Ladies and Gentlemen.....THE ROLLING STONES!!

Delta Charlie

https://www.jambase.com/article/the-rolling-stones-2019-us-tour-announcement

Cities:

Apr 20 or 24 – Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium
Apr 20 or 24 – Jacksonville, FL – IAA Bank Field
May 02 – New Orleans, LA – Jazz Fest
Jun 13 and/or June 17 – East Rutherford, NJ – Metlife Stadium

The following venues are listed by the fan site without specific dates attached:
NRG Stadium – Houston, TX
Rose Bowl – Pasadena, CA
CenturyLink Field – Seattle, WA
Levi’s Stadium – Santa Clara, CA
Lincoln Financial Field – Philadelphia, PA
Mile High Stadium – Denver, CO
Soldier Field – Chicago, IL
Gillette Stadium – Foxboro, MA

It's remarkable that they can still do it it their ages.    I looked it up   Watts is 77,   Jagger is 75,   Richards is 74,  Wood is 71.   Photos make it look like the years have not been kind to them. 

On the other hand McCartney is 76 and he put on a hell of a good show at ACL fest.

In.  I've decided that I'm going to make every effort to see all of my musical heroes.  I saw Petty's penultimate show.  I saw Aerosmith.  I've seen the stones a half-dozen times, but yeah, I'll see 'em again.  They won't  live/perform forever. 

Edited by Gil Bang

April 20th, 2019 – Miami Gardens, FL @ Hard Rock Stadium
April 24th – Jacksonville, FL @ TIAA Bank Field
April 28th – Houston, TX@ NRG Stadium
May 7th – Glendale, AZ @ State Farm Stadium
May 11th – Pasadena, CA @ The Rose Bowl
May 18th – Santa Clara, CA @ Levi’s Stadium
May 22nd – Seattle, WA @ CenturyLink Field
May 26th – Denver, CO @ Broncos Stadium at Mile High
May 31st – Washington, D.C. @ FedExField
June 4th – Philadelphia, PA @ Lincoln Financial Field
June 8th – Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium
June 13th – East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium
June 21st – Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck this bullshit. Wife wanted to go with another couple, so I got 3 browsers open, she has 2, all logged in to waiting room for the AMEX/Fan club presale today. Tickets go on sale at 10am, and it instantly says there are 2000 people ahead of us. 15 minutes later one of my browsers finally starts counting down from 2000, only to get to zero and tell me they are all sold out. 25 after and the other browsers all still say 2000 people ahead. Why not just say sold out.

6 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

Fuck this bullshit. Wife wanted to go with another couple, so I got 3 browsers open, she has 2, all logged in to waiting room for the AMEX/Fan club presale today. Tickets go on sale at 10am, and it instantly says there are 2000 people ahead of us. 15 minutes later one of my browsers finally starts counting down from 2000, only to get to zero and tell me they are all sold out. 25 after and the other browsers all still say 2000 people ahead. Why not just say sold out.

Because then they don't get the thrill of being assholes 2000 times?

Even more bs. I let the other browsers go and 30 after they went through and had tickets available. The browser that said they were sold out was the one that I was signed in on with my ticketmaster account. Wife started doing all this 10 minutes before me and hers were the last to log in.

I guess I am a surly poor because I just couldn't pay $700 for floor, $1600 for pit, $377 for decent lower level, or even $200(fees and all) for crap lower level.

15 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

Even more bs. I let the other browsers go and 30 after they went through and had tickets available. The browser that said they were sold out was the one that I was signed in on with my ticketmaster account. Wife started doing all this 10 minutes before me and hers were the last to log in.

I guess I am a surly poor because I just couldn't pay $700 for floor, $1600 for pit, $377 for decent lower level, or even $200(fees and all) for crap lower level.

Nope.  I'm right there with you.  I was stoked to see Roger Waters last summer.  But then I couldn't get anything beneath the nosebleeds for less than $250.  So I didn't, and I've lived through it.  

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Deej said:

My first Stones show was the Cotton Bowl in 89. Great show. Guy in front of me puked on himself and passed out just as they went on stage, and woke up during the last song of the encore. 

And ever since he tells his friends how awesome the Stones were that night.

21 hours ago, Deej said:

My first Stones show was the Cotton Bowl in 89. Great show. Guy in front of me puked on himself and passed out just as they went on stage, and woke up during the last song of the encore. 

I was wearing the US Flag shirt with all the big lips/tongues as the stars.  Yeah, I was that guy wearing the t-shirt at the concert.  Anyway, this woman in front of me looked at me and said, "I hope all them tongues don't come up here and start lickin' me during the show."  (She was a peach).  Show started, she and her old man each ate a handful of pills and started making out.  Thankfully, no puking. 

I know I was there the second night because during Living Color (opening act) dude to my left was smoking one joint after another and telling us how awesome the Stones has been the night before. Recited the set list. Then Living Color was over, the Stones came out. Cotton Bowl erupted. I looked to my left to see how Mr. First Night Was Awesome was reacting. He was passed the fuck out in his seat. Didn’t wake up until the show was over.

I think my seat cost $65. I couldn’t imagine how someone could pay that much money, twice, and pass out.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:15 PM, Deej said:

My first Stones show was the Cotton Bowl in 89. Great show. 

First as well.  Steel Wheels.  I remember the ticket distribution process as much as anything.  Tickets went on sale on a Saturday morning.  You had to get a wristband in advance, get in line on the sale date, random # was drawn, and that # was first in line, and everyone followed in behind.  The loophole was that they didn't monitor how many wristbands a person could get for the particular location where tickets were going on sale.  Just had to go at random times, put one (loosely) on your wrist, move it up a bit up your wrist, make sure you had long sleeves on, then go back to get another wristband.  By the time tickets went on sale that Saturday at Northpark, me and my friends each had 5 to 6 wristbands on, with #s all over the place.   So we set ourselves up w/ decent odds to get at / near the random # that was drawn.  Sure enough, one of my 6 wristband was immediately behind the random # that was drawn. 

Ended up 5th row from the stage on night 2 at the Cotton Bowl.  Still remember the heat from the explosion that accompanied Start Me Up as the first song of the set. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 9:23 PM, Steel Shank said:

The fees alone on each of my tickets are 71% more than my actual ticket ($25) to see the Stones in '81. Plus I got to see The Top and The Fab Tbirds. 

$25 bucks. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Was that at the Cotton Bowl?  I had two tickets but couldn't make it.  I probably still have those two tickets.

@Bullneck , yes it was I believe it was a slightly rainy October 31st. Just saw an email saying their current tour has been postponed.

I've got tickets to the Houston show. Since it's Ticketmaster, I'm sure they're going to provide me a smooth butt fucking. What are my options?

Edited by Steel Shank

55 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

@Bullneck , yes it was I believe it was a slightly rainy October 31st. Just saw an email saying their current tour has been postponed.

I've got tickets to the Houston show. Since it's Ticketmaster, I'm sure they're going to provide me a smooth butt fucking. What are my options?

It's better than I gritty one?