Cable/internet providers in Dallas proper

Stunns38

Hello,

We’ll be moving to the City of Dallas in January and found out that our internet/cable providers will be ATT gigaspeed and Spectrum. I’ve heard mixed reviews of ATT and mostly bad reviews of Charter Spectrum(we have that now). Heard better of Time Warner-Spectrum.

Anyway, wife will be working from home so we’ll need the most reliable service. Obviously ATT has faster speeds but reliability is most important.

Any experience in the DFW area or Dallas proper? I’m not sure if our new area around Bishop Arts was a former Time Warner or Charter area but Charter has been awful and overpriced.

The search button didn’t turn up anything...

Thanks

I love in Addison and have ATT works well for me. Work from home 1 day a week, use Kodi and DirecTV now with no issues. Had spectrum in the past and it sucked, had TWC 5 years ago and it was good but not as good as ATT.

Thanks! I know that ATT’s regular DSL is horrible but the gigaspeeds are much better. Have you experienced any major billing issues with ATT?

• 1 year later...

you really do not have a choice between Charter and TW

Charter bought Time Warner and in most of the DFW area the cable plant is an old Time Warner plant that used to be Comcast before Time Warner and Comcast swapped their systems in Houston and Dallas

some areas of the north DFW suburbs up to Denton and north Fort Worth suburbs are Charter plants that used to be "Charter Marcus" after Charter bought Marcus

you are pretty much going to have a choice of UVerse or Spectrum in dallas and that is about it (with Spectrum being the merged Charter/TW)

the quality will really be area specific and dependent on how well the infrastructure is maintained in your specific area of dallas and sometimes down to the specific neighborhood or even block by block

I would talk to tech savvy neighbors after you choose a specific house and see what issues they have with either of them

^^^ This is accurate.

I don't believe any place in the City of Dallas was a former Charter territory.  That was pretty much Park Cities and SW Fort Worth.

Not that it matters because you're stuck with TW/Comcast, but Charter was more reliable than TW, probably because they served a smaller area.  TW had more package variety, also irrelevant, and better boxes.

In-laws just got TVision, the TMobile tv and internet service and they are cheapskates so it's cheap.  Not sure who the internet provider is, but supposedly its fast.

Edited by TwiceHorn