Mike Gundy solves college football's fake injury problems but not coronavirus or BLM

LTtxfan

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Typically dumb responses here from some of the usual suspects.

Any fan base should be upset at their head coach if he wears any politically charged shirt out and about town. Why the hell can't he just wear an Oklahoma State shirt, a Nike shirt, or something general and bland? It's just dumb.

I'd think it's a dumb move if I saw Herman or any Texas coach wearing anything controversial at any time. Tom Herman has given video interviews about a highly charged topic right now, but regardless of his stance on the issue(s) he has been wearing a Texas Longhorn shirt in each one. For the march to the Capitol it was a black shirt, but it was a Longhorn shirt with a Longhorn logo and that's it.

It's not very difficult.

Gundy is older than 21.  He's from an era where Americans didn't lose their job for their TV viewership.

America has flat out gone nuts and incredibly intolerant.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Bobby_Batronic said:

Or, people can get a life and respect his personal free time.

It only got noticed because Chuba Hubbard called it out. It isn't like the general public jumped on him. Don't piss off your players with your public political statement is not a high bar if you want to fly under the radar as a coach.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Or, people can get a life and respect his personal free time.

He's the second highest paid public employee in the State of Oklahoma, and is a 24/7 ambassador to the university.  As bad as this sounds, he doesn't get personal free time in the day and age of nearly everyone who crosses his path is wielding a HD camera, microphone and a social media account of some note.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yes, we should all be more tolerant of bigotry disguised as conservatism.

It's weird. Where was all this conservative anger towards intolerance when people were asking to be treated as equal for, oh the past 160 years. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bartles said:

Wow, they got the black guy to apologize for not keeping it in the house

Textbook abusive relationship plays out before the eyes of the nation

Well players do need lessons on the dangers of social media, even texting.  See Jake Fromm.

If you've got a problem, its better to talk in person than to tweet or e-mail or text a threat.

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, bullet said:

Its a whole lot closer to news than the Clown News Network or MSN.

You are a very smart human. You know words and can type them. And with witty new names for teevee channels! 

I look forward to your future contributions to this discussion. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yes, God help a hypothetical football coach who, as a high profile individual, decides to make an overt political statement that he knows will piss off the majority of his roster, the players he is recruting, and the student body of the school he coaches at, as well as the majority of alumni for any school outside SECSECSEC country.

The first amendment establishes protection of the freedom of speech from restriction by the state. It means fuck all when it comes to blowback from your fellow citizens. Freedom of speech is not freedom from reaction, criticism, or consequences. So in the same way NFL fans were within their rights to burn jerseys and curse Kaepernick's name, and teams were even within their rights to not sign him due to his actions, this hypothetical football coach would be very much inviting whatever criticism came his way after making a conscious decision to make a political statement.

Take your victim complex back to texags.

Let's be real.  Most people don't know OAN exists.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, bullet said:

Let's be real.  Most people don't know OAN exists.

Doesn't stop it being a rock stupid idea to wear the shirt. It's making a statement that his team would obviously hate once literally anyone made the connection. 

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Do the NCAA and coaches get a life and respect the personal free time of the unpaid young black men they get rich off of?

Accountability for thee but not for me!

I’m pretty sure they’re not tracking them down and publicly calling them out every time they do something the coach disagrees with or is stupid. Which is a lot for 18-21 year old kids. 

Btw, they’re getting paid. 

25 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He's the second highest paid public employee in the State of Oklahoma, and is a 24/7 ambassador to the university.  As bad as this sounds, he doesn't get personal free time in the day and age of nearly everyone who crosses his path is wielding a HD camera, microphone and a social media account of some note.

That’s BS imoho.  I think thou protesteth too much of his great sin is wearing a shirt with the logo of a conservative tilted news network most have never heard of to go fishing on his free time. That’s out of hand. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

That’s BS imoho.  I think thou protesteth too much of his great sin is wearing a shirt with the logo of a conservative tilted news network most have never heard of to go fishing on his free time. That’s out of hand. 

Way to look over the total tone deafness that it revealed and was borne out through all the former players talking about the general sprinkling of light racism around the Okie Lite football program.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It only got noticed because Chuba Hubbard called it out. It isn't like the general public jumped on him. Don't piss off your players with your public political statement is not a high bar if you want to fly under the radar as a coach.

Or players can respect a that a coach can have political beliefs and stances different than their own, and the only thing that matters is whether that coach treats them with dignity and respect otherwise. It’s asinine that anyone has to completely support the political bent of college kids or be publicly excoriated for it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Way to look over the total tone deafness that it revealed and was borne out through all the former players talking about the general sprinkling of light racism around the Okie Lite football program.

You’re gonna have to forgive if I haven’t been reading twitter all day to see what some Okie St players thought of their time there. 

What were their specific grievances?

4 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

You’re gonna have to forgive if I haven’t been reading twitter all day to see what some Okie St players thought of their time there. 

What were their specific grievances?

A few of the responses are here: https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/football/2020/6/15/21292004/oklahoma-state-cowboys-football-chuba-hubbard-mike-gundy-oan-shirt-reactions-big-12-2020

9 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

You do realize the President of OSU and the AD have both came out today and all but condemned Gundy in name, right?

His circle of friends and supporters is shrinking by the hour, despite the hostage video he made just a bit ago.   But by all means, continue on with your opinion.  By this time tomorrow, there will be even fewer that share them with you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So nothing anyone cares to air in public then other than one player being threatened justly or unjustly to be sent home?  Ok. 

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You do realize the President of OSU and the AD have both came out today and all but condemned Gundy in name, right?

His circle of friends and supporters is shrinking by the hour, despite the hostage video he made just a bit ago.   But by all means, continue on with your opinion.  By this time tomorrow, there will be even fewer that share them with you.

Ok. Cool. Hookem. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

He wasn’t bragging on anything. The fishing service posted his picture and didn’t tag or identify him. They pulled the picture after the mayhem started. Even money the fishing service didn’t know what the shirt was about. I thought it was a radio station when I first saw the news break. 

You know what you do when you're being incognito? You stay out of pictures. He's unaware that people that he does business with might use his name and likeness to promote their work?

He doesn't see anything wrong with it and that's the point. 

• Like 1

His great sin is completely ignoring the concerns of his players and recruits, which adversely affects his ability to be successful on his job that he's paid millions for. The T-shirt is merely the way that he reflected that sin.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It's been hilarious watching some of y'all, who typically hate Gundy/love making fun of OSU & their Mullet Mikey Marauder, spin your way through this.  

I can get you a shortcut if you need it.  OSU, Gundy, and OAN all represent the absolute worst of America.  We'll be better off when they are all gone from this place. 

Go fuck yourself. Or maybe I should be more specific. Please grab a large, rusty, metal spoon and shove it up your ass with great force. Fucking prick.

• Like 2

Look, those (unpaid) young black men just need to shut up and get CTE for my (white) entertainment and the wallets of those rich (white) guys. Just shut their mouths and injure themselves and others for sport.

Also, they need to realize that it's OK for their coach to support outlets that celebrate the systematic oppression of their people.
Just shut up, hurt yourself, get permanent brain damage, and thank me for the privilege!

ef532b6c3ebda90a886eca7902ba35aa.png.ff2fd3973715b355af954a602529e317.png
Will you watch college football in September? If you do you are also part of the problem. You should stand firm and preach on a Saturday you will never ever watch another football game. Be strong bad teammate.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Go fuck yourself. Or maybe I should be more specific. Please grab a large, rusty, metal spoon and shove it up your ass with great force. Fucking prick.

Oh calm down, Barbara.  You and I usually agree on most things.  I just got jammed up on first blush because the way people up your way were handling it.  There's all kinds of good wake up calls happening all around the nation right now.  Some of us and our beloved institutions are just going to play a deeper role and it's gonna sting for a bit but we're all gonna be better for it.  You know I like Stillwater, we've talked about this before.  Gundy didn't help himself with that video apology, but we'll see.  We've miles to go before we sleep.  Keep up the good fight this weekend in Tulsa.  I'll see you in Stillwater this November.  Covid-19 and ability to land a SWA bird there, pending.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh calm down, Barbara.  You and I usually agree on most things.  I just got jammed up on first blush because the way people up your way were handling it.  There's all kinds of good wake up calls happening all around the nation right now.  Some of us and our beloved institutions are just going to play a deeper role and it's gonna sting for a bit but we're all gonna be better for it.  You know I like Stillwater, we've talked about this before.  Gundy didn't help himself with that video apology, but we'll see.  We've miles to go before we sleep.  Keep up the good fight this weekend in Tulsa.  I'll see you in Stillwater this November.  Covid-19 and ability to land a SWA bird there, pending.  

Your original schtick was that any school below 25 on US News was a community college. And now you just equated the existence of OSU with the existence of OAN. Trolls will always dominate comment sections and social media, but if you're paying attention, you'll find plenty of fans and alumni supporting the players and expressing real frustration with Gundy after this and the covid shit he said a few months ago. Oh, and those players tweeting about this are all OSU people. So forgive me for continuing to think you're a fucking prick.

Yes, we should all be more tolerant of bigotry disguised as conservatism.

Yes, like Joe Biden and his photos and support of Robert Byrd the KKK member and Senate Leader.
Gone with the Wind? Depiction of southern democrats to the !970’s.
Yeah OAN is the devil.
CNN, LSDNBC is straight up truth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Fuck You 18

'stache-----Glad to hear y'all are coming down on the right side of history.  Dude, it's a UT-centric website populated by make-believe people, of course we're gonna talk shit about other schools academically...particularly when you guys have owned us on the field the last 10 years.  What'd you think we were gonna do, sit back and take it?  But this is a different time and I hope y'all make strides.  The whole Big XII needs to given the history of many of our schools/states.  Yes, I'm a prick, but that doesn't excuse Gundy for being tone-deaf.  Onward through the fog and fuck OAN.  

Edited by Lobo

Yes, like Joe Biden and his photos and support of Robert Byrd the KKK member and Senate Leader.
Gone with the Wind? Depiction of southern democrats to the !970’s.
Yeah OAN is the devil.
CNN, LSDNBC is straight up truth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is it painful to be so stupid that you thought these would be relevant points in this thread?
  • Like 1