So, the Michael Avenatti run for POTUS is over

Gil Bang

Pillows.

LOS ANGELES—Stormy Daniels’ lawyer Michael Avenatti violently dragged his ex-girlfriend out of his apartment and called her an “ungrateful bitch,” according to court documents. 

Mareli Miniutti also claimed that Avenatti hit her in the face with pillows while he berated her and ranted about how she had disrespected him.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/avenattis-ex-girlfriend-mareli-miniutti-he-violently-dragged-me-out-of-bed-called-me-a-fcking-btch

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pillows.

LOS ANGELES—Stormy Daniels’ lawyer Michael Avenatti violently dragged his ex-girlfriend out of his apartment and called her an “ungrateful bitch,” according to court documents. 

Mareli Miniutti also claimed that Avenatti hit her in the face with pillows while he berated her and ranted about how she had disrespected him.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/avenattis-ex-girlfriend-mareli-miniutti-he-violently-dragged-me-out-of-bed-called-me-a-fcking-btch

so pillows are ok?  what about soft boxing gloves?  

11 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

so pillows are ok?  what about soft boxing gloves?  

Actually, you can do a lot of damage with a pillow.  However, when you’re pressing domestic violence charges, “he hit me with pillows” comes off kinda “child please”.   I could see how that might be perceived as offensive to real victims of domestic violence. 

If Avenatti is guilty he should be held fully accountable.

However, with every new development in this story, it stinks more and more of a struggling actress looking for her 15 minutes.  

If that’s the case, Avenatti is partially to blame too for putting himself in a position to fall prey to something like this.

The company you keep.

17 hours ago, RayDog said:

When did a pillow fight become felony assault?

Next they'll say it is felony assault for spanking a girl on the ass while doing her doggy style.

Can you even imagine attempting to be single these days and take a girl home?  "Can I do this? Are you ok with this?  What about this? Where would you like me to touch you?"  There was some opinion piece in the NY Times I think that a lady in her 30's wrote about going to bed with a guy in his early 20's.  She described the experience just like what I wrote above and how weird it was.

Anyhow, this feels like a setup even if I think he's almost as big of an embarrassment as our President.

• Like 1

Question for the lawyers (or career criminals):

Avenatti was arrested for a felony, for which bail was $50,000.  Now that the DA has declined to file on that, does he get his bail refunded immediately?  Presumably, the bail amount for a misdemeanor charge would be significantly lower.   Say the bail for the lower charge is $10,000, does he get $$40,000 back now?

Stormy Daniels On Michael Avenatti: ‘He Has Spoken On My Behalf Without My Approval’

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stormy-daniels-avenatti-sue-trump_us_5bff08cee4b03ce3f6e65817

Stormy Daniels has come out to say that her lawyer Michael Avenatti sued President Donald Trump for defamation despite her urging him not to, and now she’s not sure if she’ll keep him as her lawyer.

In a report The Daily Beast published on Wednesday, Daniels says she asked Avenatti for information about the crowdsourced funds raised for her legal defense and that instead of providing more information, he started a new fundraising site to raise money for her without telling her, and she found out about it on Twitter.

“For months I’ve asked Michael Avenatti to give me accounting information about the fund my supporters so generously donated to for my safety and legal defense. He has repeatedly ignored those requests,” Daniels said in a statement to The Daily Beast.

Could be trying to get out of paying Trumps legal fees or the Avenatti guy is a real creep.  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Five Star Choad is right. 

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-avenatti-bankruptcy-law-firm-20190308-story.html

The bankruptcy filing came on the eve of Avenatti’s scheduled testimony in federal court in Orange County on Eagan Avenatti’s finances. Frank’s lawyers were planning to interrogate him on the whereabouts of the firm’s assets.

Eagan Avenatti’s first bankruptcy filing, in 2017, also came on the eve of Avenatti’s scheduled testimony in his dispute with Frank, who claimed it owed him more than $15 million in back pay. Avenatti has denied the allegation.

This guy is a piece of work/shit. His use of the bankrupcty code is reminiscent of another five star choad.

Edited by TwiceHorn

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This guy is a piece of work/shit. His use of the bankrupcty code is reminiscent of another five star choad.

If trump were able to design his sons in a state of the art laboratory, I'm guessing they would turn out a lot like Avenatti.

Instead his design work had to be completed inside an eastern European whore, and he got stuck with the genetically challenged slapdicks we know today.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If there's no proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he colluded/conspired with the Russians, he should still come out okay. In fact, he can claim victory and laugh away all the other charges.

I've been following the law recently, and I think that's how it works.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ah, I see, he didn't have a lawsuit against them, just damaging info.  Ok, the extortion may stick.

He wouldn’t need an active suit as long as he had a client with a claim. Doesn’t sound like that’s the case, but he had to get his info from someone. 

Either way this seems like it’ll be bad for Nike. The story will come out either way now. Hopefully Shaka is implicated. 

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

He wouldn’t need an active suit as long as he had a client with a claim. Doesn’t sound like that’s the case, but he had to get his info from someone. 

Either way this seems like it’ll be bad for Nike. The story will come out either way now. Hopefully Shaka is implicated. 

Yeah, that's what I meant, I just used the surl-type vernacular.  And I'm guessing that a part of the whole thing is that whatever he had wasn't a big hairy deal.  But we can keep our fingers crossed with respect to Shaka.