Austin City Government - Circus of the Insane

skittlebrau

40 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Let's summarize and get this thread back on track---there'll be plenty of shit to laugh at with regard to city government in 2021, believe me.  

Pasken is sometimes too defensive about Adler and certain council members.  I get defensive myself about certain council members I like working with, though most are clinical morons.  I don't like Adler for a lot of reasons, one of which is his Chief of Staff/Mobility Bond PAC director threatened me several times, and I don't jive with that.  But the NYE street thing is a non-starter, I don't even think the Cabo thing was that big of a deal...except who lent him the hours/fuel on the plane.  My major problems with Adler are he is a morally bankrupt fraudster who should be in jail for what he's done instead of being the darling of Austin.  But that shit probably won't ever come to light until some reporter notices how we spend our real estate allocations in Austin, and who is behind the underwriting/acquisition/title/closings/repurposing expenditures.  But then again, even Pasken would acknowledge that sometimes it's not the big, dark crimes that bring you down, it's the little thing...the token infraction that people can relate to that can be your undoing.  In the end, all Adler is gonna do is spend his last two years lining up lucrative real estate opportunities for he and his friends when he leaves office.  

And that, dear readers, is how Austin political leaders have been functioning since I got here 61 years ago. 
Sweetheart real estate deals have been a hallmark of the LBJ/West Austin crowd since the days of Tom Miller.... and nothing has changed except some names (and the money grifting is much, much larger).

As I’ve posted before, Austin media learned to tread lightly with the powers that be after the 1960s Decker Lake Power Plant land scandal expos’e.
Bet nobody even remembers the Travis Raven child sex trafficking scandal coverup - Austin’s local version of Jeffrey Epstein (only nobody hung themselves).  🤪

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

she's on the council so included in the morons.  

She will stick out ahead of the crowd.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yeah Adler will love that.  Adler's grift is in the many millions.  Fitlump is small time.

She's just getting started.  Shit, she's not even in office, and people are wondering about her Florida business. 

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She's just getting started.  Shit, she's not even in office, and people are wondering about her Florida business.

Dibs on "Her Florida Business" for my alt.indie band name and/or production company name for questionable erotica and/or unshaved swamp

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

she's small time.  adler is way worse.  yes, "her florida bidness" would be a great band name.