ShaggyTexas Handover

Viper

On 11/7/2019 at 1:07 PM, Viper said:

wow, only 2 weeks behind on the news, can't wait to read the TCU game thread that gets posted today.

Also, what's up with Basil still posting there? 

Haha

11-05-2019, 09:53 AM#6
asshatreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png
Whoa, where did everyone go? There used to be more people in here. And jokes and stuff.

Just went to HornFans and saw some names that stayed there instead of following us to Shaggy.  i.e. Texanne
Does Katy still own Hornfans?
Not for maybe 5 years. When the website format changed that is when ownership changed. I believe a poster (or posters) went in and bought it. Katy was about to pull the plug.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, mdmost said:

Why would he ban you? You're 2 times the content the place has had lately. 

Looks like he finally got the power turned back on in the trailer:

You have been banned for the following reason:
cocksucker delight

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I feel complete now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hornfans near-miss with dumb money is probably the definitive moment of Longhorns forum culture. Inside every schismatic post-360-splinter Longhorn internet community is a yearning bitterness. Shaggy (at our peak, anyway) was simply the heart of darkness.

any chance you can flesh the story out a little?  hornfans was before my time.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hornfans near-miss with dumb money is probably the definitive moment of Longhorns forum culture. Inside every schismatic post-360-splinter Longhorn internet community is a yearning bitterness. Shaggy (at our peak, anyway) was simply the heart of darkness.

I'd like to think peak shaggy was the first couple years when it was only made up of the worst scum and villainy to leave/be banned from hornfans. We had a lot of venting to do, there were some insane happy hours, tailgate parties, BBQ cook offs, etc. I met most of the posters I am still friends with to this day during that time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 7:51 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

UT message boards have an interesting history. From Hornsfans losing out on millions, shaggybevo being forced to drop Bevo, to the court case that flipped shaggtexas to a one-person audience. I can’t wait to see what happens with surly. No way this ends well. 

Don’t forget Longhornfanzone starring Bob Wheeler.....

Does anyone remember big12.net?  It was big around 1999 and they had a forum for every team.  It was a lot of fun to talk shit to fans from every team.

Edited by Horn Dogg
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

What happened to Bob? Retire from the immense profits from his book and embezzled $ from the bus?  I actually hung with the guy a few times at his tailgate.  He wasn't a bad guy to hang with. 

I don’t know what happened to him.  Apparently he resurfaced on the Shag for a little bit, but I couldn’t figure out which poster he was. His tailgates kicked ass.  I was a broke college student and he let us jump in and drink a lot of his beer.  One time after we whipped aggys ass in 2001, Cory Redding’s and Sloan Thomas’s parents showed up at the tailgate for some post-game beers.  I was pretty hammered and I was telling Sloan Thomas’s Mom how much ass he kicked in the 3rd quarter.  She said “why don’t you tell him that, he just showed up.”  Sure enough Sloan was walking up to the LFZ tailgate so I got to thank him for being a badass and sticking it to aggy.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tjhooker said:

LOL the book is still on Amazon but the comments are the best part. 

Forged of a Hotter Fire: Lessons from Life and Little League https://www.amazon.com/dp/0595290779/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nhj6DbSZST03M

Thank you soooo much for this. I needed a laugh today.

My favorite comment so far:

December 18, 2014

This book is a terrible, shameless masturbatory act of the most heinous kind of self-aggrandizement. If you read this book you will catch a disease. I think. I have not read this book. I award it no stars. I actually think somebody owes me financial compensation for having seen the cover.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, tjhooker said:

We definitely probably have met.  I either was at his tailgate or at mine right next to it in that lot on trinity and mlk which is long gone now. 

We probably did.  Those were the days!  That was back when he was driving that white F350 and running around with Blondie. (He’s probably still driving that damn old truck)

16 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

It was a big truck.  had some dents but sweet ranch truck.  he'd leave that dog tied up to it during the game.  it was a nice spot to tailgate.  didn't need portapottys.  just used the creek.

Ha ha, yeah, I helped keep that creek flowing several times.  We’re you at that spring game tailgate where Bob and a few of the other guys walked over to the UT Women’s tennis match and got kicked out for being drunk and loud?  That was some funny shit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, smwhorn said:

Anyone been over to the Shag lately?

Holy crap, this is awesome.  I forgot that the Shag had become ShaggyTexas after it was ShaggyBevo, so I typed Shaggybevo in my browser. You're never going to guess what came up.  An Indonesian job-seeking site.  Looks like CDC might want to get the lawyers because these guys are BLATANTLY using the University of Texas' by God Holy ordained mascot to troll for job seekers.  To wit:

Mencari pekerjaan bukanlah hal yang mudah. Anda pun juga harus kuat mental selama mencarinya dan mempersiapkan diri untuk ditolak di mana pun Anda melamar pekerjaannya. Anda yang mencari pekerjaan di Semarang, sama halnya Anda tidak boleh putus semangat. Anda dapat menggunakan media lainnya untuk mencari informasi lowongan kerja Semarang yang Anda minati.

Loker Semarang

Baik secara online mau pun offline, tentunya perusahaan-perusahaan Semarang membuka kesempatan untuk Anda yang ingin bekerja di sana. Namun, tinggal bagaimana Anda dapat memperoleh informasi lowongan kerja di Kota Lumpia tersebut. Lalu, cara apa saja yang dapat Anda lakukan untuk mendapatkan berbagai informasi lowongan kerja di kota tersebut?

My Indonesian is a bit rusty, but I believe that translates into:

"Finding a job is not easy. You also have to be mentally strong while looking for it and prepare to be rejected wherever you apply for a job. You are looking for a job in Semarang, just as you should not be discouraged. You can use other media to find information on Semarang job vacancies that interest you.

Semarang Locker

Both online and offline, of course Semarang companies open opportunities for those of you who want to work there. However, just how you can get job information in the City of Lumpia. Then, what ways can you do to get a variety of job vacancy information in the city?"

https://www.shaggybevo.com/

On 11/28/2019 at 4:45 PM, futureman said:

any chance you can flesh the story out a little?  hornfans was before my time.

This is to the best of my knowledge, that shit was a long time ago, in a galaxy far  away:

The early 2000s was when anything on the internet was booming, ad revenue was good, websites were being sold for millions and billions. (Mark Cuban style).  Hornfans had two owners and eventually they got sick of each other and the Agnors(?) Bought out the other dude (was that wheeler?) for a large amount that I don't know.  I have no idea if there were ever any outside offers to buy the site, or how much they turned down over the years, but now it's pretty much worthless because any guy with GoDaddy account has their blessing to start their own message board. 😄

, but now it's pretty much worthless because any guy with GoDaddy account has their blessing to start their own message board.

I was on HF as well, started around 00 or 01.

One of those "maybe I shouldn't have done that moments" for them.

And futureman, that place was over-moderated just like texags is now.

I got a week timeout for offering somebody less than what they were asking for rose bowl tickets.