So, the Michael Avenatti run for POTUS is over

Gil Bang

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t care how you feel about Avenatti, if he got locked up for political purposes because he’s an enemy of the president, it should send a chill down everyone’s spine. (I am not saying Trump ordered this arrest but we know he doesn’t have to.) 

And yes, I’m going to assume this is somewhat the case until we hear from the lady he supposedly abused. 

Faceless no name victims do not get the benefit of the doubt, neither does the LAPD.

Would you say you're taking a stand against false and trumped up allegations? This amuses me: trumped up allegations are your entire raison d'etre.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

I don't get the down votes for my comment.  His trying to push Sweatnik's accusations ended up blowing up in the Democrats face and might have got Kavanaugh confirmed.  I would absolutely guarantee there are insiders in the Democratic party machine that would like him to go away.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Such a weird story.  

If the fucker did it, send him to jail, but man, it smells weird.  I suspect that the truth will come out sooner rather than later.  If it's a scam, the LAPD will make an arrest or two very soon. 

And have there been charges filed by the DA?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Such a weird story.  

If the fucker did it, send him to jail, but man, it smells weird.  I suspect that the truth will come out sooner rather than later.  If it's a scam, the LAPD will make an arrest or two very soon. 

And have there been charges filed by the DA?

i want him to be a fugitive from justice. 

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He was arrested according to the LAPD.  What's up for debate is who accused him of domestic violence.  His actual ex-wife or an imposter who would be guilty of filing a false police report.

Yes, we all know he was arrested.  I'm asking if charges were filed with the courts.  The police don't file charges. The DA does that. 

(IIRC the D.A. files in L.A. County if it's a felony, and the City Attorney handles Misdemeanors).  

Just now, Gil Bang said:

Yes, we all know he was arrested.  I'm asking if charges were filed with the courts.  The police don't file charges. The DA does that. 

(IIRC the D.A. files in L.A. County if it's a felony, and the City Attorney handles Misdemeanors).  

Didn't he tweet that he had NOT been arrested?

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

The DA's are in charge of all criminal filings in Los Angeles County. However, there are 38 (I think) cities in LA County and many of them handle the filings of misdemeanors through their own City Attorneys.  Some of the smaller cities do not and the DA's still handle those misdemeanors.

He says "Once again ... I have not been charged with anything".  

Doesn't that mean he has not been arrested?

So my point here is that a) you've got LAPD saying he has been arrested  b) him saying he has not been arrested and c) that should be easily verifiable, no?  He would have been photographed etc....  just like anybody who gets arrested.  I am saying that he either did get arrested or he did not. If he did, then he's lying. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

The DA's are in charge of all criminal filings in Los Angeles County. However, there are 38 (I think) cities in LA County and many of them handle the filings of misdemeanors through their own City Attorneys.  Some of the smaller cities do not and the DA's still handle those misdemeanors.

That's a good clarification.  I was referring to the City of Los Angeles with the CIty Atty. thing and the policy certainly doesn't extend to the entire county. 

15-20 years ago IIRC, CA had Superior Court for felonies (and lawsuits over a certain threshold) and Municipal Courts for Misdemeanors, small claims, ,evictions, etc.  They were consolidated for economy...I think the City Atty/DA thing goes back to those times.    

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So my point here is that a) you've got LAPD saying he has been arrested  b) him saying he has not been arrested and c) that should be easily verifiable, no?  He would have been photographed etc....  just like anybody who gets arrested.  I am saying that he either did get arrested or he did not. If he did, then he's lying. 

He was arrested, but the DA has not yet decided to charge him.  Most likely because they are doing their own investigation in to the incident to avoid looking like jackasses if this was a false arrest.

Edited by kevwun

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

1) LAPD arrested him  and booked him into jail 

2) He paid the predetermined bail amount  and was released

3) No charges have been filed in court as of now.

Edit: Kevwan beat me.  

So, I had a buddy that was ARRESTED for DUI.  They took him to jail and took his blood.  It came back .06.  He was put in handcuffs, taken to jail, strip-searched, and thrown in a cell until his wife posted bail, and was NEVER CHARGED by the DA. 

Edited by Gil Bang

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

He was arrested, but the DA has not yet decided to charge him.  Most likely because they are doing their own investigation in to the incident to avoid looking like jackasses if this was a false arrest.

This is correct.  I've had many potential clients who have been arrested and cited to court only to find out it was a "DA dismissal," meaning the DA declined to press charges.

Man ... I thought charging and arresting were synonymous. Thanks for explaining it.  Didn't realize you could get arrested and not be charged.

Very interesting. 

If this turns out to be a fraud, I would hate to be the one who set Avenatti up. He's going to go after that motherfucker like a man scorned and possessed. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

this talk of arrests vs. charges reminds me of the old board with Dillo Pad was sure he was going to get off on a traffic ticket because of some typo the cop made.  He argued with every lawyer on the thread about how he was right and they were wrong.  He ended up paying the fine, of course. 

Good times. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Man ... I thought charging and arresting were synonymous. Thanks for explaining it.  Didn't realize you could get arrested and not be charged.

Very interesting. 

If this turns out to be a fraud, I would hate to be the one who set Avenatti up. He's going to go after that motherfucker like a man scorned and possessed. 

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

this talk of arrests vs. charges reminds me of the old board with Dillo Pad was sure he was going to get off on a traffic ticket because of some typo the cop made.  He argued with every lawyer on the thread about how he was right and they were wrong.  He ended up paying the fine, of course. 

Good times. 

Man, what a comedy of errors that guy was

• Haha 1

Just now, seven said:

Man, what a comedy of errors that guy was

Only time in the history of the internet that I've ever used a sock was just the one time, to fuck with him on his rant about the flooring guy parking in front of his shitbox house in College Station. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Only time in the history of the internet that I've ever used a sock was just the one time, to fuck with him on his rant about the flooring guy parking in front of his shitbox house in College Station. 

Amazing thread, right up there with dipping on planes 

Also, the LAPD may have killed Tupac. And that OJ trial was sure weird.

Why hasn't anybody released the identity of the mystery woman!!???

Come on, TMZ. Come on, National Enquirer. Come on, Fox News. Come on, Infowars. Come on, Daily Caller .. etc.

I implore the trashy scumbucket rw media to do their job!