Songbirds

retread

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and according to rumor, she fucked Bucky Godbolt.

Bucky.  

Godbolt.

The part of me that doesn't want to believe it's even remotely possible defers to some twisted part of my psyche that says "well, Lyle and Ric and . . ." ugh.

Image result for bucky godbolt

I'm sure she was intrigued by the Tri-pod nickname during his BC days. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/28/2019 at 11:51 AM, Jerry Callo said:

This.  Alison Krauss voice is so soft and yet, at the same time, powerful.  

Gotdamn I love that woman's voice, her look, her sweetness, all of it.

I'll submit my all-time favorite though...

• Like 1

As an Austin music dude, I'm somewhat loathe to give Dallas too much credit, but these two fit the "songbird" label.  (Editorial comments:  Edie looks high as balls in this clip.  On another note, I met Lisa by chance before this song broke, and I was absolutely floored by her beauty.  I mean, she is an EXTRAORDINARILY gorgeous woman, and was even back then as a mid-twenties pseudo-in-betweener who honestly looked 15.  I could hardly speak to her.  Yowza.):

• Like 2

She had to be somewhat pushed by her husband to perform.  iirc she was a waitress working in the family restaurant when discovered.  Shy and very undesirous of the spotlight, she awkwardly stepped forward and this came out...

From Wiki -

She sang on two tracks on the influential 1963 album Getz/Gilberto featuring João Gilberto, Stan Getz, and Antônio Carlos Jobim, despite having never sung professionally before this recording.  The 1964 single version of "The Girl from Ipanema", taken from the 1963 album, omitted the Portuguese lyrics sung by João Gilberto, and established Astrud Gilberto as a Bossa Nova singer. It sold over one million copies and was awarded a gold

Like Isabella Rossellini, I'd marry her based on her voice alone.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

As an Austin music dude, I'm somewhat loathe to give Dallas too much credit, but these two fit the "songbird" label.  (Editorial comments:  Edie looks high as balls in this clip.  On another note, I met Lisa by chance before this song broke, and I was absolutely floored by her beauty.  I mean, she is an EXTRAORDINARILY gorgeous woman, and was even back then as a mid-twenties pseudo-in-betweener who honestly looked 15.  I could hardly speak to her.  Yowza.):

Man I miss Edie.  

I didn't dig on Punk chicks until this little thing came to the fore.

Looked pretty good un-Punk'd too...

49-Hot-Pictures-Of-Annabella-Lwin-Which-

I think she was like 16 in this video, so not knowing the laws, I'll just end my comments there and head back to my bunk.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 3:10 PM, krevo said:

Always like this chick and this cover is great.

Thanks for posting.  I just saw this the other night and have played in no less than 20 times since.  Awesome cover.

I've looked into her other stuff and it's pretty good.  It doesn't really come across here, but goddamn she is a beautiful woman.

• Like 1

I didn't dig on Punk chicks until this little thing came to the fore.
Looked pretty good un-Punk'd too...
49-Hot-Pictures-Of-Annabella-Lwin-Which-Will-Make-Your-Mouth-Water.jpg

I think she was like 16 in this video, so not knowing the laws, I'll just end my comments there and head back to my bunk.

Well, I was less than 16 when this video hit MTV and I can only report that she made me feel the way I felt climbing a rope in gym class.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Damn.  Her voice is so pure, and you're right, it has that burnished Kim Richey vibe to it.  The melody is similar to something Kim would write, too.  Nice call.

She has the same quality as Laura Cantrell, but Amanda stays "more in tune" if that makes sense. But the pureness of the vocal.  Wow. 

• 2 weeks later...