JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 10:19 AM, DFW Horn said:

Looks like it. Color is better now, too, IMO.

USATSI_14923272.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I distinctly remember someone on here once complaining that the older helmet logos (before y'all briefly did the metallic thing), weren't burnt orange, they were "more burnt than Sally Brown's cookies."

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Why would they mess with perfection? What is their mascot now, the sharks or something?

Their "perfection" is a bit bland - it's three most common colors in sports. The best look will always be powder blue helmets over the red uniforms imo, but I'm ok with this sort of color exchanging within traditional shades on the normal unis.

Powder blue was actually a mistake at first - Vaught ordered regular Yale Blue helmets, and the manufacturer sent in robins-egg blue ones too late for him to get them switched.

24 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

I hate to say it because I know a certain other team has them, but I like the look of the Jumpman logo on the front of jerseys over the Nike swoosh. Wouldn't necessarily hate if Jordan became our sponsor someday.

kgbingxrhdhj6tjfkqki

The Jumpman uniforms are great because they don't include that dumb Nike-enforced collar logo.

The dude playing basketball on a football jersey is some dumbass shit.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, texifornia said:

Adidas still managed to tacky-up an otherwise nice back to basics look. Huge sponsor logos, stupid fabric patterns, candied-up jersey numbers

Meh, I liked the 70's style shoulder stripes bc they were unique.

Removing the number and helmet logo bevels was overdue. Agree 80's style, glossy helmet is an upgrade, though.