ShaggyTexas Handover

Viper

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Bob said he gave him a backup of the site on Monday, so I imagine everything posted in the last two days is going to be gone once the dns name switches over.

I'm no tech nerd, but I'd imagine there's a way to delete all posts created in the last X number of days.

14 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I'm no tech nerd, but I'd imagine there's a way to delete all posts created in the last X number of days.

I would also imagine a goon like Kevin Morgan, of whom it has been said he likes to diddle young boys (not that I'm saying that but I've read it), has no idea how to accomplish that feat.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:44 AM, Viper said:

I'm sure that was the driving factor, but he's also a businessman. I'm wondering if he's going to at least try to make some money out of the thing. Or if he's smart enough to realize how unlikely that will be. Given the technical literacy displayed at the trial, I'm unsure of the answer on that.

I've been wondering if he even bothers to pay someone to pick the equipment up or if he's fine with knowing he can fuck it at any time

On 3/28/2018 at 7:44 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

At least we got a warning. I was part of a really cool music forum that was wild like shaggy. Had similar boards and a lot of interesting and talented people. The forum was an extension of a online music store and later a record label. The owner, without warning one day, killed the forum and deleted the archives. All was lost. It was about ad revenue and fear of losing it over the kind of content. Two forums rose from the ashes but both are pale, pathetic versions of what was. I am stoked shaggy culture can’t be killed and that this place took off instantaneously. 

BbzLv2JIAAApr-I.jpg

20 minutes ago, skipperj said:

Does anyone have details on how to violate Amazon’s TOS?

Nothing worth going to jail over. 

If he doesn’t keep it updated and doesn’t keep an eye on it, spambots could run a train on it and run his bill way up.   Surely he’ll find somebody technical to run it though.

But as for us, we just need to ignore it.  

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's on Amazon's cloud services as we speak, so I'm assuming the transition was complete.

Not quite, the DNS been on AWS for a long time. The A records and MX mail records still pointing to blacklab.com services. 

https://intodns.com/shaggytexas.com

Reverse MX A records (PTR)Your reverse (PTR) record:
7.115.145.216.in-addr.arpa ->  ns1.blacklab.com
You have reverse (PTR) records for all your IPs, that is a good thing.

WWWWWW A RecordYour www.shaggytexas.com A record is:
www.shaggytexas.com  [216.145.115.20] 

which even if blacklab.com was handed over, is still using the ViaWest/PEak10 Austin facility:

AS10628 VINS-AS-1 - ViaWest, US

In fact the issue it is using AWS Route 53 already could be a hanging point for the transition since AWS won't allow a duplicated zone in different accounts. 

Edited by TexasFootball18

still getting lulz from the move

Axle Hongsnort  has reported this post:

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/179958?p=11983430#post11983430

This is part of this thread:
Ski Season 2017/2018
http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/179958

This is the reason that the user gave:
wtf - people read from work, in front of kids,etc

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not quite, the DNS been on AWS for a long time. The A records and MX mail records still pointing to blacklab.com services. 

https://intodns.com/shaggytexas.com

Reverse MX A records (PTR)Your reverse (PTR) record:

7.115.145.216.in-addr.arpa ->  ns1.blacklab.com

You have reverse (PTR) records for all your IPs, that is a good thing.

WWWWWW A RecordYour www.shaggytexas.com A record is:

www.shaggytexas.com  [216.145.115.20] 

which even if blacklab.com was handed over, is still using the ViaWest/PEak10 Austin facility:

AS10628 VINS-AS-1 - ViaWest, US

In fact the issue it is using AWS Route 53 already could be a hanging point for the transition since AWS won't allow a duplicated zone in different accounts. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQs1ju5z_qPu2XYiWuWgSpjglicVRzsENpVlPHUP292LvCtRCJ

9 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

remember when shaggy first started and we'd go and do random drive by's at hornfans?

we should totally do that if and when mr. morgan ever gets his version of the site up and running.

Getting it up is one thing (snort!); getting it running is quite another. A good message board is content driven; content is dictated by membership. Seriously, who the fuck is going to be generating posts over there worth reading any more?

14 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Getting it up is one thing (snort!); getting it running is quite another. A good message board is content driven; content is dictated by membership. Seriously, who the fuck is going to be generating posts over there worth reading any more?

Apparently that badmofo81 bot is gonna give it a try.  He’s like an astronaut who got left behind on the moon.

Although he’s never generated a post worth reading before. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Apparently that badmofo81 bot is gonna give it a try.  He’s like an astronaut who got left behind on the moon.

Although he’s never generated a post worth reading before. 

He should add the random dilbertesque mission statement generator to the bot, its legit good reads on the random.

https://lotta.se/mission-statement-generator/

remember when shaggy first started and we'd go and do random drive by's at hornfans?
we should totally do that if and when mr. morgan ever gets his version of the site up and running.

Imo it is much different circumstances with the move here than from horn fans. I, for one, will not give that fuck Kevin Morgan any clicks.