Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

For the first 70+ years or so of Texas football the jerseys didn’t read “TEXAS” on the chest. People did and should recognize that it is Texas from the shade of orange, white helmet, and longhorn logo. 

The elites, blue bloods, and historic colleges don’t have to put their name on the jersey for people to know who they are. Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, UCLA, UW, and Stanford (this is not an exhaustive list, I just stopped here) all have jerseys without their school name. A few like LSU and Auburn have their name but in tiny font at the collar as an alternative to the logo some schools put there.

School names on the jerseys are for the Kansases, Iowa States, Baylors, etc. of the world.

ramonce-taylor-and-jamaal-charles-of-the

This right mother fucking here.....

When Fred Akers added the "TEXAS" to the front of our jersey it was what every JUCO school in Texas had already done.

OU followed suit at some point after that. 

Should have removed it as soon as he left.

Get that JUCO shit off of our unis.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Stanford, UW and UCLA are blue bloods?  Huh

Well whatever they are we look like their JUCO feeder school with the school name across the chest. 

(I did say elites and historic in addition to blue blood, and UCLA is historic while both have been elite for periods)

Better than the stupid not-school-color shit than they've been doing. And to @lazygringo's point - Arizona has an iconic state flag for those who live there, and it's not like ASU has done a great job of putting a stake down and grabbing their core fans and recruits (to UT's benefit).

I'm a fan. They're not UT, they can get a bit playful without getting ridiculous. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lazygringo said:

Hmm, not a fan. No one who's not from Arizona cares about the Arizona flag. 

I do, but that's due to traversing between Oklahoma/ Texas & Arizona/ California the last few years... #FanOfTheOl'Southwest..!

On 7/28/2018 at 1:18 AM, texifornia said:

Better than the stupid not-school-color shit than they've been doing. And to @lazygringo's point - Arizona has an iconic state flag for those who live there, and it's not like ASU has done a great job of putting a stake down and grabbing their core fans and recruits (to UT's benefit).

I'm a fan. They're not UT, they can get a bit playful without getting ridiculous. 

Agree, ASU has always had my favorite unis outside of Texas. They always seem to hit a pretty good balance, I like the flag.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Damn, our burnt orange is starting to converge on their shitty orange

I don't want to laugh at that... I feel your sentiments, as the Burnt Orange that Ricky Williams wore is quite different that now...

I happen to think it was due to the change in outfitters from Reebok to Nike, and the difference in materials used... As in the 1990's there was almost a fishnet material...

34 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I don't want to laugh at that... I feel your sentiments, as the Burnt Orange that Ricky Williams wore is quite different that now...

I happen to think it was due to the change in outfitters from Reebok to Nike, and the difference in materials used... As in the 1990's there was almost a fishnet material...

Wouldn't mind having that look back, fishnet and all. (Wouldn't mind having him back either.)

27 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Wouldn't mind having that look back, fishnet and all. (Wouldn't mind having him back either.)

It might be as simple as the difference in outfitters from Reebok & Nike, and since Reebok is owned by Adidas, I doubt they would allow Nike access to materials from the latter...

6 hours ago, Rustic Horn said:

yeah thats just great minnesota, gray, white and gold unis, gold shiny helmets with a fucking oar on the top, and the gayest name for a uniform in the history of the world with HYPRR ELITE...  too bad they couldn't find a place to put a Z in their somewhere...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I don't get the "row the boat" shit...is that the coach's catchphrase? Does he have a trademark on it? And what does it have to do with Minnesota? Seems really weird. 

He brought it with him from WMU.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/01/06/what-does-row-the-boat-mean-gophers-football-coach-p-j-fleck-explains/

8 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Getting closer and closer to the old school Tampa Bay Buccaneer look every day.   

I think it more likely that the color scheme of Tampa Bay as an expansion team used some variant of color that was similar to that of Tennessee, as a matter of fact all 3 of the major schools in the Sunshine State use the color orange... Maybe it has something to do with the citrus agriculture grown within the state...

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This:

0f04b19a779059dfe9c66f3193718d8a.png

Is better and more iconic than this imo:

ff_2517615_full.jpg&w=340

What's the point of the illegible NY or that weird roundish little football? And the old one at least references their mascot.

More iconic? They won the Super Bowl in one of those designs. It wasn’t the top one (and it’s also not older).