Drew Brees

Wally Pryor

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No, I don't want to disagree with everything you say, so you're wrong (again) there.   Surprisingly, I think we agree but it's the wording that's the issue. The key word is in your last sentence--supposedly--which was the entire point of my reply.  I'm not sure how you did not understand that. 

The rest of this conversation doesn't belong in a drew brees thread. 

Much of your post focused on disagreeing with my comments on the flag, and it's symbolism, but go ahead and remove supposedly. I'm not using it as an ambiguous maybe they do maybe they don't comment. I'm using it as a bit of sarcasm.  Our laws do provide/require equal protection regardless of race.  That some people, some police forces, and some companies don't abide by that was the unspoken gist of the comment.  

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

If Drew Brees is a bad guy now will people give back all the money he’s donated to charities?  Seems like the right thing to do.  Don’t want that tainted blood money from such a hateful person.

NonIssue now that Drew bowed down and kissed the ring.  He seems genuine in his apology.  I know there's a LOT of people that wish he stood his ground and even shouted ALL LIVES MATTER, but sadly for them Drew gets it and was smart enough to correct his mistake.  Not the time or the place for him to go off on the muh flag tangent.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

NonIssue now that Drew bowed down and kissed the ring.  He seems genuine in his apology.  I know there's a LOT of people that wish he stood his ground and even shouted ALL LIVES MATTER, but sadly for them Drew gets it and was smart enough to correct his mistake.  Not the time or the place for him to go off on the muh flag tangent.

I hear you loud and clear.  Just sucks that none of his teammates have his back on the good he’s done for his community.  You can criticize him for his statements if you disagree, but also point out the good work he’s done as a human being.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

If Drew Brees is a bad guy now will people give back all the money he’s donated to charities?  Seems like the right thing to do.  Don’t want that tainted blood money from such a hateful person.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Heheheheheheheheh. 

GeneralSadArachnid-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Should all the veteran organizations give back the money Kaepernick donated to them since he hates America? I know a lot of white people like to be willfully ignorant about what's really going on here but we're not going to allow you people to hijack this issue.

• Like 10
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

This. He’s been told that it’s not about disrespecting the flag or the country or soldiers but about calling attention to inequities that need to be redressed in this country. Surely he knows or was told that there are plenty of black grandfathers who fought under that flag and were greeted back home with dogs and hoses for sitting at a lunch counter. This has been debated for years now and here we are with him yet again claiming it’s disrespect and dismissing their stated intentions. Saying he “missed the mark” is vague as hell. And it’s hard to take him seriously since “the mark” has been stated over and over and over again since Kap first kneeled. This apology may be good enough to move forward peaceably in the locker room but I’m skeptical he truly gets it now after all these years.

Has he?  By Kaepernick's own words its about not showing pride in the flag of this country.  I agree a million people have spoken for Kaep since then and said it has nothing to with the disrespecting the flag, but he was pretty clear right from the get go that it was about the flag.

While I agree it was incredibly tone deaf by Brees, I still fail to see why someone can't disagree with than form of protest without being labeled a racist.

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Should all the veteran organizations give back the money Kaepernick donated to them since he hates America? I know a lot of white people like to be willfully ignorant about what's really going on here but we're not going to allow you people to hijack this issue.

Absolutely, they should.  You people lol.  Fuck you, man.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

36 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Has he?  By Kaepernick's own words its about not showing pride in the flag of this country.  I agree a million people have spoken for Kaep since then and said it has nothing to with the disrespecting the flag, but he was pretty clear right from the get go that it was about the flag.

While I agree it was incredibly tone deaf by Brees, I still fail to see why someone can't disagree with than form of protest without being labeled a racist.

Man where you been living, yer either with us or agin' us...

• Like 1

I hear you loud and clear.  Just sucks that none of his teammates have his back on the good he’s done for his community.  You can criticize him for his statements if you disagree, but also point out the good work he’s done as a human being.

I totally agree on there being a better way to handle criticizing him but overreaction is the order of the day.  And maybe overreaction is what's needed.  I'm just staying the fuck out of the way and supporting equality/fighting racial injustice however I can.  It can be things small and big.  I've got friends from back home who still want to characterize too many black people by the actions of a few...for me taking the time to have those conversations on why I don't think that's fair vs just being quiet in the past.  I have been pleasantly surprised by how those talks have gone, honestly.  Person to person chat vs online bullshit is always better.  But even forums like this can help if we listen and don't just yell over each other.  Hell, we all consider Slorch hard headed, but he even admitted he has learned a lot about police brutality being on this site, and that's pretty cool.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

They'll do it when you put your money where your mouth is and replace every dollar of his donations. Deal?

And by "YOU" people I'm referring to the Drew Brees of the world who bemoan about their grandfathers on the beaches of Normandy being disrespected when someone kneels yet many of them sat idly when Trump mocked a POW, mocked a Gold Star family and is currently mocking one of the most revered US generals in modern history. Can you one of you hypocrites explain this cognitive dissonance? 

f363e57d238154f4447d7a30ba137fdc.jpg

Yeah we are in a dark place if you think calling the President a POS shit for trashing POW's needs to be in the political forum.  Why everyone can't agree on that being complete bullshit is beyond me.  Argue politics in the politics forum - that's not politics - it's human decency. 

Edit: and I'm not arguing it would not devolve into a shitshow all over the forum, just saying it's fucking sad that's where we are

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 7

Pat mcafee brought up an interesting point about why it was such an asinine thing to say (at the time). A point that i never even considered for some reason. 

Every locker room had really tough conversations in 2016 because everyone needed to be on the same page as teammates. Every locker room has tons of guys who watch CNN and tons of guys who watch Fox News, but outside of locker rooms, there aren’t too many people that are forced to have some of those tough conversations, in person, with people you have to work with. Most people live in their own echo chamber and are friends with people that have similar political views. But not only was brees part of those conversations, you’d imagine he had to be a leader in those conversations. So he knew exactly what kaepernicks message was. 

AND nobody was even talking about this shit anymore. By mentioning it, it just reignited that conversation. So even after an apology, you have to wonder, did his brain just malfunction yesterday?

• Like 1

Drew Brees has brought more “meaning” and influence with his charitable dollars to NO, than the last two decades of Louisiana politicians COMBINED!

I lived in Louisiana from 95-2008, so I know first hand!
So have I, even though I have donated $0.
  • Like 1

Didn't Drew donate 5 million dollars in March to the state of Louisiana to feed low income families who were suffering throughout the pandemic? Now all of a sudden the cancel culture pitchfork mob wants him ran out of the NFL. Drew's comments can be considered tone deaf, but he has a right to his opinion.

• Like 4

Just now, Chad said:

Didn't Drew donate 5 million dollars in March to the state of Louisiana to feed low income families who were suffering throughout the pandemic? Now all of a sudden the cancel culture pitchfork mob wants him ran out of the NFL. Drew's comments can be considered tone deaf, but he has a right to his opinion.

And the people that heard his opinion have the right to trash him for it. No one is saying he can't speak on it.

And these are different times than in the past. Terrible timing and tone deaf in the midst of what is going on with so many emotional and on edge. And rich people throw money at stuff all the time. Does not change exactly how they feel, though. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And the people that heard his opinion have the right to trash him for it. No one is saying he can't speak on it.

And these are different times than in the past. Terrible timing and tone deaf in the midst of what is going on with so many emotional and on edge. And rich people throw money at stuff all the time. Does not change exactly how they feel, though. 

They do have a right to trash Drew and you're right times have changed, but certainly not for the better. If someone spews something vile they deserve what they get, Drew presented an unpopular opinion, not an incendiary opinion filled with hatred. He doesn't deserve to have his career end on account of that and that's very well what could happen if the cancel culture cause an outrage and his team mates refuse to play if he plays.

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Correct.

People need to think before engaging mouth. 
None of that happening from the top guy who should be leading.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

can't disagree.  for him not to realize comments about kneeling before games wouldn't be wrapped up with what's happening in america right now is crazy.  i love the guy on the field so i hope he really learns something from this.  i think being on a team with guys like jenkins and davis has to help in seeing why his views on this need to change.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

can't disagree.  for him not to realize comments about kneeling before games wouldn't be wrapped up with what's happening in america right now is crazy.  i love the guy on the field so i hope he really learns something from this.  i think being on a team with guys like jenkins and davis has to help in seeing why his views on this need to change.

By the time football starts, I think his comments will have died down. We live in a 24hrs news cycle and shit comes and go quickly. This issue will not be gone away by any means but his specific comments will not be a hot topic. Unless he says some other stuff. Players are not going to sabotage their own career to take a stand. Players were never going to quit or want to be traded over this. They were never going to cut Brees. Business will go on as usual with the Saints. I know many don't want to see that happen right now and want him crucified and hung but that isn't realistic. Especially Brees. Now if this was some joe blow guy, they'd cut him to make a message.

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I mean in the end, nothing was going to happen with those teammates. They all want to win and make money. That will trump taking a stand for most players, especially ones like Michael Thomas who just got paid a ton of money. 

CR Motherfucker!!!1!1!1!221

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MoJames said:

So am I racist for not giving a shit what Drew Brees thinks? Apparently I am after a discussion with a friend.

whoops GIF

And that is one of the biggest problems in our society today and as someone who leans left, it’s definitely coming from the left. This “if you don’t agree with me 100%, you’re a racist, homophobic, bigot” shit is ridiculous. Why would anyone have an honest conversation with you if they knew that’s how you might respond.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Tellus rips damn near every white person in the NFL.  Long thread.

Yet Tellus played for A&M where  so many students made racist, hate filled remarks in the last week that the university had to release this response :

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Chad said:

Yet Tellus played for A&M where  so many students made racist, hate filled remarks in the last week that the university had to release this response :

"Over the past week, we have been made aware of social media posts shared online of racist or offensive statements attributed to current or incoming Texas A&M students. We have brought all of these posts to the attention of Texas A&M officials so that they may be given Ag Tags and free memberships to TexAgs for life. WOOP!"