Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dhw4yvXUYAAGrX7.jpg:large

I'm not sure exactly where I stand.  I love the road unis.  The alt is decent, I guess.  The kids love that shit apparently.  Yesterday, someone just leaked the home jersey and I immediately hated it due to the black collar.  It doesn't look terrible matched with the whole uniform.  These don't look like USC, so I guess that's good.

More pics here:

https://twitter.com/CycloneFB

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm not sure exactly where I stand.  I love the road unis.  The alt is decent, I guess.  The kids love that shit apparently.  Yesterday, someone just leaked the home jersey and I immediately hated it due to the black collar.  It doesn't look terrible matched with the whole uniform.  These don't look like USC, so I guess that's good.

More pics here:

Probably so they won't look like USC so much.

4 minutes ago, Penche Gringo said:

Probably so they won't look like USC so much.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

More pics here:

1 , 2, X

Black collar is dumb collar. Would be 1b, 1a, X if they would have gone w/ out.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Sheesh.

All black for teams that don't have black as a primary school color was dumb when teams started doing it like 10 years ago and it's even dumber now because it's played out AF.

Others look good. Road whites are very sharp.

Not only all black, but black and white.  Most schools that use black despite it not being one of their primary colors usually at least accent it with their primary color.  Like USC's basketball unis.  This is just a black and white uniform for a school whose colors are red and yellow.  Stupid as fuck.

usc-13-black-3-620x897.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

More pics here:

First two are great. Last one is awful. I’ve never liked teams randomly using a black uniform - seems like half the country does now - and something about these just seem weird/ lazy. All black and white? Not even a sprinkle of ISU colors in there?

• Like 1

I've long been opposed to schools without black in their scheme using it, but shit, half the country does it.  Kids like it, I don't.

I'd rather we hadn't, but I do think it's more aesthetically pleasing than that USC basketball jersey that was posted above.

16 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Sheesh.

All black for teams that don't have black as a primary school color was dumb when teams started doing it like 10 years ago and it's even dumber now because it's played out AF.

This. All black is terrible (if your actual colors do not include black). Something like 75% of FBS schools have used an all-black uni; so in addition to it looking like shit, it is totally unoriginal and just makes the team wearing it look exactly like everyone else. 

Really looking forward to this trend dying. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

This. All black is terrible (if your actual colors do not include black). Something like 75% of FBS schools have used an all-black uni; so in addition to it looking like shit, it is totally unoriginal and just makes the team wearing it look exactly like everyone else. 

Really looking forward to this trend dying. 

I don't see it ever dying. The athletes fucking love it, and programs will continue to look for any possible way of catering to their interests.

8 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

I don't see it ever dying. The athletes fucking love it, and programs will continue to look for any possible way of catering to their interests.

This is exactly why it's happening.  I don't know that anyone over the age of 25 thinks it looks good.

42 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This is exactly why it's happening.  I don't know that anyone over the age of 25 thinks it looks good.

I mean, it looks good on a purely aesthetic level, but there's zero indication of what team it is or any acknowledgement of tradition.

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I mean, it looks good on a purely aesthetic level, but there's zero indication of what team it is or any acknowledgement of tradition.

Honestly that's why it doesn't look as bad as others. Sure it looks generic but since it's desired better than trying to incorporate colors that don't mesh well. Plus it's pretty much a staple of all fan gear as well. One of my favorite hats is the Astros black/white star/ black H and it doesn't incorporate any of the team's colors but still looks clean and simple. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Right.  It's not ugly, it just has dick to do with Iowa State.

But I'm too old for that demographic anyhow.

• Like 2

don't know how many times i have to say it.  same color pants and jerseys are high school (with the exception of white).  i also look forward to this stupid all black trend to go away.  when i turn on a game now half the time i don't know who is playing without looking at the scoreboard.  schools should be required to have their school colors in their uniforms otherwise whats the point of having school colors?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

How do we know this? Not saying it isn't true, but this seems like an assumption. Did they love it when Oregon started doing it 15 years ago - because then it was different. Do they still love it, or does everyone see that it has totally jumped the shark?

I just don't see how anyone (except aggy) could really love something that is so ordinary, commonplace, unimaginative, dull. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

59 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

How do we know this? Not saying it isn't true, but this seems like an assumption. Did they love it when Oregon started doing it 15 years ago - because then it was different. Do they still love it, or does everyone see that it has totally jumped the shark?

I just don't see how anyone (except aggy) could really love something that is so ordinary, commonplace, unimaginative, dull. 

Agree with the bolded but I think the banality of it will only sink in after every P5 team has fucked around with it.  And now that it's finally reached the far reaches of the P5 (us) it'll fizzle out.  I don't think it'll ever be  "jumping the shark" with UO due to the relationship with Phil Knight & Nike.  They could be uniform guinea pigs forever and no one will think it strange or lame, just that it's UO's "thing".  I'm a casual UO fan and have family (UO grads) in Portland and they still dig it.  Even after the Ducks dressed as actual ducks vs. Nebraska two years ago in Lincoln. 

1 hour ago, SnowAggy said:

Agree with the bolded but I think the banality of it will only sink in after every P5 team has fucked around with it.  And now that it's finally reached the far reaches of the P5 (us) it'll fizzle out.  I don't think it'll ever be  "jumping the shark" with UO due to the relationship with Phil Knight & Nike.  They could be uniform guinea pigs forever and no one will think it strange or lame, just that it's UO's "thing".  I'm a casual UO fan and have family (UO grads) in Portland and they still dig it.  Even after the Ducks dressed as actual ducks vs. Nebraska two years ago in Lincoln. 

Yeah - I agree with this, particularly regarding Oregon. Crazy unis is their thing - which makes everyone else look like they are just trying to be Oregon.

Anyway, the ISU red and whites look good. 

5 hours ago, Mileslong said:

don't know how many times i have to say it.  same color pants and jerseys are high school (with the exception of white).  i also look forward to this stupid all black trend to go away.  when i turn on a game now half the time i don't know who is playing without looking at the scoreboard.  schools should be required to have their school colors in their uniforms otherwise whats the point of having school colors?

You're damn right. The problem with the NCAA is not enough questionably enforceable rules.

On 7/10/2018 at 3:34 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

Sheesh.

i agree

Edited by Bash Riprock

16 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It's obviously anecdotal, but our current players and committed recruits were going nuts on Twitter when these came out.

17 hours ago, Mileslong said:

This right here.......