Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ehh....

not fan of the numbers - it's like they ran out of ink.  The helmet is ok, but the change was not needed.  I assume the change was made solely for the purposes of selling new gear.

also for me the "classic" rams look is blue and white, not blue and gold.

Edited by MAROON

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

I don't hate the gold pants, but would rather see white pants with gold bolt outlined in the blue, especially with the blue jerseys.

IMO, the four Chargers uniforms on the left are the best in the NFL. The two "color rush" on the right?

Not so much.

Chargers unveil new uniforms: Six styles, throwback ...

Edited by DFW Horn

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

If you have the first four, why would you ever wear the last two? 

I agree with you. I know I've heard Matt "Money" Smith, the Chargers play-by-play guy claim that the players fucking love the color rush looks, particularly the all-navy look; so maybe that's a factor? 

The UT Stormtroopers work, as in, they are among the best uniforms in sports.

When Tech trots out the kool-aid man unis, red bonnet, red jersey, red britches; I cannot stand them and wish death upon whomever makes that decision.  When our traditional set up is sooooo badass; it makes me hate the trickeration of the unis so much!

The Rams had two all time great schemes (yellow and royal, white and royal). Great job fucking it up and being a cocktease at the same time by bringing back the colors, but changing the horn logo, using gradient font like a kid who learned how to use MS Clip Art, and throwing out these bizarre gray/beige uniforms. Well done. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Iceman said:

When Tech trots out the kool-aid man unis, red bonnet, red jersey, red britches; I cannot stand them and wish death upon whomever makes that decision.  When our traditional set up is sooooo badass; it makes me hate the trickeration of the unis so much!

You guys have one of the widest swings between great uniforms and terrible uniforms I've ever seen.

usa-today-8083890.0.jpg

JTRK5UJ375UCT5BO3KQFNJQKZU.jpg

and then

ap_texas_texas_tech_football_68433870.jp

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, 'stache said:

Gradient colors should be outlaws. They've always looked cheap and stupid. I also can't believe they are changing an all time brand in the helmet design. Maybe Michigan should change too, just 'cause.

This, 100%.  The Rams classic unis are among the best in the NFL.  Why mess with it?

13 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

IMO, the four Chargers uniforms on the left are the best in the NFL. The two "color rush" on the right?

Not so much.

Chargers unveil new uniforms: Six styles, throwback ...

They are great, but best in the NFL?  The Cowboys home unis hold that title, hands down.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

This, 100%.  The Rams classic unis are among the best in the NFL.  Why mess with it?

They are great, but best in the NFL?  The Cowboys home unis hold that title, hands down.

Nah, the weird green/silver pants are cool because of history, not because they look that great. The Raiders home uniform is the best combination of both in the league. The Steelers are up there, too.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

When UK would breakout the Blueberry look and Throwboy looked like Violet from Wonka...  sheesh. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Nah, the weird green/silver pants are cool because of history, not because they look that great. The Raiders home uniform is the best combination of both in the league. The Steelers are up there, too.

If they would go back to old school flat grey pants the look would be perfect. I agree the green/silverish thing is outdated and unnecessary anymore.

Gradient colors should be outlaws. They've always looked cheap and stupid. I also can't believe they are changing an all time brand in the helmet design. Maybe Michigan should change too, just 'cause.
This court design nearly gave me an aneurysm. What an embarrassment.cf41eb63e092c8ef96ff797a8047f552.jpg

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

Fortunately, Tech seems to have stopped trotting out the ugly unis.  I don't recall anything other than the throwbacks or normal look unis since Kliff's 2nd year as HC

1 minute ago, Okie State said:

This court design nearly gave me an aneurysm. What an embarrassment.

Goddamnit, that was what immediately came to mind. Just attrocious. I hated the block beveled slant O too, with the chevy symbol in the middle. I'm so happy we have phased it out of existence. I'll add bevels to designs that should be outlawed.

• Like 2

I am not normally one for fucking around with uniforms, but I think Tech actually does some nice stuff when they wear alternates-- within reason. Their all-blacks work, as do the black/red/red combination (they need to stick with black helmets). Not a fan of all-reds. 

Black/black/gray and black/red/white are probably their two strongest looks.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

48 minutes ago, TXK said:

I like the Rams unis. Nice change of pace.

Also, seems like the only purpose of this thread is to shit on things and long for 30 years ago.

I prefer the Stars' current unis to the old ones.  It's not love of tradition or whatever the accusation seems to be.  I'm fine with the newer Double T, although i prefer the old one.  It's just that some of the color combos and logos are truly fucked up and it's as if the decision makers just say, "Fuck it, we're rolling..."

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Not just the greenish pants at home, but why royal blue jersey font when navy is the logo/team color? This outfit may be the best to someone with moderate color blindness. 

The Dallas road unis and throwbacks are great. I really don’t have a problem with many uniforms created before 1990ish. Kudos to Pittsburgh, Chicago, GB, KC, NYG, Colts, Redskins, and others who kept it classic.

After 2000, we got golden Rams, two tone helmet Jags, vomit scheme Bucs, Browns (too many eyesore issues take your pick), a few shitty Cardinals combos. Not quite as offensive, but the period also brought us minivan green and black Eagles, duded up Lions, and a few incarnations of “flying Elvis” Patriots. Texans and Titans are nothing to be proud of. The only new uniforms in this century that are worth a shit are the Seahawks, IMO.

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TXK said:

I like the Rams unis. Nice change of pace.

Also, seems like the only purpose of this thread is to shit on things and long for 30 years ago.

Eh, there's a reason simple, bold designs last longer than gradients, over-designed uniforms and weird color experimentation (why on earth have a soft grey uniform with a white nametag on the front?). They just look better.

31 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Not just the greenish pants at home, but why royal blue jersey font when navy is the logo/team color? This outfit may be the best to someone with moderate color blindness. 

The Dallas road unis and throwbacks are great. I really don’t have a problem with many uniforms created before 1990ish. Kudos to Pittsburgh, Chicago, GB, KC, NYG, Colts, Redskins, and others who kept it classic.

After 2000, we got golden Rams, two tone helmet Jags, vomit scheme Bucs, Browns (too many eyesore issues take your pick), a few shitty Cardinals combos. Not quite as offensive, but the period also brought us minivan green and black Eagles, duded up Lions, and a few incarnations of “flying Elvis” Patriots. Texans and Titans are nothing to be proud of. The only new uniforms in this century that are worth a shit are the Seahawks, IMO.

And why are there random black outlines on the white jersey sleeve stripes but not the numbers (or anywhere else in the uniform)?

The Cowboys uniforms are just a weird mishmash of elements that don’t match.

Here's an audio clip of Eric Dickerson talking about how much he hates the new Rams uniform.  Starting at 3:30 in the conversation, he compares how much he hates the new Rams look to how much he hated the aggy uniform back in the day, too.  Can't argue with the man on either point.  

https://am570lasports.iheart.com/content/2020-05-13-eric-dickerson-says-the-new-rams-uniform-are-soft/

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Pretty sure the Titans would sue. They have the rights to this look which they have used a time or two I think.

Ok switch from “Columbia Blue, Ivory White, and Scarlet Red” to “Carolina Blue, Liberty White, and Battle Red!” They’ve already got two out of the three trademarked! #betteremployeethanBoB

• Like 1