Mike Gundy solves college football's fake injury problems but not coronavirus or BLM

LTtxfan

Damn ya learn something new every time so they are just a touch more right than CNN is left.  and about on par with MSNBC.   I was really hoping for something crazy  oh well its 2020 nothing is off the table 
But I thought MSNBC and CNN were complete propaganda skewing fake news garbage? Now they're ho hum? I'm confused.

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, probably not the best time to replace an entire coaching staff, but certainly looks like that is a possibility here based on all the current and former player tweets. I don't know how either side would be ok moving forward otherwise.

Bobby Petrino is available.

Actually, he's not available, but he'd still leave Missouri State in a second for the chance at a P5 job, especially if you let him hire his own "support staff."

19 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, probably not the best time to replace an entire coaching staff, but certainly looks like that is a possibility here based on all the current and former player tweets. I don't know how either side would be ok moving forward otherwise.

As much as I would like to see their entire program implode, certainly there are many outcomes much more likely than the firing of their entire coaching staff. 

17 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

Gundy has a thousand OSU shirts to pick from and he chooses that one to wear?  Got to question his thought process.

"Can't wear any of the free shit I get from my employer, or anything plain. I need to wear the shirt from the network that has many easy-to-find videos calling BLM a "farce". This will have no negative repercussions at all given my job and the people I need to motivate to do that job."

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

This won't apply to every coach (i.e. Saban), but it's going to be weird for these coaches to have to start worrying about not offending their black players, instead of vice versa.

Not even Saban would get away with wearing an OAN shirt if he also had Gundy’s past quotes.  You’d have guys like LeBron start making phone calls then forget about it.  
Saban isn’t that dumb but if he did do something that idiotic they’d get hit hard too.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not even Saban would get away with wearing an OAN shirt if he also had Gundy’s past quotes.  You’d have guys like LeBron start making phone calls then forget about it.  
Saban isn’t that dumb but if he did do something that idiotic they’d get hit hard too.  

Yup. And Dabo wore kind of a dumb shirt recently (the "Football Matters" one - not as bad as this but still). But his players rallied to him because they genuinely believe he has their back. Gundy doesn't seem to inspire the same kind of belief.

Edited by texifornia

“And Hubbard isn’t just a great player. He’s beloved by his teammates. They appreciate his willingness to work hard and deflect praise. They saw how many times he carried the football last season, how he got banged up and how he never once complained about anything. That carries a ton of weight in the locker room.

Now, he’s saying something needs to CHANGE.

Hubbard was among the current players who lent their faces and voices to a video recently released calling for America to address issues of police brutality and systemic racism. Hubbard appeared along with fellow football players Landon Wolf, Dillon Stoner and Kolby Harvell-Peel. Also on the video were defensive coordinator Jim Knowles and offensive line coach Charlie Dickey as well as men’s basketball coach Mike Boynton.

But Hubbard was the closer.

“Black lives do matter,” he said in the final moments of the video, “and we will bring change together whether you’re with us or not.”

That video was released last Thursday.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/oklahoman.com/article/5664670/opinion-oklahoma-states-mike-gundy-can-wear-what-he-wants-but-as-ceo-of-cowboy-football-there-are-consequences/amp

• Like 1

What makes this even worse is the off-the-charts level of stupid, tone-deaf lack of awareness this conveys.  When you're a public figure, just don't do or say stuff that has zero upside and massive downside.  It's just dumb, like really really dumb.  If anything he needs to catch a lot of heat just for being a colossal dumbass.  

• Like 6

Holy shit. The replies to Chubba’s tweet are insane. A whole lot of “show me what’s wrong with OAN. Prove it!” 

And a good ole “your type” tweet thrown in. Stay classy, Oklahoma.

Raise your hand if your had a bingo space for an Oklahoman doesn’t understand how free speech works! 

Edited by Burt Macklin

I can’t jump into Gundy’s SOM when he decided to wear that T-shirt last week. I can infer a bit but honestly what is very telling is that since Hubbard tweeted today the response to him from former and current players has all been supportive (of Hubbard and his stance). I haven’t seen any of the players current or former come out in support of Gundy. Admittedly, he is the winningest HC in OSU’s history and so far the support is all for Hubbard and I think that speaks volumes. Hubbard is easily one of the top five RBs in the country and barring injury will be seen as such in the 2021 draft. He’s literally the most high profile football playerOSU has had in a while. 

2 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

No, going after someone for a wearing a news network teeshirt is ridiculous. Take a break from white knighting, you might just like how it feels. 

Jesus.

This has probably already been said (not going to read all past posts) but to even think that OAN is a news network shows how out of touch you are. Not saying you're a closet (or out of the closet) racist but that's some ignorant shit you're spewing.

Also, not to see the connection between OAN and BLM, is just, what, intentionally ignorant? 

Fucking christ man, go post on the aggy board.

Edited by Asithappens

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Holy shit. The replies to Chubba’s tweet are insane. A whole lot of “show me what’s wrong with OAN. Prove it!” 

And a good ole “your type” tweet thrown in. Stay classy, Oklahoma.

Their season would have sucked without him and he opted to come back.  Bet he’s regretting that decision 

also that chart is way off. and not whatever... "CNN is actually center right" or whatever thing, I mean that it has OAN totally out of wack with where they are on just the right side of the chart. They are far less of a news outfit than Fox.  If there is a left parallel it's something like TYT, but even that is not fair to TYT.

• Like 1