Mike Gundy solves college football's fake injury problems but not coronavirus or BLM

LTtxfan

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

WhY aRE tHeY sO oFfEnDeD

For context, she apparently is more of a Rachael Maddow show type in their evening programming. Don't think she would be considered one of their news anchors.

(Still really bad look but she's there for the "clicks/links/sound bytes" and not the news)

for entertainment purposes, and because Oklahoma State University is basically a football program with a college attached to it rather than an actual institute of higher learning, I really hope Gundy is not inclined to make a Drew Brees style Apology Tour

why couldn't this have happened to LSU, though

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Holy shit. The replies to Chubba’s tweet are insane. A whole lot of “show me what’s wrong with OAN. Prove it!” 

And a good ole “your type” tweet thrown in. Stay classy, Oklahoma.

Raise your hand if your had a bingo space for an Oklahoman doesn’t understand how free speech works! 

I get what you’re saying Burt.  Born in Lubbock and grew up in OKC...Rural folk in both states tend to lean pretty far right.  This really isn’t an OK vs Tx thing.  It probably lines up more with aggy in general having those type of fans.  
You all know OU sucks, but I guarantee they have far more ‘normal’ fans per capita vs texum aggy or okie aggy...

4 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Chuba probably didn’t know about OAN either.

Such a freaking slippery slope we’re falling into.

I'm curious, why exactly don't you feel like Chuba was aware of OAN? And are you saying his post is disingenuous? 

• Like 2

for entertainment purposes, and because Oklahoma State University is basically a football program with a college attached to it rather than an actual institute of higher learning, I really hope Gundy is not inclined to make a Drew Brees style Apology Tour
why couldn't this have happened to LSU, though

Because Orgeron kicks ass and is majority jacked

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Maybe he’s just up to speed on the one that says BLM is a farce...being that he headlined a lot of BLM videos with other Ok state athletes?  

Seriously. No I’m sure he just googled them this morning and got mad 🙄

Gundy needs to go. He’s already the worst recruiter in the conference. Now he’s been outed as supporting a pretty fucking racist organization. Fire his ass tomorrow and promote our new OC. He’ll be in over his head but fuck it. This “promising” season was ending in 8-4 anyway. Gundy would have fucked it up. Now he’s lowered our expectations to a reasonable level.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

And for all of you freaking out about Chuba "overreacting", well no shit, he's not "reacting" to the t-shirt at all. The t-shirt is an excuse to go public with a grudge but with Absolute Moral Authority. 

Based on the Twitter responses, especially from former players, the "grudge" seems to be related to Okie Lite having same issues as Iowa - the coaches constantly snapping at the black players with "I'll send you back to South Dallas" or telling them they look like "thugs" if they're not dressed a certain way, and not acting the same way towards the white players. The OAN shirt is just the cherry on top.

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Based on the Twitter responses, especially from former players, the "grudge" seems to be related to Okie Lite having same issues as Iowa - the coaches constantly snapping at the black players with "I'll send you back to South Dallas" or telling them they look like "thugs" if they're not dressed a certain way, and not acting the same way towards the white players. The OAN shirt is just the cherry on top.

Exactly up until "cherry on top"-- I think it's more like the pretext. But yes, Gundy pissed off some black players and blood is thicker than water, so this is their collective opportunity to exact revenge. 

27 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

also that chart is way off. and not whatever... "CNN is actually center right" or whatever thing, I mean that it has OAN totally out of wack with where they are on just the right side of the chart. They are far less of a news outfit than Fox.  If there is a left parallel it's something like TYT, but even that is not fair to TYT.

Yeah, that Media Bias chart probably could stand to be updated. They've moved WAY past Fox News.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Gundy needs to go. He’s already the worst recruiter in the conference. Now he’s been outed as supporting a pretty fucking racist organization. Fire his ass tomorrow and promote our new OC. He’ll be in over his head but fuck it. This “promising” season was ending in 8-4 anyway. Gundy would have fucked it up. Now he’s lowered our expectations to a reasonable level.

FTR, he was referencing OAN related to COVID a while back too. This is not new 

7 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Haven't they been looking for a reason to move on from Gundy anyways. This gives them cover to fire him for cause, maybe.

Just now, C-Man said:

Haven't they been looking for a reason to move on from Gundy anyways. This gives them cover to fire him for cause, maybe.

Had Tyreek Hill not ran back that punt in 2014 against Oklahoma, Gundy would have been gone when that season ended.

Instead, they beat OU in Norman, go to a bowl, and Gundy gets an extension.

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Gundy's a dead man walking.

A little investigation of his comments to players about dressing like thugs, sending them back to south Dallas, etc. leads to termination by the weekend.

OSU already had to walk back his COVID comments.  They have to be tired of his antics 

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Oh fuck off Tramel. I'm sure was just appeasing Traber who hates Gundy anyway for ignoring his calls. We may very well end up there, especially if there is some Iowa type shit going on, but it won't be by this weekend. I'm sure Gundy will at least meet with the players to hash it out. If he refuses that, then yeah maybe by the weekend.

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Upside is if they let him go they will likely owe him alone more than 20MM

the presumption is they're firing him for cause, so they don't owe him anything

I really doubt they'd be able to win a case proving so, when Gundy sues, but the only way the hypothetical actually makes sense is if you assume the firing is for cause

it's a pretty mean t-shirt, you never know 

2 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

so is Chuba really offended by this or is he posturing to get a transfer to somewhere else?

In the portal era, yada.

Aside from that, he came back for this season instead of declaring.  He probably gets taken in the first 3 rounds had he gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

so is Chuba really offended by this or is he posturing to get a transfer to somewhere else?

What? He could have gone and made himself a lot of money in the Draft if he didn't like Okie Lite. I think that he doesn't like that his coach, who's already seemed to have had a rocky relationship with some black players, is supporting conspiracy theories and dogwhistle shit like OAN.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

In the portal era, yada.

Aside from that, he came back for this season instead of declaring.  He probably gets taken in the first 3 rounds had he gone.

People forget he chose to come back. “It’s just a grudge” or “posturing to transfer” make no sense as an argument. He could have just gone pro and actually get paid instead. 

• Like 3