So, the Michael Avenatti run for POTUS is over

Gil Bang

It's funny how this stuff disqualifies Avenatti from running for president while the sitting president was accused of sexual assault by over 15 women (I lost count) and is on video making racist, misogynistic, and xenophobic comments.

Don't get me wrong - Avenatti's a turd.  But Trump is a massive shit pile.  So don't have too much fun with this story, all you Fox News parrots. 

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Were y'all like this when Bill was accused?

i don't give a shit about Avenatti, and I a)was maybe 12 when Bill was accused and b)don't give a shit about Bill Clinton.

10 hours ago, TexArcher said:

It's funny how this stuff disqualifies Avenatti from running for president while the sitting president was accused of sexual assault by over 15 women (I lost count) and is on video making racist, misogynistic, and xenophobic comments.

Don't get me wrong - Avenatti's a turd.  But Trump is a massive shit pile.  So don't have too much fun with this story, all you Fox News parrots. 

Avenatti is just running as self promotion.  Which I think was exactly what Trump was doing.  He's not a serious candidate, but neither was Trump.  The difference is that he's running for the wrong party to get the rube vote.

23 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

i don't give a shit about Avenatti, and I a)was maybe 12 when Bill was accused and b)don't give a shit about Bill Clinton.

I told a story once about my sister yelling at her grandson about a Bush v. Kerry debate on the morning of his wedding. At one point she was saying some shit like, "And I bet you loved Clinton ...." and he said, "Grandma, I was 10."

lol right-wingers are fucking demented

• Like 2

Were y'all like this when Bill was accused?

Like what? A bunch of us having different opinions?

Some think Avenatti was set up, some don’t give a shit, and some want him to shut up and stay in his lane.

Here’s a novel idea - just because someone appears to be allied with “your side” or on “your team” doesn’t mean you have to support them no matter what.

Avenatti and I may agree that Trump is a disgusting shitgibbon staining the Oval Office but that doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s a shameless carnival barker who is trying to use his crusade against Trump to enrich himself. I don’t support him in any other way than his role as an advocate for Stormy Daniels and the other women seeking legal recompense from Trump.

I wouldn’t vote for him.

And another tip, not everyone in this thread or on this board are all liberals or whatever you were trying to prove with your nonsense question about Bill Clinton.

And even if we were, Democrats don’t line up and support bad actors on “our side” no matter what. Just ask Al Franken. And sometimes it works to our detriment. See the Bernie Bros.

But I don’t want to be like Republicans. There’s only one true thing Trump said during the campaign - “I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and my supporters wouldn’t care.”

But he left off “And they would defend me with their full chest!”.

There is most certainly an aspect to some politicians developing a cult of personality but after the behavior of republicans during the Trump era, I will fart in the general direction of anyone claiming it’s Democrats who act like cult followers.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, yaqdum said:

i remain disgusted with bill.  he spent his life getting into position to be and do something special and then threw it away.

Most fiscally responsible president of my adult lifetime. He inherited a shitty economy from his Republican predecessor and left it much better than he found it (ditto for Obama). Strong economy, balanced budget, shrinking government. Stopped genocide in Bosnia. Oversaw peace between Israel and Jordan. Respected around the world. The rest of the world was laughing at us for getting all worked up about a leader engaging in marital infidelity. That's as old as civilization. 

I don't give a damn that he got his knob polished in the Oval Office. His private life is his business. At least he stayed married to his first wife and raised a strong, intelligent daughter. And his charitable foundation is doing good for people around the world and isn't paying for things like his legal bills or personal portraits like Trump's is. It's pretty telling that former Democratic presidents continue to try to make the world a better place after they leave office unlike their Republican counterparts.

Fuck the hypocrisy of Newt Gingrich and Ken Starr and his gang of politically motivated cronies. The Starr Commission, ostensibly created to look into the Clintons' real estate investments, was nothing more than a tool to try to manufacture scandals to tarnish his presidency. It really was a witch hunt, a fishing expedition. It was exactly what Republicans fear the Mueller investigation is. They fear that because that's exactly what they did, and would still do now. Hillary was right then too when she talked about a vast right-wing conspiracy. 

And all through that bullshit, Bill still got things done. He worked across the aisle and made deals and compromises. The Republicans were all in favor of NAFTA and the repeal of Glass-Steagall. The criticisms from liberals was that he was too far to the right. That's probably fair. But he was good for education, the environment, believed in science, the separation of church and state, he didn't battle the press and didn't start any stupid wars. He had a very successful presidency. But the Starr Commission achieved their goal by making everyone forget what a successful presidency his was from a policy and results standpoint. 

On his way out the door he warned George W Bush that the biggest threat to America was Islamic terrorism. Too bad that dipshit ignored him. I don't know if Gore would've prevented 9/11 but he would have taken the warnings seriously and tried to prevent it. He certainly wouldn't have de-funded and de-fanged the Terrorism Czar or dismissed the PDB warning that bin Laden was determined to attack in the U.S.  

• Like 9

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Most fiscally responsible president of my adult lifetime. He inherited a shitty economy from his Republican predecessor and left it much better than he found it (ditto for Obama). Strong economy, balanced budget, shrinking government. Stopped genocide in Bosnia. Oversaw peace between Israel and Jordan. Respected around the world. The rest of the world was laughing at us for getting all worked up about a leader engaging in marital infidelity. That's as old as civilization. 

I don't give a damn that he got his knob polished in the Oval Office. His private life is his business. At least he stayed married to his first wife and raised a strong, intelligent daughter. And his charitable foundation is doing good for people around the world and isn't paying for things like his legal bills or personal portraits like Trump's is. It's pretty telling that former Democratic presidents continue to try to make the world a better place after they leave office unlike their Republican counterparts.

Fuck the hypocrisy of Newt Gingrich and Ken Starr and his gang of politically motivated cronies. The Starr Commission, ostensibly created to look into the Clintons' real estate investments, was nothing more than a tool to try to manufacture scandals to tarnish his presidency. It really was a witch hunt, a fishing expedition. It was exactly what Republicans fear the Mueller investigation is. They fear that because that's exactly what they did, and would still do now. Hillary was right then too when she talked about a vast right-wing conspiracy. 

And all through that bullshit, Bill still got things done. He worked across the aisle and made deals and compromises. The Republicans were all in favor of NAFTA and the repeal of Glass-Steagall. The criticisms from liberals was that he was too far to the right. That's probably fair. But he was good for education, the environment, believed in science, the separation of church and state, he didn't battle the press and didn't start any stupid wars. He had a very successful presidency. But the Starr Commission achieved their goal by making everyone forget what a successful presidency his was from a policy and results standpoint. 

On his way out the door he warned George W Bush that the biggest threat to America was Islamic terrorism. Too bad that dipshit ignored him. I don't know if Gore would've prevented 9/11 but he would have taken the warnings seriously and tried to prevent it. He certainly wouldn't have de-funded and de-fanged the Terrorism Czar or dismissed the PDB warning that bin Laden was determined to attack in the U.S.  

I still think we should have made him King when we had the chance.

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Great post and agree with most of it.  

However, I think Bill and the Bushes dropped the ball on how to handle post-Soviet Russia.  We thought Russia and the East would embrace western style democracy.  For a little while it looked like that was going to happen.  

The rise of Islamic terrorism gave us a common enemy but also a distraction as we stood by and watched the seeds of authoritarianism planted throughout Europe and eventually here in the United States with Trumpism.  

I’m not sure what Bill or GWB was supposed to do to avoid the rise of Putin’s Russia but the western world is currently dealing with the consequences of our complacency.  Perhaps they shouldn’t have coddled Putin in the beginning.  Obama didn’t help either with the “Russia reset”.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I still think we should have made him King when we had the chance.

A second Clinton presidency would've been a lot better for the country and the world than the second Bush presidency (not to mention the current disgrace to democracy that's clogging the drain in the White House).

58 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I agree with most of your Clinton post, but he should have finished the drill on OBL himself.

An opinion authored by the Republicans after 9/11 to deflect blame from Dubya. Clinton tried to get bin Laden after the 1998 al Qaeda attacks on the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania and the Republicans accused him of "Wag the Dog" politics and only doing it to distract from the Monica Lewinsky scandal. What exactly was he supposed to do? Invade Afghanistan? You think the Republicans in congress would've supported that? Show me one Republican who took bin Laden seriously prior to 9/11. 

George W Bush flat out dropped the ball when we had bin Laden and al Qaeda concentrated together and trapped at Tora Bora. Our special forces asked for more troops to finish the job but George sent a bunch of Islamic mercenaries in to finish off a respected religious figure and they, predictably, allowed him to escape. It's no wonder the Republicans started to whine that Clinton should have gotten him in the first place. They couldn't have fucked up the whole bin Laden and al Qaeda situation any worse if they tried. 

alleged victim comes forward:

https://theblast.com/michael-avenatti-actress-files-domestic-violence-restraining-order/

6:04 PM PT: Michael Avenatti just responded to The Blast’s story, tweeting, “I look forward to a full clearing of my name and disclosure of all of the facts. I have NEVER abused a woman or committed domestic violence against anyone. Any claim to the contrary is completely bogus and fabricated. I am a target. And I will be exonerated.”

The woman who accused Michael Avenatti of domestic violence has now filed for a restraining order against the attorney.

According to court records obtained by The Blast, actress Mareli Miniutti filed for a domestic violence restraining order against Avenatti Monday in Los Angeles.

Miniutti is an actress in her 20s, originally from Estonia, and most recently scored a cameo in “Ocean’s Eight.”

As we reported, Avenatti was arrested last week after a woman called police. He was arrested at his apartment in L.A. but the circumstances behind the allegations were unclear.

It was also erroneously reported that Avenatti’s ex-wife was the woman who initially made the allegations, but that was later proven to be false after both of Avenatti’s former spouses came out with statements claiming he had never hit them.

After he was released from custody, Stormy Daniels’ attorney disputed he had hit anyone, and said, “I have never been physically abusive in my life nor was I last night. Any accusations to the contrary are fabricated and meant to do harm to my reputation. I look forward to being fully exonerated.”

A hearing on the restraining order has been set for next month.

This is a developing story…

m.jpg?resize=1024,768&ssl=1

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1

Obviously a Putin/Russian plant to help Trump by discrediting Avenatti.  When we get ahold of the kompromat files and the tapes, all of this will come out.  Classic Russian operation to weaken our country.

PS:  Would like to rummage around in her dossier.

1 hour ago, Whitman said:

Obviously a Putin/Russian plant to help Trump by discrediting Avenatti.  When we get ahold of the kompromat files and the tapes, all of this will come out.  Classic Russian operation to weaken our country.

PS:  Would like to rummage around in her dossier.

I think the whole Russia thing re: Trump is largely a stupid distraction, but from a larger perspective with regard Russian/American foreign policy, I think this is actually plausible. Honeypot traps are real things and they're actually super cool and funny. (Isn't the Marina Butina thing similar? This shit is all running together in my mind and making me HyPeRnOrMaLiZeD.)

Basically the Russia/Trump shit is boring and dumb to me, but the idea of a woman from Estonia sabotaging a NY lawyer grifter (either on her own for her own reasons or via suggestion) is fucking hilarious and is small enough in scope and execution to make sense.

And... boobs.

Edited by bad_teammate