NCAA Week 13

NowThis

11 minutes ago, SDG said:

NFL related but I took the under tonight.  If I'm wrong it was an entertaining game and I paid for the entertainment.  If I'm right I'll be rewarded for buying into the hype of the matchup.  

Did the same thing. And took chiefs ML. 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

How are we just 15 pt. favorites over Kansas?  I'd take that bet to cover all day long.  What am I missing?  

First blush I agree, but I'll get Vegas is factoring in final game for their coach so there will be some emotion there and while it sounds like Sam will start how long does he play?  If it's 28-3 at half does Herman rest him up for the title game and Kansas gets a back door cover?

When it seems too easy it usually isn't. Except for when it is. 

I've got KU under 3 wins at the limit on 3 different tickets.  A win today does nothing positive for the program, though it does extend my "been a long time since you won in Lawrence" joke that I've worn out for two years now with my UT buddies.

In a completely meaningless game for KU, we're going to measure my fandom in dollars today.  I have never watched a KU game where I wasn't actively rooting for them but today might be the first time.

My week so far; Texas MBB +9 was a winner last night.  

LSU +3 (-115)(209) Louisiana State Tigers @ (210) Texas A&M

Washington State -3 (-105)(143) Washington Huskies @ (144) Washington ST Cougars

Texas -15 (-110)(125) Texas Longhorns @ (126) Kansas Jayhawks

Oklahoma -2.5 (-115)(141) Oklahoma Sooners @ (142) West Virginia Mountaineers

Michigan (#21) -4.5 (-110)(161) Michigan Wolverines @ (162) Ohio ST Buckeyes

edit to add:

Central Florida -15 (-110)(133) Central Florida @ (134) South Florida Bulls

Under 53 (-110)(123) Nebraska Cornhuskers @ (124) Iowa Hawkeyes

Oregon -18 (-110)(135) Oregon Ducks @ (136) Oregon State Beavers

Alabama -14.5 (-105)(227) Auburn Tigers @ (228) Alabama Crimson Tide

Edited by SDG

Rough start to the day for me.  Sam had the yips on that last drive before the half cost me 1 unit.  Then we couldn't recover a fucking onside kick two times in a row and those two penalties put Kansas in field goal range to score a last second field goal to push it over on my live bet which cost me 2 units.  So so far down 3 units for the day.  I'm giong back to bed. But not before I play Wash St -2.5 for 3 units.

17 hours ago, pops said:

First blush I agree, but I'll get Vegas is factoring in final game for their coach so there will be some emotion there and while it sounds like Sam will start how long does he play?  If it's 28-3 at half does Herman rest him up for the title game and Kansas gets a back door cover?

When it seems too easy it usually isn't. Except for when it is. 

Well, maybe not for the reasons you outlined...but glad I listened to you.  I wasn't going to serious money on it, but it was curious enough of a line to make me think about a friendly $20 or $50 with some KU fans that are in-laws.  Glad I didn't.  Wow.  Got ugly in a hurry.  

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

Rough start to the day for me.  Sam had the yips on that last drive before the half cost me 1 unit.  Then we couldn't recover a fucking onside kick two times in a row and those two penalties put Kansas in field goal range to score a last second field goal to push it over on my live bet which cost me 2 units.  So so far down 3 units for the day.  I'm giong back to bed. But not before I play Wash St -2.5 for 3 units.

Given my current streak you don't want to know that I love wazzu. I apologize in advance. 

Also taking wv moneyline. Fuck that midget right in the pussy. 

28 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Is there a reason the Washington State line is so close?   I’m taking them at -2.5 

Yes.  Wazzu has lost this game the last 5 years.  WSU has covered every game except 1 (Cal?) this year.