NCAA Week 12

NowThis

obviously my track record this year sucks, but I really dont know about SMU

SMU didnt cover against UConn last week, which seems kinda nuts considering it was only 19 points and SMU scored  62......   giving up 50.

just doesnt seem like a good play considering that Uconnn managed to score 50 on them and UConn blows donkey nuts.

Citadel +59.5 I annually stalk this play during Bama's bye week and this in the Saban years has been profitable.  Don't have the results in front of me but want to say it's 5-1 over the last 6 years (sacrificial lamb covering).  Saban doesn't run it up in these exhibitions and even more so this season with Bama's Tua / QB situation - he just wants to get out of this game with no one hurt before the Iron Bowl and Georgia. I'm guessing Tua won't even dress for this and Hurts is injured so get QB3 a little time and win this one 45-0. 

May not even play the 1H which is saying something for me. 

Edited by Wally Pryor

12 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Citadel +59.5 I annually stalk this play during Bama's bye week and this in the Saban years has been profitable.  Don't have the results in front of me but want to say it's 5-1 over the last 6 years (sacrificial lamb covering).  Saban doesn't run it up in these exhibitions and even more so this season with Bama's Tua / QB situation - he just wants to get out of this game with no one hurt before the Iron Bowl and Georgia. I'm guessing Tua won't even dress for this and Hurts is injured so get QB3 a little time and win this one 45-0. 

May not even play the 1H which is saying something for me. 

This will be a complete exhibition with all the depth chart getting extensive playing time.  All the top skill players may not play much 

54 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

obviously my track record this year sucks, but I really dont know about SMU

SMU didnt cover against UConn last week, which seems kinda nuts considering it was only 19 points and SMU scored  62......   giving up 50.

just doesnt seem like a good play considering that Uconnn managed to score 50 on them and UConn blows donkey nuts.

Yeah, UConn. Ugh. 

I think SMU will play better at home (see UH game) / also just fading Memphis as a bad road team.   I'll be on this over as well.  Not concerned how high it will be. 

12 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

This will be a complete exhibition with all the depth chart getting extensive playing time.  All the top skill players may not play much 

Even more so with Citadel running the option - lots of cut blocking and the like.  Exactly what you don't want your (good) defenders exposed to. 

Syracuse-Notre Dame is at Yankee Stadium in New York, so that explains the number. Weather shouldn't be a problem on the muddy track.

Wazzu -10 at home in the late night game

Piggy +20 at Miss State? Yeah I know Arky stinks but I don't think Miss State should be laying 3 TDs to anyone

SoCal -3.5 at the Rose Bowl

Rice +44 at LSU. See above comment about rent-a-wins 

Liberty +29 at Auburn, only because Auburn has soiled themselves in this spot before.

Baylor -2  Jumped on WVU last weekend as TCU is done.  Brewer is playing, Baylor at home looking to go bowling.  They have Tech to close out the season in Dallas.  That will be tough so this weekend is Baylor's chance to clinch the bowl berth.    Expect them to be focused against a team in disarray. 

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Baylor -2  Jumped on WVU last weekend as TCU is done.  Brewer is playing, Baylor at home looking to go bowling.  They have Tech to close out the season in Dallas.  That will be tough so this weekend is Baylor's chance to clinch the bowl berth.    Expect them to be focused against a team in disarray. 

I like it.  Tailing.

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

MId Tenn State +16.5   MTSU has won 6 of  7, pretty decent team.    Kentucky is a fraud with an abysmal offense - averaging 13 ppg over its last 5.   Hell, they may shut out MTSU and still not cover. 

was thinking the same, Kentucky has a hard time scoring over 24.  However, MTSU has been blown out by P5 schools.  

had a really good weekend last week.  This week is going to be light.

3 team parlay

Clemson -28 they're an unstoppable machine

Aggy -16 vs UAB they are just going to outmatch that UAB team.  

OU -over 68 Lincoln Riley is going to shoot his load against Kansas and might cover that number by themselves.  OU's defense can't even derail an Amtrak train

The only straight bet that jumped at me was 

Tech -5 watching them the past 3 weeks, they are going to score at will.  Purple wizard is done for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

had a really good weekend last week.  This week is going to be light.

3 team parlay

Clemson -28 they're an unstoppable machine

Aggy -16 vs UAB they are just going to outmatch that UAB team.  

OU -over 68 Lincoln Riley is going to shoot his load against Kansas and might cover that number by themselves.  OU's defense can't even derail an Amtrak train

The only straight bet that jumped at me was 

Tech -5 watching them the past 3 weeks, they are going to score at will.  Purple wizard is done for.

these look great 

tailed several ideas posted already, only added a few of my own- basically jumped on the dog on any lines bigger than 28 that I could bet (no lines avail on the SEC vs FBS games)

rice +42   2u

baylor -2   1u

umas +43 1u

kansas +36 .5u

Oregon St +33.5   .5u

Liberty +29   1u

Piggy +21   .5u

Ariz St  ML   .5u

ECU -16.5   1u   ( they are against uconn)

Wisconsin ML   .5u

You shouldn't have an issue. Sometimes it is written from a foreign bank. And they can put a hold on it before they release the funds. I've deposited 100+ checks from online sports books/poker sites, and I think that has happened twice. If they ever ask you what its for just tell them you do contract work for a international company. 

edit:  I always go in a branch to deposit it, fyi. And the teller almost always has to call over a 'manager' to approve something on their screen. Not sure exactly that it may be besides its just a foreign bank. 

Edited by CBT

1 hour ago, CBT said:

You shouldn't have an issue. Sometimes it is written from a foreign bank. And they can put a hold on it before they release the funds. I've deposited 100+ checks from online sports books/poker sites, and I think that has happened twice. If they ever ask you what its for just tell them you do contract work for a international company. 

edit:  I always go in a branch to deposit it, fyi. And the teller almost always has to call over a 'manager' to approve something on their screen. Not sure exactly that it may be besides its just a foreign bank. 

damn, post more dude. I get cash on the free Monday withdrawal from 5dimes. 

i've only done cash and get from CVS. Needless to say it's modest amounts. They give a code which is presented to the clerk and the money is then released.  For a big player like you, CVS or such probably won't have over $500 on hand, so you might have to explore other disbursement venues.

My takes so far this weekend (playing with last weekends house money):

Boise State -20 (-115)(317) Boise State Broncos @ (318) New Mexico Lobos        1U

SMU +7.5 (-110)(315) Memphis Tigers @ (316) Southern Methodist Mustangs    1U

Washington State -10.5 (-105)(377) Arizona Wildcats @ (378) Washington ST Cougars   1U

Texas -3 (+105)(417) Iowa ST Cyclones @ (418) Texas Longhorns   1U

Oklahoma State (#24) +5 (-110)(389) West Virginia Mountaineers @ (390) Oklahoma State Cowboys   1U

Syracuse (+290)(367) Syracuse Orange @ (368) Notre Dame Fighting Irish           .5U

Syracuse +10 (-110)(367) Syracuse Orange @ (368) Notre Dame Fighting Irish     1U

Cincinnati (+240)(353) Cincinnati University @ (354) Central Florida          .5U

Cincinnati +7 (-105)(353) Cincinnati University @ (354) Central Florida      1U

48 minutes ago, SDG said:

Syracuse +10 (-110)(367) Syracuse Orange @ (368) Notre Dame Fighting Irish     1U

Cincinnati +7 (-105)(353) Cincinnati University @ (354) Central Florida      1U

Like both of these, especially if you can get the hook on them.

Syracuse is top 20 in the country in defensive efficiency. ND's record is inflated because of the competition and winning some close games. Cuse should be able to put up some points. Cuse is also a great dog ATS.

Cincy's defense is playing really well. Cincy runs the ball really well and looks to be peaking. UCF has a had a lot of close games. Looking at common opponents, Cincy is much better. (Yea, I know that's not a great metric.) UCF may feel pressure with gameday in town.

Edited by CBT

it is interesting that Arkansas has played 5 straight home games. and the game before that was neutral site vs aggy. now they have Miss. St. on the road. that might be the one thing keeping me from loving them this week. but then again sometimes when you are struggling it is nice to get away from your home crowd.

I really like UAB +17 against aggy. aggy isn't that great against marginal teams that have good defenses.

On Syracuse +10. It's probably just because I think ND is a fraud and I want them to lose, but we will see. 

Also, and I know it goes against every trend, but taking the under 65 in Utah State/Colorado State as a weather play only. It is cold and snowing and supposed to continue to snow throughout the game. Plus Colorado State blows.

32 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Bama only up 7-0 near the end of Q1. Saban probably sees a military academy and takes it easy on them. 

Yep overreaction from Vegas on the 1h line. I went to jump on citadel 1h but didn't realize the game was so early. Missed it.

I'm assuming bama is playing everyone that hasn't seen the field since high school. 

1 minute ago, pops said:

My book has bama -27.5 2h. Thoughts?  I haven't watched a single snap

There aren't many possessions in these games (triple options).  Alabama is gonna come out and score, but unless Cit has a bunch of turnovers that might be a big ask.