Mike Gundy solves college football's fake injury problems but not coronavirus or BLM

LTtxfan

He needs to just say he had gotten dressed in the dark in order to not awaken his wife, and did not realize he was wearing an OAN shirt when he left his house.

Spoiler

STILLWATER, Okla. -- A judge has dismissed most of a lawsuit filed by a contractor who said he was fired by Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy after showing up to work at the coach's house wearing an Oklahoma Sooners T-shirt.

Brent Loveland sued Gundy in 2011 for breach of contract and emotional distress, saying Gundy became irate and fired him over the rival school's shirt.

Gundy denied the allegation and said Loveland was hired on a day-to-day basis and could be fired at any time.

Associate District Judge Louis Duel last week sided with Gundy and dismissed the lawsuit and ordered the two sides to mediation to determine what -- if any -- money is owed to Loveland for any work he performed at Gundy's home. Duel ordered the two to mediation to determine what, if any, amount of money Gundy owes Loveland for work he did perform.

Documents filed in the case show that Loveland is asking for more than $41,400 in damages.

Gundy's attorney, William Baker, declined to discuss the case Wednesday.

"I think it's premature to make comments until this matter is completely settled," Baker said.

Loveland's attorney did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

The lawsuit alleged that Gundy cursed Loveland after seeing him wearing the shirt that bearing the words "Oklahoma Baseball."

Loveland said in his lawsuit that he had gotten dressed in the dark in order to not awaken his wife, and did not realize he was wearing an Oklahoma shirt when he went to Gundy's home.

The elephant in the luxury suites is how beloved Gundy is and will continue to be among their fans and donors. It's not just an OK State problem either, I wish today's players would start asking hard questions about the general racial environment that sustains so many top programs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

He watches a certain news channel? Jesus Christ, who gives a shit. 

It’s not news. For example they broadcast garbage stats attempting to justify a premise that police violence against black people isn’t that bad. I can see why some black players would think his support for that kind of crap is offensive 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

The players are absolutely right on this, and Mike Gundy is a dumb ass if he thinks OAN is a refreshing source of news. 

Says the guy who is proud to announce he is a KKK supporter.  Jesus, what is fucking wrong with you?

The Texas Board of Regents voted unanimously Thursday to change the name of Simkins Residence Hall, a University of Texas at Austin dormitory named after a man prominent in the Ku Klux Klan in the 1800s, the state university system said.

Edited by Longhorn
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 10

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The best offensive/defensive players on his team.

Look, those (unpaid) young black men just need to shut up and get CTE for my (white) entertainment and the wallets of those rich (white) guys. Just shut their mouths and injure themselves and others for sport.

Also, they need to realize that it's OK for their coach to support outlets that celebrate the systematic oppression of their people.

Just shut up, hurt yourself, get permanent brain damage, and thank me for the privilege!

ef532b6c3ebda90a886eca7902ba35aa.png

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

As opposed to the completely unbiased CNN or MSNBC shirt in his drawer?

You only care if people are “woke” against the networks that don’t meet your bias. Not the network who misrepresents police killing stats and asks if eating Chinese food is racist. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

When I see stuff like this I like to imagine the physique and physical/mental toughness of the Internet poster vs the physique and physical/mental toughness of the athlete they are calling a snowflake.

lol

That’s something an unwoke poster would post

back to gundy, what happens when a teams walks out on a coach ? Any chance he can talk his way out of this with the team ?

5 minutes ago, Majorcholas said:

As a society we have completely moved on from being able to disagree.  You have to be Stalin or hitler if your opinion is different than mine.  

Gundy’s role is to mentor these young men and protect them from just being another statistic.

All he seemingly cares about is using them to make cash for OSU to pay his contract.  Because if he cared, he wouldn’t have made his COVID comments or worn a shirt for a network that misrepresents statistics and lies about the BLM movement. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Players are starting to use their platforms to be heard on topics affecting themselves and their communities. The mix of sports and CR is now the norm. Deal with it or get a new hobby where you don't have to hear what black kids think about their status in society.

No, going after someone for a wearing a news network teeshirt is ridiculous. Take a break from white knighting, you might just like how it feels. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Poe It Up said:

No, going after someone for a wearing a news network teeshirt is ridiculous. Take a break from white knighting, you might just like how it feels. 

Like I said, if the opinions of athletes upset you so much, maybe find a hobby that doesn't involve athletes who have opinions.

• Like 1