Texas State fires Everett Withers - Jake Spavital WVU OC hired

Machinator

On 2/4/2021 at 8:58 AM, texifornia said:

Their AD is a world-class moron if I remember correctly. He might be blowing bubbles in his office.

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

giphy.gif

ABOUT TIME !!!      HEY TEIS -- FUCK OFF !!!

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Texas State is the biggest waste of a football program in the entire state of Texas…. They have a prime location, a nice slice of Texas, etc.    But since they moved up to D1-AA/FCS from their D2 championship days in the early 80’s, they’ve been a consistent flop.    A good year here and there, but for 40 years has been trash.  I guess UNT might beg to differ on the flop thing during the same time frame?

One just has to look right down the road to see a program in UTSA who has done it right in a short period of time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Texas State is the biggest waste of a football program in the entire state of Texas…. They have a prime location, a nice slice of Texas, etc.    But since they moved up to D1-AA/FCS from their D2 championship days in the early 80’s, they’ve been a consistent flop.    A good year here and there, but for 40 years has been trash.  I guess UNT might beg to differ on the flop thing during the same time frame?

One just has to look right down the road to see a program in UTSA who has done it right in a short period of time. 

Texas State got a bit fucked early on in 2013 and 2014 when they qualified for a bowl game, but The sunbelt did not have a slot for them and I think some shitty 5-7 programs from other conferences still got a bowl game

they could have used the extra practices and the momentum of even being in a bowl instead they got nothing