Surly's Texas Small Town/Road Trip Gems

PatrickMcHorn

36 minutes ago, RPM said:

A place opened up in an old trucking company terminal on 287 North of Decatur called Punjabi Dhabba and it's getting rave reviews. They also fix flats.

Have driven by that joint several times and wondered what it is all about.    

I haven't stopped in there and the YouTube I posted isn't the best review, but people have been driving from Dallas to eat there. I'm afraid I'd have a Something About Mary bathroom incident if I ate Indian food. Plus, I remember when it was S&B Stage Lines since 1970something. That shop has seen some shit and they still have a tire service in the building.

Edited by RPM

I'm going to toss Burger Boy in Conroe some praise.  It's definitely a hole in the wall, but the food is good and honest.  They have real shakes and malts too.  Worth the time to drive down into town off 45 to find it.  

Also, I had no idea Hilbert'swas still going in Austin until about 6 months ago.  The place on Lamar I used to frequent is now a P Terry, but I stumbled across the one on Cameron Road, and have been back twice now.  Still the great burger and shakes.  It was a pleasant find.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1