So, the Michael Avenatti run for POTUS is over

Gil Bang

Yeah once he started trying to co-opt the campaigns of people like Beto and raise money for himself off them, he lost me.

And the way he inserted himself in the Kavanaugh thing was gross and I think made the whole thing a circus and ruined any Dr. Ford had of being taken seriously by some people.

He should have stayed in his lane as a bulldog lawyer for the women forced into silence by Trump.

He’s an attention whore grifter whether he’s an abuser or not.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah once he started trying to co-opt the campaigns of people like Beto and raise money for himself off them, he lost me.

And the way he inserted himself in the Kavanaugh thing was gross and I think made the whole thing a circus and ruined any Dr. Ford had of being taken seriously by some people.

He should have stayed in his lane as a bulldog lawyer for the women forced into silence by Trump.

You don’t have to love the guy to appreciate that he brought this corrupt administration to its knees. Michael Cohen can testify to that.  Sometimes it takes a sleazebag to catch a sleazebag.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

I don't know what to think now.

Avenatti is a headline seeker, but he is representing his clients against the most powerful asshole in the world.

I hope there was no abuse. I can't say that this sentiment is shared by all. The Ford doubters seem kind of gleeful.

2 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I hope whatever the right thing is occurs with Avenatti, be it prison or complete exoneration.  Equally earnest is my hope that he shuts the fuck up.

Yep.

If he did beat a woman, I hope he gets locked up.

If it's a frame job, I hope they get locked up.

Either way, I'd like it if he stopped being on my television.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I love you; as much as I can love a woman from Alabama.

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I mean, there’s no way this is some Jacob Wohl/Project Veritas plan gone right.  LAPD is well known for only the finest ministers of justice and could never be hoodwinked by some stupid plot. 

Please tell me this is just tongue and cheek and we aren't going to have a 200+ page threads filled with this conspiracy theory.

Maybe some of you are watching too much tv. I haven't seen Avenatti on tv since the Kavanaugh confirmation fiasco and not much even then. He was everywhere in the weeks when the Stormy Daniels story was in the news. I never took him seriously as a presidential candidate and technically speaking he never launched a campaign. His run for president can't be over because it never started. 

I do believe it's the case that if he was a Republican then this wouldn't hurt him whether the allegations are true or not. 

Worth noting that his estranged wife has put out a statement via her lawyer:

This is smelling like bullshit based on that statement. If she was abused I don't think she'd go through this effort and provide verifiable statements like she how she wasn't at Avenatti's apt on the date of the alleged assault. I foresee a big fat defamation lawsuit against Surefire and Wohl.

EDIT: and I'm saying that Surefire had something to do with it because they're gloating about it lol

Edited by Captainant

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Worth noting that his estranged wife has put out a statement via her lawyer:

This is smelling like bullshit based on that statement. If she was abused I don't think she'd go through this effort and provide verifiable statements like she how she wasn't at Avenatti's apt on the date of the alleged assault. I foresee a big fat defamation lawsuit against Surefire and Wohl.

EDIT: and I'm saying that Surefire had something to do with it because they're gloating about it lol

so wait. 

they are implicating themselves in setting him up by bragging about it on twitter?

what the actual fuck?

I don’t care how you feel about Avenatti, if he got locked up for political purposes because he’s an enemy of the president, it should send a chill down everyone’s spine. (I am not saying Trump ordered this arrest but we know he doesn’t have to.) 

And yes, I’m going to assume this is somewhat the case until we hear from the lady he supposedly abused. 

Faceless no name victims do not get the benefit of the doubt, neither does the LAPD.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

19 hours ago, retread said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kavanaugh's wife sleeps behind a locked door when he gets angry.

Oh shit, we're just going to throw accusations? 

I bet your wife locks her door while you rage. Man look how productive and clever I am. 

Get a grip, we'll wait for police testimony, doesn't mean it isn't a little funny that shit is happening to him. Once we find out, we'll either forget about the accusation or if it's true we'll forget about him.

Edited by workswithseed
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Well, if you have a pic of retread, or a youtube of him going batshit crazy under oath, feel free.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbVPwKi2hBjIWlRj2holU

Prep school gang raping binge drinker with a snotty sense of white privilege, a creepy childish demeanor and a decidely unprofessional temperament.

He's totally unfuckable by anything other than a Stepford wife half blitzed on mother's little helpers.

Also, his name is Brett.

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

No we have it where he chased the girl and screamed "she hit me first! Also we were told to believe all women. I don't know who to believe. Haha

So what if kavanah got pissy for being accuased for rape.

Well in this case, the woman who was allegedly beaten is saying it didn't happen. So will you believe the woman, or will you believe the right-wing pseudo-intelligence agency that apparently fraudulently reported this?

Apples and oranges, kiddo.

Edited by Captainant

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Well in this case, the woman who was allegedly beaten is saying it didn't happen. So will you believe the woman, or will you believe the right-wing pseudo-intelligence agency that apparently fraudulently reported this?

Apples and oranges, kiddo.

If she is say it didn't happen then that's what we have to believe. This aint hard. She's the supposed victim, and he's innocent till proven guilty, so it only makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, workswithseed said:

If she is say it didn't happen then that's what we have to believe. This aint hard. She's the supposed victim, and he's innocent till proven guilty, so it only makes sense. 

this is about a quarter of a page up. Try reading the thread before you swoop in with your uninformed hot takes.

And again, the specific difference between this and kavanaugh is that kavanaugh was credibly accused by a woman who recounted it under oath and in person. From what we know so far, the avenatti boondoggle is an attempted smear campaign by a known-liar political operative that was reported remotely and anonymously by phone call.

Avenatti deserves the benefit of the doubt with regard to these allegations.  Innocent until proven guilt doesn't have an asterisk next to it in my book.

Political hits are happening all over the place and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them. 

I just don't see why anyone would bother doing a political hitjob on him after his Kavanaugh accuser thing fell apart so badly.  He's already blown up his reputation all by himself.

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is what they are saying on the Qanon pages. 

Why do you read Qanon? 

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

this is about a quarter of a page up. Try reading the thread before you swoop in with your uninformed hot takes.

And again, the specific difference between this and kavanaugh is that kavanaugh was credibly accused by a woman who recounted it under oath and in person. From what we know so far, the avenatti boondoggle is an attempted smear campaign by a known-liar political operative that was reported remotely and anonymously by phone call.

Credibly accused by a woman who couldn't get her time right. In the end both Kavenagh and Avenatti are both innocent till proven otherwise. Nothing changes that fact until more info comes out.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1