Uncle Rico can't even throw the ball 80 yards, you dumbass...

Further development today at company party that happens to be in December( AKA Cri'mas party)

One of our prospective Olympians conceded that he might not be able to do the running due to his bad knees( previously unmentioned.) Uproarious laughter filled the room.

I can live with the satisfaction of them being called on their bullshit.  I told them they are both full of shit and have zero credibility on anything athletic and they were wrong to get our hopes up for Olympic feats of agony. Then it devolved into them still wanting throw a baseball now, as opposed to the football.

Not sure they can be humiliated enough...to get them to shut the fuck up.

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

Further development today at company party that happens to be in December( AKA Cri'mas party)

One of our prospective Olympians conceded that he might not be able to do the running due to his bad knees( previously unmentioned.) Uproarious laughter filled the room.

I can live with the satisfaction of them being called on their bullshit.  I told them they are both full of shit and have zero credibility on anything athletic and they were wrong to get our hopes up for Olympic feats of agony. Then it devolved into them still wanting throw a baseball now, as opposed to the football.

Crystal ball says... pain and ER visits for many during the holidays.

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

I remember kicking a football in a field, thinking it was going a long ways.

Then trying it on a football field ... and seeing it go about 20 yards ... and then subtracting some yards for the line of scrimmage ...

Stay in school, kids, and study hard!

My son, who is in 9th grade, has never been much of an athlete (unlike his Jim Thorpe father).  He's always given it his best shot but it is what it is and he gets discouraged.  But the kid is smart as a whip (unlike his Forrest Gump father) .  Gets straight A's  at a really demanding prep school.  Honestly I can't recall him ever getting a B in any class as far back as I can remember.  I told him that success in the classroom will take him lightyears farther than success on a field or in a pool (he plays water polo).  Stay focused on that and don't sweat it.  I think he gets it.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

My son, who is in 9th grade, has never been much of an athlete (unlike his Forrest Gump father).  He's always given it his best shot but it is what it is and he gets discouraged.  But the kid is smart as a whip (unlike his Forrest Gump father)

FTFY

• Like 1

23 hours ago, slorch said:

Switch the baseball for a golf ball at the last minute and watch them shred their shoulders.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 7:03 PM, Sbbruin said:

My son, who is in 9th grade, has never been much of an athlete (unlike his Jim Thorpe father).  He's always given it his best shot but it is what it is and he gets discouraged.  But the kid is smart as a whip (unlike his Forrest Gump father) .  Gets straight A's  at a really demanding prep school.  Honestly I can't recall him ever getting a B in any class as far back as I can remember.  I told him that success in the classroom will take him lightyears farther than success on a field or in a pool (he plays water polo).  Stay focused on that and don't sweat it.  I think he gets it.

That's a tough go.  When all your friends are apparently killing it on the court/field/pool, it's hard to hear, "You're going to blossom in college.  Trust me."  College seems like a long way off to a 9th grader.  What you said is 100% true, but still.  You have to get through moment first.

• 6 months later...

Got into the office at lunch and saw a couple of the guys walking out of the shop with a football.  Little did I know it was our 2019 Uncle Rico Combine in the making.  Both contestants had stated they could hit 55 yards easy but both came short.  Hopefully, video to follow.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:06 PM, DaysOff said:

That sounds pretty good for a couple of jabronis.

Agreed. I used to have a great arm, but I doubt I could get it nearly that far now. Too many elbow and shoulder injuries (although I could certainly put a lot more weight behind it now). Can you tell me these guys are still in their twenties so I can feel better about myself? If not, I guess I gotta go see what I’ve got left in the tank

Edited by SquishMitten