So, the Michael Avenatti run for POTUS is over

Gil Bang

Michael Avenatti, who became famous for representing Stormy Daniels in her battle with President Trump, has been arrested for felony domestic violence ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Our law enforcement sources say Avenatti was arrested Wednesday after his estranged wife filed a felony DV report. We're told her face was "swollen and bruised."

Our sources say the alleged incident occurred Tuesday, but there was a confrontation Wednesday between the two at an exclusive apartment building in the Century City area of L.A. 

We're told during Wednesday's confrontation the woman ran out of the apartment building and was on the sidewalk on her cellphone with sunglasses covering her eyes, screaming on the phone, "I can't believe you did this to me." 

We're told security brought her inside the building and Michael showed up 5 minutes later, ran into the building, chasing after her. He screamed repeatedly, "She hit me first." We're told he angrily added, "This is bulls***, this is f***ing bulls***."

A law enforcement source says on Tuesday, Avenatti "kicked her out of the apartment" and that's presumably when the alleged domestic violence occurred. We're told she went back to the apartment on Wednesday to retrieve her belongings and called police to stand by in case things got heated. 

They've been married since 2011. He filed for divorce in 2017.

We're told Avenatti is currently in custody.

Edited by Gil Bang

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz. Dude is a 5 star choad. The fact that people were ever discussing him as a possibility shows how far our political arena has deteriorated.

I took the possibility of him running for President as seriously as I took Donald Trump when he rode down that escalator, and well, look how that turned out...

• Like 2

Fuck that attention whore.

But it’s going to be very fun watching the crowd of a certain type of guys who usually holler about “innocent until proven guilty because women lie about this stuff all the time”. The type of men who always look for ways to discredit female accusers no matter the evidence. Watching them do an about face and automatically believe everything Avenatti gets accused of because he’s Trump’s nemesis will be like watching hogs play Twister.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

But it’s going to be very fun watching the crowd of a certain type of guys who usually holler about “innocent until proven guilty because women lie about this stuff all the time”. The type of men who always look for ways to discredit female accusers no matter the evidence. Watching them do an about face and automatically believe everything Avenatti gets accused of because he’s Trump’s nemesis will be like watching hogs play Twister.

I wont argue your main point but if he really said "she hit me first" and he is in custody then I think we can make some assumptions and that this deal is not at all like the cases people were arguing about before.

26 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

For real. The mental gymnastics will be entertaining, if not predictable. 

I knew Avenatti was a sleazeball but I never thought he was THIS stupid.  

It’s not stupidity - it’s arrogance and entitlement and privilege.

Powerful/rich/famous people - especially powerful men - NEVER think they’ll get caught.

And if they do get caught, they expect they’ll be able to buy or talk their way out of it.

It happens all the time and not just with politicians. Actors. Hollywood executives. Athletes. Football coaches. Journalists. Talk show hosts. CEOs. Tech billionaires.

That’s a lot of what the Me Too movement focuses on. Power and fame and money and privilege breeds arrogance and arrogance causes people already inclined to be shitheads to feel free to be shitheads without fear of consequences.

Because they usually don’t have any. Their victims usually don’t even speak up because they don’t have the resources to go against the power. And when they do they get crushed by the power machine and end up ruined or take a pay off just to make it stop.

I bet we find out this isn’t the first time Avenatti has done something like this. He’s just bought or bullied his way out of it previously.

I wont argue your main point but if he really said "she hit me first" and he is in custody then I think we can make some assumptions and that this deal is not at all like the cases people were arguing about before.

You’re already doing exactly what I predicted.

Right hand red. Left foot blue. Contort away!

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s not stupidity - it’s arrogance and entitlement and privilege.

Powerful/rich/famous people - especially powerful men - NEVER think they’ll get caught.

And if they do get caught, they expect they’ll be able to buy or talk their way out of it.

It happens all the time and not just with politicians. Actors. Hollywood executives. Athletes. Football coaches. Journalists. Talk show hosts. CEOs. Tech billionaires.

That’s a lot of what the Me Too movement focuses on. Power and fame and money and privilege breeds arrogance and arrogance causes people already inclined to be shitheads to feel free to be shitheads without fear of consequences.

Because they usually don’t have any. Their victims usually don’t even speak up because they don’t have the resources to go against the power. And when they do they get crushed by the power machine and end up ruined or take a pay off just to make it stop.

I bet we find out this isn’t the first time Avenatti has done something like this. He’s just bought or bullied his way out of it previously.

Yeah, we know the drill but can we hear from Avenatti’s victim first?  She deserves this me too moment, if true. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Lulz. Dude is a 5 star choad. The fact that people were ever discussing him as a possibility shows how far our political arena has deteriorated.

Sort of agree.  I think it shows how desperately some on the left long for someone to go to war with Trump.  It shows some on the left have arrived at the point where most on the right found themselves at when they cast their ballot for Trump.