Pappas Delta Blues Smokehouse

Some of the best BBQ in Houston/East Texas. Outstanding menu, great bourbon selection (most of the Van Winkles, BTAC, and restaurant-selected barrels of Weller),  good cocktails, and great service. Only downside is  the price. 2 meat platter with 2 sides runs $24. Brisket and Jalapeno Sausage was incredible

Opening 5 more locations in next 3 years. Dallas is later this year, Pearland next January.

Wish I knew how to post a pic from my phone, but im an idiot.

35 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

If you think that's some of the best barbeque in Houston, then you really need to come see me for lunch. I've eaten at Delta Blues twice. And was not impressed. At all.

I went in not expecting much. But a friend whose bbq opinion I trust swore by this place. Gave it a shot and was shocked at how good it was. Better than Roegels and Southern Q, on par with Pit Room and Papa Charlies. 

Def up there with Freemans and Lamberts for the best table service bbq ive ever had. And normally I dont give a fuck about their sides and drinks, but the corn and the beans were both stellar, and the bourbon selection was the best of any bbq joint ive ever been to. Service was also fantastic

Anyway, just my opinion, but its in my top 5 for the greater houston metro area

Tejas, Corkscrew, Killens, Pinkertons, Pit Room/Delta Blues (all of those are almost like splitting hairs tho)

On 3/27/2018 at 5:01 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

I went in not expecting much. But a friend whose bbq opinion I trust swore by this place. Gave it a shot and was shocked at how good it was. Better than Roegels and Southern Q, on par with Pit Room and Papa Charlies. 

Def up there with Freemans and Lamberts for the best table service bbq ive ever had. And normally I dont give a fuck about their sides and drinks, but the corn and the beans were both stellar, and the bourbon selection was the best of any bbq joint ive ever been to. Service was also fantastic

Anyway, just my opinion, but its in my top 5 for the greater houston metro area

Tejas, Corkscrew, Killens, Pinkertons, Pit Room/Delta Blues (all of those are almost like splitting hairs tho)

I feel ya. I thought their brisket was undercooked and underseasoned (both times) and had a distinct gas taste. The ribs were tough and the sausage was unremarkable. The porkbelly deviled eggs were off the hook, but the Dr. Pepper glazed burnt ends were wayyyyy too sweet and not cooked through. Collards had no depth of flavor, cream corn was sweet with no balance, beans were also very sweet.

Not even in the same league as what Grant is putting out, let alone what Will and Nicole are putting out. Pit Room has fallen off since Bram left, and Tejas has been inconsistent (probably a result of the turnover in the pit room).  I haven't had a single bite of Killen's barbeque that I was impressed with. Just being honest about it.

• Like 1