ShaggyTexas Handover

Viper

27 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Landthieves dick-eaters seem to think, and are saying, that the sites will be kept up.  I don't know if thats just wishful thinking - but they claimed to have talked to someone.

We have no choice but to infiltrate and post gifs of men shitting in creative ways.  New Owner and Sooners.  Two birds.  One shitfest.

15 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:

It's a niche market.

Probably not as niche as you might think. Maybe they're on to something over there.

Edit: I didn't follow the whole legal saga because it just moved too damn fast, but why would someone spend a bunch of time and money to sue BL for ownership of Shaggy to then just pull the plug? I've been assuming that he'll keep it running, thinking that it's some sort of golden goose. Of course, in reality it will end up a ghost town (like Hornfans?) so it won't last forever, but I'd bet it stays up for another few months at minimum.

Edited by tokamak

What dickbag mcgarbbles failed to account for was why the shag had the ad revenue it did, US. There wasn't some magic piece of software or code BL installed to run up the clicks on each page. WE literally made it into the angry monster no one wanted to get on the bad side of. Without OUR presence there, the site will wither and die just like ol'boys dick and his soul. He cant force us to do a goddamn thing. We are many. We are one. We are Legion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Probably not as niche as you might think. Maybe they're on to something over there.

Edit: I didn't follow the whole legal saga because it just moved too damn fast, but why would someone spend a bunch of time and money to sue BL for ownership of Shaggy to then just pull the plug? I've been assuming that he'll keep it running, thinking that it's some sort of golden goose. Of course, in reality it will end up a ghost town (like Hornfans?) so it won't last forever, but I'd bet it stays up for another few months at minimum.

I don't really know, but I thought the legal drama involved another deal that went south and Shag got swept up as an asset that BL had to turn over to the ever-present pedophile rapist.  

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not sure BL got outlawyered, really.  Maybe he did.  But I think that perhaps the jury's sophistication with regard to what is and isn't meant by the term "software" as used in a contract may have been misoverestimated.  And, Bob's visibily cavalier attitude about the whole thing may have set the jury against him.

All you former shagsters that were always trying to figure out how to get out of jury duty caused this.   These kinds of injustices are a direct result of your lack of civic duty.  I hope you're happy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Bob said he's financially ruined from that deal gone bad so I assumed he signed a regrettable contract and exposed his personal assets that were then overtaken by someone with more expensive lawyers/bribe money. Shaggy was just one of many assets in the litigation. 

I assumed he may try to quick flip it based on the site's traffic record but that may be difficult if anyone does any kind of research into it. I have no idea why anyone would want an asset like that so my guess is it gets sold for scraps to someone who wants to actually run it. Let's start a pool. 

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

Just checked too. All the recruit geeks mad it over and that forum is dead. tjhooker solely responsible for new posts in Football. Clueless Cloak Room people are still there.

Just went over there and there are a few people still posting in CR like nothing ever happened, even though people have basically nuked the threads.

Makes me think CR was the only forum they ever posted in and the only thing they were doing was logging in to yell at other people without reading anything else.  Sounds about right.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Just went over there and there are a few people still posting in CR like nothing ever happened, even though people have basically nuked the threads.

Makes me think CR was the only forum they ever posted in and the only thing they were doing was logging in to yell at other people without reading anything else.  Sounds about right.

Bots talking to each other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It appears we inadvertently installed a Russian p trap 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Just checked in over there and it’s a ghost town. 

Yeah, last night it was nothing but tumbleweeds and giggling psychopaths posting shit pics. It's how I always imagined the apocalypse to be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

Just checked too. All the recruit geeks mad it over and that forum is dead. tjhooker solely responsible for new posts in Football. Clueless Cloak Room people are still there.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

so best case scenario.

don't worry, I'm sure someone will wander in there and tip them off.  It'd be a lot cooler if they didn't, though.

13 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Spent seven-ish years on the Shag and am happy to report that I never once posted in that subforum. Never understood the appeal. Some people just must like to argue.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

You assume a level of intellect that's not necessarily the case. If we were talking about a smart person, you'd have a point...

1 minute ago, TexasFootball18 said:

blacklab answered this on his radio interview.

Handed over a backup and had just authorized the domain transfer.

Suggested he keep it going.

ViciousNaturalDrake-size_restricted.gif

Edited by dcbc

1 hour ago, In10se said:

I assumed he may try to quick flip it based on the site's traffic record but that may be difficult if anyone does any kind of research into it. I have no idea why anyone would want an asset like that so my guess is it gets sold for scraps to someone who wants to actually run it. Let's start a pool. 

As mentioned, BL said he's handed over a copy of the database, and once the domain transfer goes through in the next day or two, it'll be on a cloud-based system, and Kevin is going to try and keep it going.  Cloud-based systems can save a lot of money, but costs can go up quickly as well.

He maybe able to profit from the LandThieves side, but probably not from the Shaggy side.  LT didn't even know they were piggybacking on Shaggy, so they have no allegiance to BL.

I think though that if Shaggy doesn't make anything, he might still try and flip it.  

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

I may or may not have filed a lien against the real estate properties of all 30 Eskimo Hut locations through a Texas LLC out of spite due to a loophole in the poorly written franchise agreement.

Jeeze, I forgot how vindictive shaggy surly can be

3 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

WTF is an Eskimo hut?  

• Eskimos are a part of a group of Native Alaskans (or Alaskan Natives) from a region with widespread poverty and much, much higher-than-normal alcoholism rates and alcohol-based health problems.  Search for "Eskimo alcoholism" and you'll be inundated with the problems those folks are suffering.
  • A hut is a primitive and cheap dwelling