Official Surly - Texas at Texas Tech Game Thread

Vertigo

On the potential iNT in the endzone, from the one replay the TV crew decided to show us, it looked to me like the ball hits the ground between the receiver's arms.  I'm not going to die on that hill but I don't think it was an INT.  However, it was certainly worth stopping the game and reviewing, since they did that for every little nitpicky thing that might go Tech's way.

The questionable sideline catch also seemed like it should have been given a second look, again the TV crew didn't bother with much of a replay  but it looked to me like he left his feet before extending to grab the ball, so when his body hit OOB, he didn't have one fit down in-bounds to make it a catch.  But I also didn't get to see much review on that one either, you know, because the officials felt like being in a hurry was a good idea at that point.

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

Find the video that shows this. Saying it doesn't make it true. There is no video that shows the ball hitting the ground at any point.

I’m not going to find the video but I saw the slo mo replay and it sure looked to me like it hit the ground while not in receiver’s control. 

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:
5 minutes ago, Llogg said:
Find the video that shows this. Saying it doesn't make it true. There is no video that shows the ball hitting the ground at any point.

The tweet quoted by Sub. The tip drags on the ground.

That happens for some people.

7 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
11 minutes ago, Llogg said:

The tweet quoted by Sub. The tip drags on the ground.

I've watched it a dozen times. It does not show that.

I've watched it a dozen times. It does not show that.

It was ruled incomplete.   It would have to show clear evidence that it didn't hit the ground to overturn.  It really isn't a good view.   None the less, it should have been reviewed, but upon review, I don't think it would have been overturned.  

10 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

It was ruled incomplete.   It would have to show clear evidence that it didn't hit the ground to overturn.  It really isn't a good view.   None the less, it should have been reviewed, but upon review, I don't think it would have been overturned.  

Not enough evidence to overturn is a very different argument than "the video clearly shows the ball hits the ground."

29 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The questionable sideline catch also seemed like it should have been given a second look, again the TV crew didn't bother with much of a replay  but it looked to me like he left his feet before extending to grab the ball, so when his body hit OOB, he didn't have one fit down in-bounds to make it a catch.  But I also didn't get to see much review on that one either, you know, because the officials felt like being in a hurry was a good idea at that point.

The endzone int I'm almost certain hit the ground. 

The out of bounds catch looked exactly like this to me and I was livid we didn't challenge. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

3 minutes ago, Quasimofo said:

Screenshot-2018-11-11-12-02-08.png

Screenshot-2018-11-11-12-02-43.png

If you give him possession in the first frame above it's a catch, but the ball is moving until he goes to the ground in the next frame, which shows no body part in bounds with elbow out of bounds. Should have to complete the process of the catch while in bounds, imo.

• Like 1

If you give him possession in the first frame above it's a catch, but the ball is moving until he goes to the ground in the next frame, which shows no body part in bounds with elbow out of bounds. Should have to complete the process of the catch while in bounds, imo.

The ball hits the ground at the end of the play too

I somehow left the tweet off my edit. I agree that it looks incomplete.

5 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Plus, his left hand comes off the ball when it hits the ground.  So the official would have to decide if one hand pinning the ball against the ground constitutes control. 

If that gets looked at, no way it’s confirmed. At best the call would stand. 

Cheers on victory horns. Jett Duffey giveth and he taketh away. Thats the first game ive seen the horns play. Offensive play calling fuckups aside, I like how Ehlinger uses the talent around him. Stud attitude. Helluva drive to finish.

Not sure our starter would have made as many plays against your D. Though I believe he would have exploited some matchups better. 

Discipline is not up to par with elite teams, imo. But slightly better than Tech. 

I figured had we put yall in a 14-0 hole we could have altered the horns gameplan. But you saw it. There was no way Jett was going to not turn the ball over. 

Anyway, bet the game next year means more than this one. 

• Like 4

I think that was a pick in the end zone. looks like it is on players arms/hands the whole time, not the ground. that was a 10 point play because they kick the field goal, then the onside kick happens which leads to a TD. Unbelievable that even the absolutely incompetent B12 refs did not bother to review that 

The pass to Vasher hit the ground. 

Sam going out of bounds should have been a personal foul. I've certainly seen way less called as much.

I don't know what it's going to take for these buffoons to get called to the carpet and reprimanded, suspended, fired...something...ANYTHING. I watch other conferences' games and you hardly notice the refs are even there...Defee, Van Vark, and some of the others (who's the guy that wears the sportsshade?) think people buy tickets or tune in to watch them officiate.       

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I usually don’t “hope” for injuries, but a career ending shoulder injury for Michael Bennett would be... ironically delicious. 

Next year he’ll come out wearing a couple of seashells or a bikini top or some shit on his shoulders. What a tool. 

I meant this for Cowboys thread. But After further review it stands as called. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit

10 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I usually don’t “hope” for injuries, but a career ending shoulder injury for Michael Bennett would be... ironically delicious. 

Next year he’ll come out wearing a couple of seashells or a bikini top or some shit on his shoulders. What a tool. 

I think the injury thing could apply to Jeffers too

Final Score:

W 41-34

First Downs:
Texas – 28
TTU – 32

Third Down Conversions
Texas – 8-16
TTU – 10-15

Total Yards:
Texas - 469
TTU - 595

Passing:
Texas – 22-34, 312 yds, 3TD
TTU - 38-48, 454 yards, 3TD

Rushing:
Texas - 48-157, 3.3 ypc, 2TD
TTU - 33-141, 4.3 ypc, 2TD

Texas – 33:08
TTU – 26:52

Turnovers:
Texas - 0
TTU - 3

Penalties:
Texas – 6-59
TTU – 8-89

Another game I wasn't able to watch, but I was able to listen on the radio at least.
First take, TTU absolutely mauled our defense. Without the turnovers we lose. Herman and Orlando need to find a way to stop the bleeding.
Further review: I'm glad we're limiting penalties (second game in a row we've had fewer than our opponent), and it's amazing how consistent our offensive production is from game to game. This team is on Ehlinger's back 100%. He's our ball control. He's our 1st down conversions. He's our final drive to win the game.

Was at the game. Pops is a Tech alum so I have been to a few day games with him over the years. The stupid and trashy really came out on Saturday night. Things heard in the stands from Tech fans:

"Yeah that new guy of ours was timed at at 4.1 forty. He's probably the fastest guy in the big 12"

"Trump gave Babe Ruth the Medal of Freedom posthumously. Back when baseball was good before the blacks were in it"

"Texas sucks. Their whole team is all five stars and we are all 2 and 3 stars"

Standing in line and this guy turns the corner and knocks over a black trash can. "He must love him some of that <n-word> ass"

Whiniest cuntiest fan base I have seen. Everything was Texas paying the refs and Texas is cheating blah blah blah. They spouted out complete fabrications as facts.

Gonna have to tell Dad I'll go to the game, but I'm sitting in the tiny Texas section.

2 hours ago, Walser said:

Was at the game. Pops is a Tech alum so I have been to a few day games with him over the years. The stupid and trashy really came out on Saturday night. Things heard in the stands from Tech fans:

"Yeah that new guy of ours was timed at at 4.1 forty. He's probably the fastest guy in the big 12"

"Trump gave Babe Ruth the Medal of Freedom posthumously. Back when baseball was good before the blacks were in it"

"Texas sucks. Their whole team is all five stars and we are all 2 and 3 stars"

Standing in line and this guy turns the corner and knocks over a black trash can. "He must love him some of that <n-word> ass"

Whiniest cuntiest fan base I have seen. Everything was Texas paying the refs and Texas is cheating blah blah blah. They spouted out complete fabrications as facts.

Gonna have to tell Dad I'll go to the game, but I'm sitting in the tiny Texas section.

They aren't called sand aggy for nothing.

On 11/11/2018 at 2:13 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Plus, his left hand comes off the ball when it hits the ground.  So the official would have to decide if one hand pinning the ball against the ground constitutes control. 

If that gets looked at, no way it’s confirmed. At best the call would stand. 

are you not familiar with their work?