The Attorney General Thread

Patrick Bateman

40 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Trump directly orchestrated a felony to help win the election but is immune from consequences as long as he stays president.

That is strong incentive to continue to commit more crimes to stay president.

The Rubicon, it has been crossed.

Anyone care to take odds on whether there is a last minute "pardon myself for being myself"?  It's gonna happen.  One last spanner in the works of democracy when the time comes.

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 12:19 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

LOL.  Didn't see it, but Barr doesn't seem like a screamer.  He's more of a hemmer and hawwer.  Again, typical DC lawyer, furrowed brow, big laugh, a lot of words.... pick pocketing you and slitting your throat.  

You are a smart smart person. I think he has been taking notes ever since the Reagan years.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

You are a smart smart person. I think he has been taking notes ever since the Reagan years.

He's the most competent person in the Trump administration by several orders of magnitude.  Ratfucking is a competency.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can one of the committees figure out a way to impeach Barr? I get the impression he has no difficulty lying under oath. But he has so many little dots all over the place in Russia and the WH and going back to Iran/Contra that it's like trying to pick up a glitter bomb that fell on a shag carpet in the living room.

Siegelman has a twitter thread that is mostly about Alfa Eco, Fridman, et al. The divorce drama is superfluous but does highlight the mob angle. Anyway, Barr didn't recuse himself from the Mueller investigation, despite his firm being employed by Alfa Bank and despite the connection to President Trump  with the President of the bank so now can the team go after Barr? There was not an indication if any of the committees were going to request documents from the bank, and like Deutsche Bank, I would expect any and all of it to be shredded/"lost" but if there is any man who probably knows where all the bodies and treasure are buried, it is Barr.

Here is more related to Barr from Marcy Wheeler. From the first tweet, if you follow the thread to the end, it does illustrate how well Barr has been able to stay out of the limelight and maneuver behind the scenes. Being cozy with Fox News is another alarm bell.

Sorry if I duplicated some of the tweets, I'm still getting the hang of how some things work on here.

• Like 1

This one in that thread is interesting.  I think it more likely that Trump was referring to the widely seen video tape of Biden discussing his actions wrt Ukraine aid and the prosecutor, but wouldn't rule out Trump using the intelligence apparatus for political purposes. 

• 2 weeks later...

This got some play on the Trump thread, but I am curious if anyone else believes he is distancing himself not only to cover his own *ss, but also to 'appear impartial in about two weeks time when he releases the results of his global tour/investigation?

If he has been manufacturing evidence, that  requires some time, plus one has to put some spin on it to make it appear legit? Or, has he decided the best way to remove himself from the situation somewhat intact is to pursue the conspiracy theories/Steele dossier and see how it truly plays out (in the meantime) so that either way he's covered?

He is unashamedly 'anti-secular' or whatever he called it, so is this one way to strengthen the GOP forces towards a Christian mandated nation?

Am I overthinking this?

50 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This got some play on the Trump thread, but I am curious if anyone else believes he is distancing himself not only to cover his own *ss, but also to 'appear impartial in about two weeks time when he releases the results of his global tour/investigation?

If he has been manufacturing evidence, that  requires some time, plus one has to put some spin on it to make it appear legit? Or, has he decided the best way to remove himself from the situation somewhat intact is to pursue the conspiracy theories/Steele dossier and see how it truly plays out (in the meantime) so that either way he's covered?

He is unashamedly 'anti-secular' or whatever he called it, so is this one way to strengthen the GOP forces towards a Christian mandated nation?

Am I overthinking this?

If you’re going to say ass, fucking type ass. This isn’t texaggy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 2:07 PM, triplehorn said:

Trump directly orchestrated a felony to help win the election but is immune from consequences as long as he stays president.

That is strong incentive to continue to commit more crimes to stay president.

Seems to have been accurate, what with the Ukraine revelations.

While paying attention to the Judiciary Committee yesterday, I got to thinking about AG Barr. Back in July, he pushed for the Feds to resume the death penalty. After appeal, that was blocked this November but Barr has vowed to take it to the Supreme Court. The man has a sadistic hard line mean streak down his fat back.

But then the thought occurred to me that the GOP rewriting the House rules back in 2015 only to have them used in 2019 in the House Inquiry may create a dilemma that Barr has not considered. If he is successful in his quest, beautiful inventive karma could see Barr and his partners in treason awaiting the very fate which he desired for others. At least, if they were ever to be tried anyway.

Alas, it will never happen. The powerful do not punish each other in that way, but it was something to chew on while watching Jordan scream at everybody.

Considering what a charlatan this guy is, this could get embarrassing for him.  Not Bill Barr embarrassing, but not fun.

"The Court is unpersuaded by DOJ’s 'deliberative process' arguments," wrote McFadden, an appointee of President Donald Trump. “Whitaker’s draft forms do not bear the mark of the deliberative process.”

McFadden noted that BuzzFeed was not seeking emails detailing the back-and-forth between Whitaker and his colleagues about the filings but simply the forms themselves.

While the judge rejected DOJ’s bid for a categorical rule allowing secrecy for draft financial disclosures, he said he will allow the department to delete on privacy grounds any information that did not make it into the final reports because Justice officials decided Whitaker was not required to disclose it.

But any omissions by Whitaker will be evident from the drafts and any inaccurate or incomplete details that were later changed will be left in the new versions to be made public, McFadden ruled.

Y'all remember how it was utterly disqualifying, and was ROCK-SOLID PROOF OF CORRUPTION, when the AG had a single conversation on an airport tarmac with the spouse of someone under Congressional investigation?  Y'all remember how that standard was cited and applied by the GOP and all of its supporters?  Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Meanwhile, we have an AG who is regularly collaborating with and conversing with people under Congressional investigation, as well as a stack of material witnesses in that investigation, and actually submitting "counter-statements" in rebuttal of ongoing investigations, and according to the GOP and its mind-slaves...

yeah-thats-cool-5b1633.jpg 

Fuck Barr in his fat ass.  Fuck anyone who supports or excuses him.  Fuck em all, straight to fucking hell.

• Like 4

On 12/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, Brisketexan said:

Y'all remember how it was utterly disqualifying, and was ROCK-SOLID PROOF OF CORRUPTION, when the AG had a single conversation on an airport tarmac with the spouse of someone under Congressional investigation?  Y'all remember how that standard was cited and applied by the GOP and all of its supporters?  Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Meanwhile, we have an AG who is regularly collaborating with and conversing with people under Congressional investigation, as well as a stack of material witnesses in that investigation, and actually submitting "counter-statements" in rebuttal of ongoing investigations, and according to the GOP and its mind-slaves...

yeah-thats-cool-5b1633.jpg 

Fuck Barr in his fat ass.  Fuck anyone who supports or excuses him.  Fuck em all, straight to fucking hell.

Eff him with a "gold flecked fishstick"

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Red meat for the Qanon tards probably 

It'll just give them something to spin and distract from the impeachment. How about the timing of this? And Barr once again intervening to help spin what was supposed to be a non-partisan review. Just remember this shit. 

6 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Here we have the AG undermining his own DOJ to make the president happy.  Remember when something like this would have been a first page scandal.  Now it’s just a footnote to the story.

And throwing the FBI under the bus.

9 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Didn't think I could hate an AG more than Ashcroft and then Gonzales. 

But Barr doesn't feel he even has to hide his bias and corruption, apparently. Unprecedented but sadly, right in line with the M.O. he's always shown.  

Barr was only hired with one reason in mind:  To protect Trump.