Coleman or Igloo cooler, it's going to be abused.....

....need recommendations, visiting  Texas over the Christmas Holidays, want to bring one back here to Alaska, full of beef and pork.  Want to check the cooler as luggage.  

Alaska Airlines and local airlines beat up every box that comes in the mail.  Luggage will be treated about the same. 

Doesn’t really matter if you’re asking me.  Just get the right size and make sure you don’t go over the weight restrictions.  Also make sure you get some straps or bungee cords to hold the lid closed.  You can’t tape it down cause TSA is just going to cut that shit up and the lid won’t stay shut.

18 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

Coleman extreme....ice will last for days inside one.

Igloo makes coolers now that rival Yeti. So does Coleman. Both are very good and cheaper than Yeti.

But Igloo is based in Katy, Coleman is in Chicago.

I would work the problem backwards How big a cooler do you think you need?  You can shop Academy online to get a great idea of the price and size breakdown available.  There are a lot of coolers similar to Yeti that will keep your shit cold a long time. Most has some way to lock the cooler.  I might opt for something like these to secure the cooler closed. Under a buck a pop at home depot and TSA can get in and resecure if they need to.  If you are near a Buc-EE's they were discounting their Rtic Coolers, basically a clone of the Yeti, for a substantial discount.

national-hardware-rope-chain-connectors-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...