1. DL 2. DL 3. DL

Rimbo

Texas' top 3 needs in recruiting last year, the year before that, this year, next year.

Just seriously. We got another WR? Meh. RB commit likes Drayton? shrug. A QB? ...ok that moves the needle some. Top-ranked OL recruit in Texas? Oh like recruiting rankings make a shit on OL.

Where's this year's Roy Miller? Casey Hampton? Shaun Rodgers? Lamarr Houston? C'mon man... where's the big guys that move? Hell, I'll even take an undersized Poona type if we can get him. WHO'S IN CHARGE OF THIS SHIT?

don't tell me it's oscar, please say it's not oscar...

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Can this be the thread about grad transfers? I hear they're interested in a WR. 

We could use a grad transfer or JUCO WR and DL, but I'm worried about roster size.  Could we do both?

Admit it, all others.  The OP is only one who truly realizes the importance of getting studs on the DL.  This realization came to him gradually and grew in strength as he perused the existing recruiting threads, until it reached the point where he could no longer contain it.  He simply had to share this idea with us others who did not grasp it, in a dedicated thread that forced all eyes to this singular yet powerful idea.  He hoped, that by imparting this nugget of insight, general thought on the subject would reach a critical mass and, perhaps, spill over to the coaches who - as evidenced by the lack of stud commits or targets leaning our way - would resolve to double their efforts to seek out and fanatically recruit these stud DLs.  In this way, he further hoped, his enjoyment of Texas football would be more durably and assuredly enhanced.  Others like me envy the genius of this idea, which like all such ideas, seems obvious in retrospect, as if anyone could have had it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Coburn and Ojomo are already busts, I guess.

ok smartass, prove they’re not.  they’ve made less of an impact on the DL than a wet fart and if I had a time machine I’d go back and pull their offers.  the WR talent in-state was pretty great last year and those two ‘ships would have been better used on offensive skill players on the outside. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Admit it, all others.  The OP is only one who truly realizes the importance of getting studs on the DL.  This realization came to him gradually and grew in strength as he perused the existing recruiting threads, until it reached the point where he could no longer contain it.  He simply had to share this idea with us others who did not grasp it, in a dedicated thread that forced all eyes to this singular yet powerful idea.  He hoped, that by imparting this nugget of insight, general thought on the subject would reach a critical mass and, perhaps, spill over to the coaches who - as evidenced by the lack of stud commits or targets leaning our way - would resolve to double their efforts to seek out and fanatically recruit these stud DLs.  In this way, he further hoped, his enjoyment of Texas football would be more durably and assuredly enhanced.  Others like me envy the genius of this idea, which like all such ideas, seems obvious in retrospect, as if anyone could have had it.

let's not overcomplicate things

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

ok smartass, prove they’re not.  they’ve made less of an impact on the DL than a wet fart and if I had a time machine I’d go back and pull their offers.  the WR talent in-state was pretty great last year and those two ‘ships would have been better used on offensive skill players on the outside. 

Sometimes @futureman, you ain't too bad

6 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

This is total bullshit. I've been pushing the 7-4 defense for years. It is well known that the 7-4 defense will dominate in the Big 12 if only someone had the balls to try it. Well you can't try it if you don't have the personnel. We need more DL's, everyone knows this. Guaranteed sack on every play. No one could stop us.

The kind of defensive might we would display in this defense would be simply breathtaking, like a freshly shorn scrotum. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

This is total bullshit. I've been pushing the 7-4 defense for years. It is well known that the 7-4 defense will dominate in the Big 12 if only someone had the balls to try it. Well you can't try it if you don't have the personnel. We need more DL's, everyone knows this. Guaranteed sack on every play. No one could stop us.

The kind of defensive might we would display in this defense would be simply breathtaking, like a freshly shorn scrotum. 

you clearly stayed at a holiday inn express last night

13 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

No one knows why Leach focused his bright lights on offense. Perhaps it was a flip of the coin? If it had come up heads, then everyone would be running a 7-4 defense today.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, randygilman said:

Sigh... 

why the edit? you don't believe in sweat anymore?

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Sweat is our NT.

maybe...one day.  with 40 more pounds.  still holding out hope for a coburn hiding out there.

Just now, sidis said:

why the edit? you don't believe in sweat anymore?

maybe...one day.  with 40 more pounds.  still holding out hope for a coburn hiding out there.

Sweat is a completely normal college DT take. Most kids Coburn's size in high school are eating their way out of a scholarship. You just want to be unhappy at this point.

• Like 1