Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I'm not feeling it. I like our normal uniforms with Pitt Script on the helmet. I do love Angry Panther Head logo. Not sure about on the helmet though. I guess I am just too damn old.

Yeah, with black and gold and that military style patch y'all look like off-brand West Point.

19 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

While I was not fond of finding out on Saturday that we suck again, I was quite fond of our classic white/orange/white home look with the Pistol Pete/Stripes helmet.

spacer.png

The white/ orange/ white throwbacks y'all wore a year or two ago with the older OSU logo should be your primary home look. 'Twas fantastic.

50 minutes ago, LTbear said:

The white/ orange/ white throwbacks y'all wore a year or two ago with the older OSU logo should be your primary home look. 'Twas fantastic.

Oh yeah. Agreed 100%.

On a related note, we're wearing these this week because we are starting a "Ring of Honor" thing at BPS and Thurman Thomas is the first recepient.  (We're actually wearing these white versions at home because we wore them in the 1987 Sun Bowl against West Virginia (this week's opponent) and Thurman was the MVP of that game:

spacer.png

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

One thing I failed to mention on my post above about our uniforms last Saturday.... Tulsa has some freaking sweet uniforms.... definitely top five G5 uniforms.  They always have just a nice, clean look and the blue and gold with red accents looks great together.  And I always loved the script "Tulsa" on the helmet.  Great job, Tulsa!

spacer.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

One thing I failed to mention on my post above about our uniforms last Saturday.... Tulsa has some freaking sweet uniforms.... definitely top five G5 uniforms.  They always have just a nice, clean look and the blue and gold with red accents looks great together.  And I always loved the script "Tulsa" on the helmet.  Great job, Tulsa!

spacer.png

Them and LaTech always set the pace in random regional G5 uniform quality. Tulsa's are marvelous.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pump up video is pretty badass.  Flyboys got this one right.  Waaaaay right.

Shared the video with my sons.  In true rivalrous banter, the  Army grad replies:

Benjamin O. Davis Jr.
I wonder what it’s like when all your badass founders went to a real military school

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I still prefer these with the old OSU logo

Screen+Shot+2018-10-22+at+8.16.36+AM.png

Agreed, these are perfect. This weekend's are the same except white for the jersey because that is what we wore in the 1988 Sun Bowl against WVU. It's weird to wear all white at home, but it will look really sharp.

IMG_0124.PNG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Agreed, these are perfect. This weekend's are the same except white for the jersey because that is what we wore in the 1988 Sun Bowl against WVU. It's weird to wear all white at home, but it will look really sharp.

I've always wondered about this.... football is the only sport of the "big 4" major sports in the U.S. that has *not* traditionally worn white at home... Basketball, baseball, and hockey all traditionally wear white at home and then the darker primary color on the road... (which a few exceptions of course)..... I wonder why football went the other direction?

I've always wondered about this.... football is the only sport of the "big 4" major sports in the U.S. that has *not* traditionally worn white at home... Basketball, baseball, and hockey all traditionally wear white at home and then the darker primary color on the road... (which a few exceptions of course)..... I wonder why football went the other direction?

You haven’t watched much hockey lately have you?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 8:00 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Well despite being wrong on Hockey, I had always heard that in baseball the origins of white at home and gray on the road revolved entirely around laundry. On the road, you could wear your grays multiple days in a row as it hides the dirt/grass/tobacco/blood better than white.

6 hours ago, vtaenz said:
10 hours ago, Post Oak said:
Tech needs to stop messing around with their unis.  Play the fucking Zach Thomas / Bam Morris classics.
These look great.

I think they look better with grey pants but I'm splitting hairs.

Black jerseys and grey pants would be the Zach Thomas/Bam Morris era home look (late '80/early '90s).  I also prefer those.  These ones they're wearing today are supposed to be like our late '70s unis.