Texas vs. Arkansas, 6 PM, ESPN

Machinator

8 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Bench was a lot shorter in the second half, but it was good to get so many guys involved in the first half. It will be interesting to see how our rotation evolves when Hamm is healthy and if/when Jones can handle more minutes. 

That being said we played a lot better in the first half, especially when we started using the bench. Maybe Shaka should take that into consideration. 

My phone died at the game, so mercifully, you did not have to suffer through any more of my updates. That was easily one of the most fun sporting events I have ever attended. The incredibly small scale of it, coupled with the military angle, made it truly unique. I sat amongst the player's families and Shaka's wife, which was really fun. Everyone was so friendly and appreciative that we were there. Seeing the game so close-up was fascinating, as I could hear all of their comments from the bench. I will post pictures tomorrow. Cheers. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

Bench was a lot shorter in the second half, but it was good to get so many guys involved in the first half. It will be interesting to see how our rotation evolves when Hamm is healthy and if/when Jones can handle more minutes. 

That's a Shaka special. Hamm isn't going to play this year, who are you fooling. He will transfer out much like Febres when he gets benched in the next week or so and gets no minutes in conference play. If Hayes does become the starter, he might end up leaving after a season.

It's the same formula under Shaka, little to no improvement in year 2, no PT, they leave.