Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

Yeah, if a little college in Texas can match the helmets to the jerseys, you would think an NFL team could as well.

3e803e13-0e60-4b93-b5bd-a38e1e7e5eb5-ASU_vs_ENMU_Sullins_eyes_receiver.JPG?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

angelo-state-rams-football-7f69f7b0-fa41-40a2-a64b-9de3d35efac-resize-750.png

Hell, they even managed to match the yellows

de92c81e-d07d-4e35-ba11-b74ce89123b0-Markus_Jones_ASU.JPG?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Well the Cowboys continue to use the stupid green pants instead of the grey/silver of the past so who knows.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purdue’s moon unis are slick; good look with nice touches honoring the university’s connection with the space program. Minnesota’s “Barney the Dinosaur” look...not so much. Possibly unpopular opinion: damn near all “color rush” unis are turribul.  I’ll allow an exception for the Cowboys all whites, which also serve as a throwback to their early 60s road unis. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Purdue’s moon unis are slick; good look with nice touches honoring the university’s connection with the space program. Minnesota’s “Barney the Dinosaur” look...not so much. Possibly unpopular opinion: damn near all “color rush” unis are turribul.  I’ll allow an exception for the Cowboys all whites, which also serve as a throwback to their early 60s road unis. 

spacer.png

Lol dude looks like Evel Knieval about to jump the Grand Canyon

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why do people keep bitching at the LA Rams? The NFL negotiated that stupid ass rule  with Nike that teams can’t change uniforms less than 5 years from previous change and not without 2 years’ notice. The Rams put Nike on notice when they left STL, so now they wear the white ones at home because they clash less with the yellow horns on helmet, and they wear the throwbacks as many times as they are permitted to. 

Same goes for the Browns. They let Nike fuck up their uniforms and were stuck for 5 years. They are supposed to get new ones (or old ones hopefully) starting next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Why do people keep bitching at the LA Rams? The NFL negotiated that stupid ass rule  with Nike that teams can’t change uniforms less than 5 years from previous change and not without 2 years’ notice. The Rams put Nike on notice when they left STL, so now they wear the white ones at home because they clash less with the yellow horns on helmet, and they wear the throwbacks as many times as they are permitted to. 

Same goes for the Browns. They let Nike fuck up their uniforms and were stuck for 5 years. They are supposed to get new ones (or old ones hopefully) starting next year. 

Yeah, the Rams actually got the NFL to change the rules where they can wear the throwbacks more, but that’s the best they can do. They’re stuck with those road jerseys till next year. That’s why they took the gold off the helmets and went to the white pants, to at least try to get rid of as much gold as possible.

I flipped to the Rams-Seahawks game last night. 
The blue and gold 80s/90s-era home unis they've been wearing are great. 
But the road unis are a disaster. They have gold trim on the jersey, but none on the helmet or pants, which makes it look awkward - like they decided to redesign them but ran out of time and just said "screw it, we've redesigned the pants and helmet, just use the old jerseys". And on top of that, the shade of the gold is completely different than what they wear in the home unis. Different shade of blue too, though that's less noticeable. They need to align these better. 
13440741_H25375634-720x445.jpg

The old school blue and white is superior to the gold and blue.

SIAP, but my friend who is an equipment manager confirmed with me over the summer that we will have throwback jerseys for this weekend's game vs Kansas. I was told to keep it under wraps but at this point, it should be announced either today or tomorrow.

Not sure how "throwback" they are supposed to be, because my buddy has even only seen the back of the jerseys (no last name).  Hopefully they're pretty sweet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

SIAP, but my friend who is an equipment manager confirmed with me over the summer that we will have throwback jerseys for this weekend's game vs Kansas. I was told to keep it under wraps but at this point, it should be announced either today or tomorrow.

Not sure how "throwback" they are supposed to be, because my buddy has even only seen the back of the jerseys (no last name).  Hopefully they're pretty sweet.

3 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Andddd there it is

Hanging the 69 jersey was a nice touch.

man thanks for posting that scoop 

giphy.gif