Uncle Rico can't even throw the ball 80 yards, you dumbass...

Dude at work was bragging today at lunch that he can throw an NFL regulation football 80 yards.  He's about 5'9" and no more than 160#, late 30;s/early 40s.  Another 40 Y.O. guy chimes in that he couldn't hit 80, but could hit 55-60 yards. We reminded these mofos that Goff had the longest throw last year at 62 yards and Mahomes hit like 68 on that throw this year.

So...

We are having a meeting tomorrow and an hour prior will be the official 2018 Uncle Rico Combine. We finally told them to STFU and they could prove it with their arms. I volunteered a new guy from college that I knew played baseball and football in high school and told both of them that he would out-throw them.

How far can/ could you throw the fooseball?

Guarantee that one of the bullshitters will show up complaining of a sore shoulder due to sleeping on it wrong or maybe tweaking it doing burn outs on the bench press.

I'll be 49 in a couple weeks. Went through a bout of frozen shoulder a year ago. If I could throw a spiral 30 yards I'd be thrilled. But I bet 25 is all I've got left.

As a former quarterback I seriously doubt they can throw that far. I know when I was younger, before I tore my shoulders up and was still in good health my max throw was about...8-12'.  can't get anywhere near that now.

Of course when I was a quarterback we ran the wishbone.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, slorch said:

Dude at work was bragging today at lunch that he can throw an NFL regulation football 80 yards.  He's about 5'9" and no more than 160#, late 30;s/early 40s.  Another 40 Y.O. guy chimes in that he couldn't hit 80, but could hit 55-60 yards. We reminded these mofos that Goff had the longest throw last year at 62 yards and Mahomes hit like 68 on that throw this year.

So...

We are having a meeting tomorrow and an hour prior will be the official 2018 Uncle Rico Combine. We finally told them to STFU and they could prove it with their arms. I volunteered a new guy from college that I knew played baseball and football in high school and told both of them that he would out-throw them.

Film it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Guarantee that one of the bullshitters will show up complaining of a sore shoulder due to sleeping on it wrong or maybe tweaking it doing burn outs on the bench press.

"The wind got my pass"

"The cold makes it harder to throw"

"Are you sure this is an NFL regulation ball?"

Edited by Js1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

Bring a pump, because one of them will complain about it being too soft, and the other will complain about it being overinflated.

Yes. Pump is here.  Also giving them choice of fully inflated or Tommay style.

It’s pretty calm here this morning, but we told them they could have the wind of their choosing and still wouldn’t hit 80yds.

Reminds me of this time we had an intern who played baseball as a pitcher in some D3 school. Some of the older managers (40 year olds) said they could easily put a ball in play off him in three at bats. 

Finally had the oppty and it was ugly. They couldn’t even swing a bat properly much less have ever seen a real slider.

46 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

NFL QB's with BIG arms push 90yds.

They definitely do not.

Anyone remember those NFL QB challenge they used to play in the 90s?  One of the contest was longest throw and pretty much all of the contestants - elway, hotstettler, moon, etc - were all landing in the 60

It's a really, really, really tight bell distribution centered around 63-65 or so.

I put money none of those fuckers can toss the ball sideline to sideline.  Me...almost the length of a basketball court on a sloppy ball so around 25yd

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

They definitely do not.

Anyone remember those NFL QB challenge they used to play in the 90s?  One of the contest was longest throw and pretty much all of the contestants - elway, hotstettler, moon, etc - were all landing in the 60

It's a really, really, really tight bell distribution centered around 63-65 or so.

I put money none of those fuckers can toss the ball sideline to sideline.  Me...almost the length of a basketball court on a sloppy ball so around 25yd

I stand corrected.   claims of 70's with reports of 80's appears to be common. But those also appear to be questionable on video search.

12 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

They definitely do not.

Cunningham got to 80 in one of those. Guys like elway and Jeff George could probably throw 80. Jamarcus Russell had a huge arm. 

Not long ago Aaron Rodgers three a Hail Mary from his own 35 into the end zone in game action. 65-70 there. 

I wonder if I could get to 40. Probably somewhere between 30-40. 

When I was 25 or so I made bet that I could hit a dumpster from 35 yards. Of the three tries I was allowed, one was a couple of yards short, the other hit right at the bottom, don't know if it hit the dumpster or pavement first. And the last hit about 3 feet up on the dumpster. that hurt my shoulder for about 2 days. Probably couldn't hit 25 yd now

When I was in college, I could throw a baseball 90 yards.  

A couple of weeks ago, I was hiking around a lake and picked up some rocks to throw in it.  I couldn't get any of them more than about 30 yards.  

That was my latest lesson in the humiliating effects of age.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

When I was in college, I could throw a baseball 90 yards.  

A couple of weeks ago, I was hiking around a lake and picked up some rocks to throw in it.  I couldn't get any of them more than about 30 yards.  

That was my latest lesson in the humiliating effects of age.  

Yep, sucks don't it?

Back when I was in my late 30's  we had gone to my sisters' house for Thanksgiving.  When we were going out to the car to leave my 15 nephew was in the yard throwing the football around with some friends.  "Uncle shooter" throw me a long one.  He ran about a 20 yard post, and I threw that ball as hard as I could...very short.   When we got to the car I pitched the keys to the Mrs and said you drive.  Why? she asked...."I can't".

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, slorch said:

So...

no way either of these jabronis breaks 40 yards 

not NFL regulation but i've seen a bunch of guys throw 50 yards with the ncaa one i have.  several were former college baseball players and another had scholarship offers to play d3.  i might could get 35 yard now.  over the past 3 years i've lost about 8 mph off my throws. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

NCAA ball is a bit fatter and more rounded. NFL ball is narrower and pointier. 

I'll be damned, I did not know that. I know that there have been several times watching NFL games when they will zoom in on the ball at the line of scrimmage, and thought to myself damn that thing looks skinny. I guess it wasn't just the Crown Royal talking.

Okay, got curious about how much difference there was between the balls pardon the pun, and Googled it I think you wrote it down backwards the NCAA ball is actually smaller and skinnier than the NFL ball according to the Google Tron.

1/2 inch in length and 1 inch and circumference according to Google.

I guess measurements and sizes are like assholes everybody's got one. According to stack.com NFL and NCAA football's of the same dimensions which I do not think is correct regardless of which is bigger or smaller.

Edited by SHOOTER12
I'm a derp
  • Like 1