anybody tip the hotel cleaning staff?

52-80

On 11/20/2018 at 8:44 PM, Sgt Hulk said:

I don’t but I never thought to. It seems everything today is tippable. Only time i have was when I spent 6 weeks at a location and became friends with our cleaning staff. I left both ladies a bottle of bourbon each. I learned through our passing chats they enjoyed good bourbon 

You were raised in a barn.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:13 PM, llanoflash said:

i stayed over 200 days last year.. mostly holiday inn/staybridge/ types.

i must be hated all over the fucking place.

honestly never heard of this.

i feel sorta bad.

Only the surly elite who are ceo10k/day fuck 10s and bathe in unicorn tears do apparently 

Leave money under the pillows each night if the room will be changed. If not, leave a lump sum at the end of the stay. Tip the luggage guy. Tip the butler (if it's a place that has one). Factor this amount into each travel vacation.

Reading Shaggy threads, I realize I probably fall on the overtip part of things, but life is short and it's not a big deal 

• 10 months later...

If it's a multi-day stay, I leave a decent tip the first night and don't tip for a few days. I've found it pays off in little extra perks like an extra bottle of water or another shampoo if they see you using a lot of it. If a single day, then I leave a small tip.

I also leave a small tip in airport lounge showers if I use the shower, as they have to mop and dry it for the next person.