Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

I find it odd that some of these schools just use any colors they want now. School colors don’t matter anymore. Add red, gray, black doesn’t matter...

TCU's had thin red lines on their helmet/unis before because of the blood horned frogs shoot from their eyes and it's been a fun, popular Easter egg. This is just fucking absurd.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, hookem17 said:

It’s nice to see KSU trying something new. These look clean. 

Meh

To each his own, but IMO the logo on your helmet should be your brand. The Powercat is K-State's brand. The "Cats" script looks like it could be any random high school. I don't know why K-State would get away from The Wizard's classic, traditional, Cowboys knock-off uniforms. Does it really help recruiting? I find that hard to believe - see Alabama, Penn State, and UT.

But, I'm a 50+ white guy so get off my damn lawn with this crap. And your "numbers on one side, logo on the other" helmets too.

15 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Meh

To each his own, but IMO the logo on your helmet should be your brand. The Powercat is K-State's brand. The "Cats" script looks like it could be any random high school. I don't know why K-State would get away from The Wizard's classic, traditional, Cowboys knock-off uniforms. Does it really help recruiting? I find that hard to believe - see Alabama, Penn State, and UT.

But, I'm a 50+ white guy so get off my damn lawn with this crap. And your "numbers on one side, logo on the other" helmets too.

We fucked up our uniforms in 2012 with that dumbass collar logo so we don’t get to talk anymore. The front of the Texas uniform is more cluttered than nascar.

3 hours ago, Girdwood said:

We fucked up our uniforms in 2012 with that dumbass collar logo so we don’t get to talk anymore. The front of the Texas uniform is more cluttered than nascar.

I ean there's cluttering up your classic look a bit too much, and then there's going into full silly alternate land *cough*OU*cough*

4 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Agreed. Too much unnecessary clutter on the front of the 'Horns jerseys. I love the throw-backs, but will like 'em equally well with "TEXAS" lettering.

Texas Longhorns To Celebrate 1969 National Championship With Throwback Uniforms | Chris Creamer ...

Doesn't make K-State's HS helmets look any better to me, though. But, their white lids with the Powercat look good.

Kansas State football unveils alternate uniforms for Baylor game | K-State Sports | themercury.com

On 11/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, texifornia said:

Not football, but MLB teams don't rebrand very often. I love the more distinctive look, and the swinging padre logo is great.

will be interesting to see what nike does with uniforms this year.  The D-backs really need to kill themselves and start fresh.  my lord.  everything about their uniforms is utterly terrible. 

OSU wearing veterans day unis this week. I'm pretty jaded on these types of things, always seems fake and profit-motivated to me, but they will auction off the unis and donate to Folds of Honor, so I guess there's something good coming out of it. From the stands and TV they'll just look like meh grey and black.

Image result for oklahoma state football veterans day uniforms

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

OSU wearing veterans day unis this week. I'm pretty jaded on these types of things, always seems fake and profit-motivated to me, but they will auction off the unis and donate to Folds of Honor, so I guess there's something good coming out of it. From the stands and TV they'll just look like meh grey and black.

Yeah I've never known a soldier that actually gave a shit, but but the dually pickup crowd eats it up.

Those are completely forgettable but at least it's going to charity. The bronco patch is pretty cool.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

is that a ripoff of cowboy joe on the sleeve

19 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Agreed. Too much unnecessary clutter on the front of the 'Horns jerseys. I love the throw-backs, but will like 'em equally well with "TEXAS" lettering.

Texas Longhorns To Celebrate 1969 National Championship With Throwback Uniforms | Chris Creamer ...

Doesn't make K-State's HS helmets look any better to me, though. But, their white lids with the Powercat look good.

Kansas State football unveils alternate uniforms for Baylor game | K-State Sports | themercury.com

The Texas throwbacks are perfect and should be our full time uniforms. Simple, straightforward, and classic. The stormtroopers would be insanely clean with this look. Can you even imagine. 

KSU unis/logo are great. No way they should be putting that high school “Cats” shit on their helmet. White helmets are acceptable on occasion though. 

5 hours ago, Girdwood said:

The Texas throwbacks are perfect and should be our full time uniforms. Simple, straightforward, and classic. The stormtroopers would be insanely clean with this look. Can you even imagine. 

KSU unis/logo are great. No way they should be putting that high school “Cats” shit on their helmet. White helmets are acceptable on occasion though. 

Agree.

I haven't seen K-State in the all-whites yet, but that'd look pretty awesome too. The Stormtrooper uni is often imitated, but never duplicated. \m/

• Like 1

only problem with Oklahoma State throwbacks is that Texas A&M has kind of ruined any reference to "A&M" because now you say "A&M" and people immediately picture a bunch of pimply, closeted, sunk-chested, goose-stepping sheep-fucking inbreds and that's not really the association you want people to make with Oklahoma State

• Like 4