Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

The Navy uniform is great. The helmet is bad because it looks like a wrap you put on a car. I think Army wins the better uniforms this round.

Easily. The Army uniform comes together nicely. The jersey by itself is alright but the pants with the stenciling on the legs and the helmet with the sabres makes it.

Texas should begin incorporating the color Gray into it's football uniforms.  The baseball and basketball teams already do, and I believe Gray and Burnt Orange look damn good together.

I think we all agree Black on the uniform would be an abomination, but a touch of Gray here and there would look dope as fuck IMHO.

Discuss.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Somnio said:

Texas should begin incorporating the color Gray into it's football uniforms.  The baseball and basketball teams already do, and I believe Gray and Burnt Orange look damn good together.

I think we all agree Black on the uniform would be an abomination, but a touch of Gray here and there would look dope as fuck IMHO.

Discuss.

No. It wouldn't look right 

33 minutes ago, Somnio said:

Discuss.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Somnio said:

Discuss.

Agree that gray looks good with burnt orange. 

Vehemently disagree that it should in any way be incorporated into football uniforms. 

It's been said on here a million times - all that should happen to the football uniforms is removing all the bullshit from the collar/chest and getting the shade of burnt orange correct on the helmet and the jersey (I know, this may just be the material, but the damn helmet logo has definitely become a lighter shade). 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Somnio said:

Discuss.

The football uniforms need to be more simple, not less. Texas' colors are orange and white, and with only 13 (or so) games a year there's no need for alternates.

12 hours ago, Somnio said:

Discuss.

The only discussion I’m going to have is with @immamac in regards to your banishment from the site.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Somnio said:

Discuss.

All baseball teams wear gray on the road.

Do not fuck with the uniforms.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:48 PM, Somnio said:

Discuss.

No to gray football uniforms, but what about pant stripes? They looked good on Earl.

earl campbell | Longhorn Football | PinterestThrowback Thursday: Earl Campbell won Heisman 39 years ago ...

• Like 2

On 12/7/2019 at 8:48 PM, Somnio said:

Discuss.

Jerry Garcia agrees...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

No to gray football uniforms, but what about pant stripes? They looked good on Earl.

earl campbell | Longhorn Football | PinterestThrowback Thursday: Earl Campbell won Heisman 39 years ago ...

Earl would have looked good in anything. Now... STOP IT!

It's not the off-season yet where idiot snowflake ideas like yours are paraded around for all to ridicule.

Give it another month.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Earl would have looked good in anything. Now... STOP IT!

It's not the off-season yet where idiot snowflake ideas like yours are paraded around for all to ridicule.

Give it another month.

"idiot snowflake ideas"

GFY, meathead. There's nothing wrong with those stripes. DKR approved

Sports | Legends | Nostalgia | History

Edited by DFW Horn

14 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

"idiot snowflake ideas"

GFY, meathead. There's nothing wrong with those stripes. DKR approved

Sports | Legends | Nostalgia | History

Apples and turnips Snowflake.

Look at the jersey. Does that jersey look like it belongs in Nascar? NO. It is clean. It is not candied up.

Now, take a look at our current jerseys. They are as cluttered as your mother's vagina on Mother's Day.

Look at the back of the helmet from Earl's era. It is clean. It doesn't look like Ohio fucking State's helmet with warnings and insignias too numerous to count. Today, there is so much crap on the helmets, one can barely determine they are off-white.  

Adding more sissified, window dressing to our uniforms simply makes them more common, LESS distinctive and more like those worn by the great unwashed of college football.

You shattered your credibility with your idiot, snowflake idea of incorporating grey, which is not even a school color, into some of the most iconic uniforms in the history of college football. You should have stopped with that one craptacular idea.

So, once again, wait until the off-season to parade your ignorance. 

27 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

You shattered your credibility with your idiot, snowflake idea of incorporating grey, which is not even a school color, into some of the most iconic uniforms in the history of college football. You should have stopped with that one craptacular idea.

I think you're mixing up two different posters, man.

And while I'm anti-stripe, I don't think bringing up the jerseys Earl wore is really a "snowflake" move.

Army's uniform theme the last 4 years:

2019 - 1st Cavalry Division

2018 - 1st Infantry Division

2017 - 10th Mountain Division

2016 - 82nd Airborne Division

Navy's uniform theme the last 4 years:

2019 - Themselves

2018 - Their mascot

2017 - The Navy's non-combat aerial show team, the Blue Angels

2016 - Themselves...again

See any trends here?  GO ARMY, beat navy!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick Nolte said:

Army's uniform theme the last 4 years:

2019 - 1st Cavalry Division

2018 - 1st Infantry Division

2017 - 10th Mountain Division

2016 - 82nd Airborne Division

Navy's uniform theme the last 4 years:

2019 - Themselves

2018 - Their mascot

2017 - The Navy's non-combat aerial show team, the Blue Angels

2016 - Themselves...again

See any trends here?  GO ARMY, beat navy!!

Sadly, they'll never top Air Force's P-40 Flying Tigers helmets from 2016

usa-today-9531943.0.jpg

Edited by texifornia

On 12/9/2019 at 9:07 AM, Lidig8r said:

So, once again, wait until the off-season to parade your ignorance. 

You got the wrong guy, dumbass. I never advocated grey or black in our uniforms.

No need to apologize.