Mike Gundy solves college football's fake injury problems but not coronavirus or BLM

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Another way of phrasing this is that the black players won't get treated differently than white players when they both wear what they wear at home and listen to their favorite music.

Yes, your description is a lot easier on the eyes/ears for those that struggle to see the bottom line.

3rd policy change listed by Gottlieb should help with the defense of “The Eyes”, what the sagging pants means to these young men is far different than that of its origin/introduction.

Change is inevitable folks & if it helps, let’s remember when our bedrooms & locker rooms where initially banned from the “Devil” & “Highway to Hell”.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

If you want to enforce rules like this, you have to some sense of style, Mike. You don't get to dress like it's still 1993 with an ironic haircut.

That is pretty funny. Gundy out there forcing his players to tone down any traces of their blackness in his presence while peacocking around with his dumbass Arkansas Waterfall haircut.

• Like 8

Ton of OSU players now saying on twitter that those were not their demands.  Doug "let me offer the white man's perspective" Gottlieb may have gotten this one wrong, which is not surprising.   Reading Chuba's statement from earlier today, which was incredibly well thought out and impressive, it should have been clear that the players' demands were not going to be this shallow.  

I do think Gundy had a no du-rag rule, which is pretty stupid.  

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

So you're saying in the Mike Gundy-Chuba Hubbard relationship that concern for the other's future career implications should be basically the top thing on their mind?

It's like rain on your wedding day.

That’s not what he said. 

• Like 1

STILLWATER, OK—Condemning the choice to promote such a blatantly bigoted organization, the entire Oklahoma State football team announced their intention Tuesday to boycott the season after Coach Mike Gundy was seen wearing an NCAA shirt. “The NCAA logo represents the very exploitation and racial injustice so many of us are fighting against, and it’s disgusting that Coach Gundy would promote them,” said running back Chuba Hubbard, who claimed every single player had vowed to take a stand and sit out the upcoming season unless Gundy changed the culture that would allow such a vile display of hatred. “We feel betrayed. With everything going on, it’s just unacceptable to not understand the oppression the NCAA stands for. We are working every day to bring about change in this world, and yet the person who leads us is so clueless that he goes and wears a shirt that might as well say, ‘I like racism.’ Until Coach Gundy can show he understands what the NCAA stands for, we will not be suiting up.” At press time, the team had also vowed not to resume play until Oklahoma State disassociated itself from the state of Oklahoma.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

None of this is even close to what I said. Gundy can speak on politics all he wants. I don’t have a problem with it, but he’s not free from the consequences of his position.  
He’s openly supporting a network (in press conferences and wearing that shirt in public) that actively undermines his players. Their can be consequences with players and recruits who find his support of such a network insulting and problematic.  This shouldn’t be difficult to comprehend, but there’s clearly no point in discussing it with you more because you’re just creating strawmen. 

I'm glad you realized this.  It's too bad.  He seems to have a lot of opinions, seems like he's informed on the subject, and can string a coherent sentence together.  If he wasn't so intent on being the internet tough guy contrarian, I would have liked to have seen a debate between the two of you.  If someone refused to admit a coach of young black men supporting OAN is at least problematic, there's really no point continuing.   

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

What a bullshit tweet by Gottlieb. And I like him ordinarily.

Me too.  You know, it's like, it's like, I'll tell you what it's like.  It's like if you were going to....(continues on in a 4 minute analogy that nobody needed because the fucking thing you're discussing is not that complicated!).

Anybody else bothered by Doug's insistence on doing stupid ass analogies to explain shit a 12 year old already understands?  

Doug Gottleib fucking sucks. He's learned that he can get a lot of attention on Twitter with hot takes and bullshit. It's all about those clicks. 

He's a younger version of Dan Dakich who also fucking sucks. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

You're exaggerating a bit.  Unfortunately, you're only exaggerating a bit.  It's definitely lopsided.  

Ah, ag schools - generally such a fun crowd. But if you bring up politics or if they're your rival shit gets weird quick.

Except aggy. They start weird and get weirder.

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Comments were about what you'd expect from Landthief aggy.

Holy moley, some of those comments.

I had never watched OAN, and had no idea I even had it on Directv.  But after some trumpsucking presser where they lobbbed him numerous softballs, I decided to find it an tune in.  Dear god, the fact that it isn't a parody news show is mindboggling.  

6 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

No, I’m saying it’s a chickenshit way to handle things with people you know and interact with, and doubly so when you consider the possible implications for the man’s career over a fishing shirt. Not a even a shirt with something incendiary on it. 

Strongly worded note pinned to his gate would have been ok IMO

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

If you wore that OSU shirt in the first place, you wouldn't have had to make the statement.

Ok then. I can believe that he hadn't heard the BLM shit that network had been spewing. And I really don't have a choice. Unless he does some more stupid shit I just hope he can overcome the negative recruiting. He should be heading towards retirement anyway.

1 minute ago, pwinger said:

Have they posted an update to the list of acceptable t-shirts that can be worn at the stadiums yet? 

I just want to make sure I don't offend any of the players or fans.

It's literally: "if you're a public figure, be ready for backlash if you wear political shit". 

Pretty much the same as it's always been, just intensified.

2 minutes ago, pwinger said:

Have they posted an update to the list of acceptable t-shirts that can be worn at the stadiums yet? 

Don't wear anything overly racist, like an OAN shirt.

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Considering you helped draw the original U.S. Borders, I am perfectly fine with you sporting that cap, good sir.  You remain an American Patriot in the best sense of the term. 

That hat was given to me by a friend whose son was briefly in the BP, but went into the DEA because he thought too many in the BP were corrupt. Frying pan into the fire, IMO.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 5:37 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

And for all of you freaking out about Chuba "overreacting", well no shit, he's not "reacting" to the t-shirt at all. The t-shirt is an excuse to go public with a grudge but with Absolute Moral Authority. 

you seem to be sublimating 

On 6/15/2020 at 5:54 PM, texifornia said:

tenor.gif

Swandered is being pretty passive aggressive, but he won't come out and say what he's thinking

methinks phlegm was right

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pwinger said:

The thing is, if you have to consider, or think about it.... don't.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1