Mike Gundy solves college football's fake injury problems but not coronavirus or BLM

LTtxfan

16 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I haven't heard that either. I don't think they hate me for my skin, they want to change things that I don't think needs to be changed. 

In David's post they talk about destroying the nuclear family and make them "villages". I don't think that's a good at all. 

That’s fair. That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to your opinion. But I’m almost afraid to ask. Are you saying you don’t believe in the changes like taking down statues of confederate leaders, or dropping the eyes of Texas? If so, I agree, but i also don’t care. I’m not passionate enough to say “I won’t stand for this.” 

But if you don’t believe systemic racism still exists in 2020, then I don’t know what to tell you. And if you don’t see how wearing an OAN shirt could potentially hurt your ability to recruit black athletes...

Edited by youdunnf'dup

17 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I haven't heard that either. I don't think they hate me for my skin, they want to change things that I don't think needs to be changed. 

In David's post they talk about destroying the nuclear family and make them "villages". I don't think that's a good at all. 

Can you provide a link to that? I quickly skimmed the website in DD's last post (https://blacklivesmatter.com/) and didnt see that language. not saying its not there, just want to read the language for myself. If its in one of the videos, I aint got time for that that right now, but will check it out later. 

Edited by Blotto

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Can you provide a link to that? I quickly skimmed the website in DD's last post (https://blacklivesmatter.com/) and didnt see that language. not saying its not there, just want to read the language for myself. If its in one of the videos, I aint got time for that that right now, but will check it out later. 

This isn't just a BLM concept.  This was The Atlantic's cover story a couple of months ago: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/03/the-nuclear-family-was-a-mistake/605536/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s fair. That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to your opinion. But I’m almost afraid to ask. Are you saying you don’t believe in the changes like taking down statues of confederate leaders, or dropping the eyes of Texas? If so, I agree, but i also don’t care. I’m not passionate enough to say “I won’t stand for this.” 

But if you don’t believe systemic racism still exists in 2020, then I don’t know what to tell you. And if you don’t see how wearing an OAN shirt could potentially hurt your ability to recruit black athletes...

To your fist question, the second one I can't see it being racist, but others can and making athletes sing it is dumb.

I will agree wearing anything political, especially today will get you black balled with people, so that will hamper his job.

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Can you provide a link to that? I quickly skimmed the website in DD's last post (https://blacklivesmatter.com/) and didnt see that language. not saying its not there, just want to read the language for myself. If its in one of the videos, I aint got time for that that right now. 

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

17 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Yes, they only want police brutality to stop. That's thier only goal.

The only one they are going to get much traction on and the main one their supporters agree on.

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

I don't think that is a requirement that uncles and aunts cannot care for their family members or that you cannot live in some kind of family group which in fact westerners have done and still do. So their attempt to disrupt this non-existant imaginary requirement is unlikely to achieve much.

Edited by Valmy77

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m confused by what you mean in your run on sentence, but you still never answered my question. Explain to me, in detail, why black lives matter “sucks”. Let me guess, your echo chamber has told you they’re thugs and they’re no different than nazis. 

Then explain why black gun owners of America should stand next to BLM protesters and tell them why “they’re” feelings are hurt.

Your post made no fucking sense, but again, why would anyone be surprised by that.

Also I feel bad about my post that this answered. I'm sorry about that.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

This isn't just a BLM concept.  This was The Atlantic's cover story a couple of months ago: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/03/the-nuclear-family-was-a-mistake/605536/

Someone is going to have to give me a different definition for nuclear family. when I looked up said it's simply a mother and father and children living under one Roof. Is there something wrong with that? Or is there an alternative definition that I am missing somehow?

5 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Someone is going to have to give me a different definition for nuclear family. when I looked up said it's simply a mother and father and children living under one Roof. Is there something wrong with that? Or is there an alternative definition that I am missing somehow?

The idea is we all need to pull together more as an extended clan. Supporting each other against all the challenges of life. My family has always kind of been like that.

But many people hate their family so expecting them to all to get along with their cousins is asking a lot. I don't know. If you want to have that kind of thing going I don't see how it is a western requirement that you not do so. But what do I know? 

Edited by Valmy77

That's a long ass article, but I also know that the "nuclear family" focus has resulted in unwarranted criticism and negativity to single family households and any other type of family set-up that works for many.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That's a long ass article, but I also know that the "nuclear family" focus has resulted in unwarranted criticism and negativity to single family households and any other type of family set-up that works for many.

Well if true that is fair enough.

People do sometimes give me crap for living with my mother-in-law, but generally that is just for mother-in-law jokes.

2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

If you read the statement you posted in the second quote and come up with the interpretation you have in the first post, I think we all have a much better idea of relative suckage between your reading comprehension and BLM goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

If you read the statement you posted in the second quote and come up with the interpretation you have in the first post, I think we all have a much better idea of relative suckage between your reading comprehension and BLM goals.

What does the word "disrupt" mean then? 

It's not saying building a better one.

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

What does the word "disrupt" mean then? 

It's not saying building a better one.

First, start reading a full sentence. This is a critical step. Once you do that, you can see that they want to disrupt the nuclear family requirement, not the actual family. They are saying the want to augment structure where the traditional nuclear family is not there, by offering further support as a village. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

First, start reading a full sentence. This is a critical step. Once you do that, you can see that they want to disrupt the nuclear family requirement, not the actual family. They are saying the want to augment structure where the traditional nuclear family is not there, by offering further support as a village. 

True but such nuance makes it harder to say "they're all bad" so...

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

First, start reading a full sentence. This is a critical step. Once you do that, you can see that they want to disrupt the nuclear family requirement, not the actual family. They are saying the want to augment structure where the traditional nuclear family is not there, by offering further support as a village

Workswithseed read only 'It takes a village' before raising his hand.  Sadly, the full sentence was 'It takes a village idiot'.  Reading parts of sentences...Small issue that leads to big problems. 

You don't need to disrupt the nuclear family to do that. You gonna tell me that?

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Workswithseed read only 'It takes a village' before raising his hand.  Sadly, the full sentence was 'It takes a village idiot'.  Reading parts of sentences...Small issue that leads to big problems. 

When I raised my hand, I then pointed at you and said "that sounds like him!"

40 minutes ago, Scholz said:

True but such nuance makes it harder to say "they're all bad" so...

Whose all bad?

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You don't need to disrupt the nuclear family to do that. You gonna tell me that?

OK, fess up. Is this a bit or are you really this dense? I will again quote the passage (that you typed or pasted):

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

I bolded a word for you, one that you keep skipping for some weird totally-not-prejudiced reason. To be super super duper clear, they are not stating they want to disrupt the nuclear family. They are trying to disrupt the requirement for a nuclear family. As certain posters love to post, the amount of kids raised in non-nuclear (e.g. two parent) households is lower in black families relative to rest of population. As such, they want to increase awareness / acceptance / opportunity for other parts of society to help.

Is this now clear to you or are you clinging to the notion that BLM wants to "destroy" the nuclear family?

• Like 2

OK, fess up. Is this a bit or are you really this dense? I will again quote the passage (that you typed or pasted):

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

I bolded a word for you, one that you keep skipping for some weird totally-not-prejudiced reason. To be super super duper clear, they are not stating they want to disrupt the nuclear family. They are trying to disrupt the requirement for a nuclear family. As certain posters love to post, the amount of kids raised in non-nuclear (e.g. two parent) households is lower in black families relative to rest of population. As such, they want to increase awareness / acceptance / opportunity for other parts of society to help.

Is this now clear to you or are you clinging to the notion that BLM wants to "destroy" the nuclear family?

I didn't know it was a requirement.

What’s the standard?

Joe Biden from the 1993 Senate confirmation hearing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg talking about the Confederacy.

BIDEN: “The senator made a very moving and eloquent speech as a Son of the Confederacy, acknowledging that it was time to change and yield to a position that Senator Carol Moseley Braun raised on the floor of the Senate not granting a federal charter to a (sic) organization made up of many fine people who continue to display the Confederate flag.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, thirtyand0 said:

What’s the standard?

Joe Biden from the 1993 Senate confirmation hearing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg talking about the Confederacy.

BIDEN: “The senator made a very moving and eloquent speech as a Son of the Confederacy, acknowledging that it was time to change and yield to a position that Senator Carol Moseley Braun raised on the floor of the Senate not granting a federal charter to a (sic) organization made up of many fine people who continue to display the Confederate flag.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And let’s not forget about Hillary!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

How did this not come up before?

How can he survive this?

In this environment, he doesn't.

Years ago when no one gave a damn it wouldn't have caused a ripple.  Today it does but not a ripple, but a tidal wave, and rightfully so.  About damned time.

• Like 2

I’m still pissed at Gundy but this is the first I’ve read about 1989 and yet again I find it difficult to imagine a player saying that openly on a field where most of his own teammates are black yet only the opposition hears it. He denied it immediately at the time so don’t leave that part of the article out. And we’re now taking the word of characters of Bill McCartneys teams? If some of his own teammates from the era start saying this stuff, well then, he’s fucked. I get the sense it isn't over.

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’m still pissed at Gundy but this is the first I’ve read about 1989 and yet again I find it difficult to imagine a player saying that openly on a field where most of his own teammates are black yet only the opposition hears it. He denied it immediately at the time so don’t leave that part of the article out. And we’re now taking the word of characters of Bill McCartneys teams? If some of his own teammates from the era start saying this stuff, well then, he’s fucked. I get the sense it isn't over.

If it was one player from Colorado sure. It's multiple players saying it happened. 

I'm going to guess it's just a matter of time for others to confirm it. 

17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

If it was one player from Colorado sure. It's multiple players saying it happened. 

I'm going to guess it's just a matter of time for others to confirm it. 

I want to hear it from his own teammates directly. If he was throwing that word around to multiple CU players one of his own teammates would have heard it and that word isn’t exactly something you brush off simply because he’s on your side.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I’m still pissed at Gundy  well then, he’s fucked. I get the sense it isn't over.

of course it isn't.  he dared to have his own opinion.  He still needs to grovel to his detractors six or five times..

This is the way.

LMFAO at Alfred Williams and his "me too' claims 30 years later.  Really?

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2