Austin City Government - Circus of the Insane

skittlebrau

On 12/21/2020 at 5:19 PM, Lobo said:

Oh, I don't kid about this shit.  I've only come here to do two things.  Build roads and drink beer.  And it looks like we're all outta roads!

There are options man.  Trust me.  There's still all sorts of roads heading to other places that aren't shitholes ---

moving-loaded-up-car-241x300.jpg

Edited by Cajun

10 hours ago, Goodman said:

Good, closing bars/restaurants at a certain time is retarded. Can't wait to see what other great ideas the city comes up with, oh wait.

You do understand that NYE is a holiday where people traditionally gather together in large groups in bars and restaurants at a certain time of night, right (Hint: that time is after 10:30 PM)? And you also understand that large groups in restaurants and bars is a bad idea in the midst of a global pandemic, especially when local case numbers are rising, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

You do understand that NYE is a holiday where people traditionally gather together in large groups in bars and restaurants at a certain time of night, right (Hint: that time is after 10:30 PM)? And you also understand that large groups in restaurants and bars is a bad idea in the midst of a global pandemic, especially when local case numbers are rising, right?

How stupid do you have to be to not understand this?

Y'all are so very predictable. This is America, allow the citizens to make their own decisions. If you decide the risk is worth it, that should be and is your decision. The silly civil mandates are not going to solve anything. Just like remote learning will not solve anything. This is not a republican/democrat issue as I am neither. Tell me how you trust the science that is selling us 4 total FLU cases in our state two weeks ago, laughably crooked crooks and you blindly follow.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

Y'all are so very predictable. This is America, allow the citizens to make their own decisions. If you decide the risk is worth it, that should be and is your decision. The silly civil mandates are not going to solve anything. Just like remote learning will not solve anything. This is not a republican/democrat issue as I am neither. Tell me how you trust the science that is selling us 4 total FLU cases in our state two weeks ago, laughably crooked crooks and you blindly follow.

Damn right. If you’re not free to recklessly kill others, you might as well live in Mao’s China.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goodman said:

Ha, ha, I get it. Your doing a satirical take on all the "Muh freedoms!" guys. That's really funny. But a quick piece of advice: next time you should add in something about kids being sold into sex slavery in a pizza restaurant basement just so everyone knows it's satire. Sometimes it's hard to tell these days. The first time I read your post I was afraid you were actually serious.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Yeah, it doesn't and as soon as i get to my pc after my morning nap, he will probably be taking a 2 day break

Yeah, get him. Everything in this thread is right on topic.....Adler is the bestest evar....I'm now cool like y'all.

In the alternative, they gather in large groups at homes around town because people are stupid.

At least the restaurants and bars have mask requirements and typically enforce distancing. Though some don’t, because again, people are stupid.

You could tell by his eyes, his bobbing back and forth, and his incorrectly worn face mask, that he was also fucked up and on the P.I. ticket capital of Texas...Dirty Sixth. 

Regardless of the curfew/dining issue, Adler and Escott did recently move Austin to stage 5, (quoting from the press release here) "calling for the community to comply with the tightest pandemic restrictions so far this year."

This includes saying that "People should avoid non-essential travel, gatherings or other events outside a household."

Looks like Cabo Steve is once again not listening to his own advice/suggestions/non-mandates.  

It also looks like no one really gives a shit anymore, including the Mayor.  

• Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Except it wasn't a curfew. It was a closure of inside dining after 10 PM but don't let me annoy you with facts.

I wasn’t trying to offend you Steve. It’s not my video I just thought I’d share. You do look pretty wasted though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

Except it wasn't a curfew. It was a closure of inside dining after 10 PM but don't let me annoy you with facts.

Are you actually going to try and defend this? Less than a month after the Cabo incident? Jesus Fucksticks.

However unsurprising as it may be.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler issued the following statement: 

"We are trying to save as many lives as we can, guided by the doctors and the data. We’re encouraged the District Court agreed that cities have the authority to react to local conditions and protect their residents when the state won’t. This is not a drill - Austin is experiencing uncontrolled spread of the virus.

Whether this court’s ruling stands or not, the bigger concept is that each of us has the power to protect our neighbors and save lives by the choices we make as individuals.  Celebrate at home, order out and tip generously. There’s no better way to bring in the new year than in solidarity with our neighbors."

Edited by Orange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

Camara guy did a public service by posting his video, but I still disagree with engaging Adler & his family.

Yeah, tone deaf the “role model” mayor is, and some people complain about those who have the audacity to shout “muh rights”. What’s next on his list of gaffes?

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Camara guy did a public service by posting his video, but I still disagree with engaging Adler & his family. Someone could berate him for his hypocrisy at the next city council meeting.

Yeah, tone deaf the “role model” mayor is, and some people complain about those who have the audacity to shout “muh rights”. Plus he had a cop for protection? What’s next on his list of gaffes? 

10 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lol. Poor Steve is getting upset. Probably has a tiny Dick 

Get your own joke insult. You sound like a 3rd rate stooge just repeating what he hears back at whoever said it.

Edited by Pasken

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

You mad?

You sound like a buckle bitch always excusing the hypocrisy of our corrupt and worthless city council. Wipe your chin. 

Haha, what the fuck is a buckle bitch? Good lord. Nevermind, don't try to come up with insults yourself. That was a disaster.

Edited by Pasken

52 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Because the only people who think it's a story have tiny fucking dicks.

Just like when he went to Cabo, right? And then had to make a public apology and beg for forgiveness? Only to turn around less than a month later and do the exact same fucking thing. 

The fact that you attempt top defend this shows your exact true colors that you are blindly following these fucks no matter what they do.

You are as much of a hypocrite asshole as Adler.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Just like when he went to Cabo, right? And then had to make a public apology and beg for forgiveness? Only to turn around less than a month later and do the exact same fucking thing. 

The fact that you attempt top defend this shows your exact true colors that you are blindly following these fucks no matter what they do.

You are as much of a hypocrite asshole as Adler.

Shut the fuck up dude. When I came to this site I tried being unemotional and just sharing my opinion and information but posters like you just make that impossible. Anyone who disagrees with you is a shill, works for the government etc. Maybe your opinions aren't ordained from God and there is room for disagreement. Cabo was a story because it was a huge fuck up. Adler walking around outside on New Years Eve isn't. It would be if he was inside a restaurant after 10 PM violating his own order but that doesn't seem to be the case. That's why this is a non-story despite how much you want it to be one. 

Edited by Pasken

5 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Shut the fuck up dude. When I came to this site I tried being unemotional and just sharing my opinion and information but posters like you just make that impossible. Anyone who disagrees with you is a shill, works for the government etc. Maybe your opinions aren't ordained from God and there is room for disagreement. Cabo was a story because it was a huge fuck up. Adler walking around outside on New Years Eve isn't. It would be if he was inside a restaurant after 10 PM violating his own order but that doesn't seem to be the case. That's why this is a non-story despite how much you want it to be one. 

He also espoused staying inside with direct family to celebrate. 
On heels of Cabo he should strive to be an even better example but he cannot help himself. 
The fact that you are carrying water for him on this and cannot see how optics aren’t good is funny. 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Eat dick fuckface.

From his own fucking release, he told everyone to stay home then went and did the exact fucking opposite after getting caught less than a month ago for being a hypocrite. It is literally the EXACT same fuckup as the last time where he told people to do something and did the exact opposite.

Is Adler your fucking sidepiece or something? Jesus.

Edited by Orange&White
  • Hook 'Em 6

Let's summarize and get this thread back on track---there'll be plenty of shit to laugh at with regard to city government in 2021, believe me.  

Pasken is sometimes too defensive about Adler and certain council members.  I get defensive myself about certain council members I like working with, though most are clinical morons.  I don't like Adler for a lot of reasons, one of which is his Chief of Staff/Mobility Bond PAC director threatened me several times, and I don't jive with that.  But the NYE street thing is a non-starter, I don't even think the Cabo thing was that big of a deal...except who lent him the hours/fuel on the plane.  My major problems with Adler are he is a morally bankrupt fraudster who should be in jail for what he's done instead of being the darling of Austin.  But that shit probably won't ever come to light until some reporter notices how we spend our real estate allocations in Austin, and who is behind the underwriting/acquisition/title/closings/repurposing expenditures.  But then again, even Pasken would acknowledge that sometimes it's not the big, dark crimes that bring you down, it's the little thing...the token infraction that people can relate to that can be your undoing.  In the end, all Adler is gonna do is spend his last two years lining up lucrative real estate opportunities for he and his friends when he leaves office.  

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

How has this new Adler fiasco not hit the major Austin news outlets yet?

Because he's not getting elected again, because he's already proven himself to be a greedy dumbass. 

If you told the people of Austin "hey, some mayor of a Texas city did something really fucking stupid", most of us would assume it was Adler.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Let's summarize and get this thread back on track---there'll be plenty of shit to laugh at with regard to city government in 2021, believe me.  

Pasken is sometimes too defensive about Adler and certain council members.  I get defensive myself about certain council members I like working with, though most are clinical morons.  I don't like Adler for a lot of reasons, one of which is his Chief of Staff/Mobility Bond PAC director threatened me several times, and I don't jive with that.  But the NYE street thing is a non-starter, I don't even think the Cabo thing was that big of a deal...except who lent him the hours/fuel on the plane.  My major problems with Adler are he is a morally bankrupt fraudster who should be in jail for what he's done instead of being the darling of Austin.  But that shit probably won't ever come to light until some reporter notices how we spend our real estate allocations in Austin, and who is behind the underwriting/acquisition/title/closings/repurposing expenditures.  But then again, even Pasken would acknowledge that sometimes it's not the big, dark crimes that bring you down, it's the little thing...the token infraction that people can relate to that can be your undoing.  In the end, all Adler is gonna do is spend his last two years lining up lucrative real estate opportunities for he and his friends when he leaves office.  

I didn't like Adler at all until I watched him get a much needed 700 million transportation bond passed in 2016 in record time for the city from concept to on the ballot and fight old Austin interests trying to downsize it.  He is also the reason why Prop A was passed and the reason why we have Austin FC and how we were 1 reading away from passing land use code. He also canceled SXSW early in the pandemic which took balls. These are all very big picture things that I think are great for the city which is why I have a lot of leeway for the optic shit because I recognize that he is able to do the hard stuff.  I never defended Cabo other than saying I think people made a bigger deal out of it than I did but It was a huge fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, I'll debate you on what an early financial debacle the 2016 Mobility Bond has been (it's delivering on construction, but not on promised financials---criminally far actually).  You and I discussed Prop A as well, plan great...financial execution and the logistics of it are insane---I don't see how you dig up the CBD while digging up IH-35.  But that's another story.  The land use code, you're right there.  That's when council breaks up into these two factions that don't make much sense on the surface and that's where his leadership was needed and where he stepped up.  Cancelling SXSW was bold on his move and it was the right thing to do, especially in hindsight where local politics often live.  Don't get me wrong, did not say you defended him on Cabo...that was me telling other posters that even that wasn't the big deal it was made out to be (again, except for the plane ride).  

He hits the notes he's supposed to hit---he "brings people together", he's a voice of calm in trying times (does he even have another tone?), he represents us okay at larger events.  My issue with him is, and always will be, a completely fraudulent bad actor when it comes to money.  Even by large city Mayor standards.  And his minions pissed me off more than once.  But then, I'm salty and easy to piss off.  And he's a bit of a dick in real life.  

Fun fact---go back and watch that Sixth Street video.  Listen to what the APD officer says about what he's doing at that corner and see what Adler does.  It's just curious.