Songbirds

retread

I know someone posted First Aid Kit on the first page and as much as I love their cover of Black Sabbath it doesn't really allow them to show of their harmony skills, which is what these two are all about.

Not bad for sisters from Stockholm.

Y'all got plenty of Kelly Willis on this thread.
And Emmylou made an appearance.
So, I'm good.
Y'all stay clear of Kelly, though....she's mine.  Pretty sure that Bruce and I have an understanding about that.
In 93, she put out that comeback album after Lyle Lovett talked her in to that EP with Jay Farrar (Son Volt) and Greg Olson (Jayhawks). First song on the solo album was written by M. Pallermo and B. Robinson. I called my brother. "Your drinking buddy.... basketball player from WT. Could he have written a song with Kelly Willis' husband that Kelly recorded"?

"I don't know. Let me call him"

In a bit he called me back and said...."one guess on who answered the phone. Never mind.. Kelly Willis.... Kelly fucking Willis just answered his phone."

I posted a YouTube if Kelly's new song from her new record. Pledge.com has some great deals to support her. Brisket......I have some great stories.....I'll send them separately.

You other assholes......buy Kelly's new record and support her live tour.

• Like 1

I'm still flummoxed every time I see her around town.  I guess they have a kid who plays sports, because I've seen her at a couple of MS/HS football games and track meets.  She doesn't doll up, either -- she just puts on her soccer mom clothes with no makeup and hangs out.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm still flummoxed every time I see her around town.  I guess they have a kid who plays sports, because I've seen her at a couple of MS/HS football games and track meets.  She doesn't doll up, either -- she just puts on her soccer mom clothes with no makeup and hangs out.

....and looks absolutely enchanting doing it.

And yeah, bump into both Bruce and Kelly from time to time (our kids are almost exactly the same ages -well, at least our two and their first two).  They're just casual, friendly enough for a chat, good folks.

And if you don't wanna just up and run away with this....well, I can't help ya.

cfe0cbf5cfabd352a5ca0dcf83957b38.jpg

Edited by Brisketexan

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 3:07 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Amy played fiddle on a song I wrote.  It was a ridiculous mismatch.  Quite an honor.  I think she grudgingly took $50 or something.

The music world misses her (along with the rest of the world).

Just realized that was Rafael Gayol on drums in the Kelly Willis clip.  Wow.  

• 4 months later...

Goddamit.

Rachel Price -- my perfect woman is a WHOLE lot like that.  Classic womanly curves, bold presence, knock-you-down voice.

Kat Edmondson -- if the word "enchanting' didn't exist, we'd have to invent it for her.  That "Nobody Knows That" performance is one of the sad/sexiest things ever recorded.

And Kacey -- "top of her game" barely begins to cover it.  She's a multi-dimensional living work of art.  Talent across the board, a presence that manages to be seductive without surrendering the power and independence of her femininity -- she comes across as a force to be reckoned with in every positive way.

Seriously, I find this thread more captivating and sexier than anything on IPIHB.  A big part of it is because these women aren't objects -- they are forces of nature.  I dig me some strong women who own it.  Lotta respect, lotta admiration, and a whole lot of Brisket fawning like a puppy dog.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy fuck was she ever sexy. 

. . . and according to rumor, she fucked Bucky Godbolt.

Bucky.  

Godbolt.

The part of me that doesn't want to believe it's even remotely possible defers to some twisted part of my psyche that says "well, Lyle and Ric and . . ." ugh.

Image result for bucky godbolt

Edited by jimmyjazz

• 3 weeks later...