Any Family Members Ever Play College or Pro Sports?

Vic Mackey

Brother in law ran track at Baylor back in the late 90s/early 2000s, but left in late 2001 to join the Marines in 2002. He was stationed in Kuwait and Afghanistan. Served for years, then went to med school and graduated with his M.D. from UT Southwestern. 

He has rejoined the military and is currently stationed in California as a military doctor for the Navy.

Knees, back, and shoulders are absolutely shot. I also have what I fear may be the effects of repeated head injuries. I was only diagnosed with one concussion ever- in the 8thgrade (1996)- but I've had many, many more than that. 
Damn you're not much older than me. 8th grade for me was 98-99. Sucks that you have those types of issues at that age. St least if you went pro, you got a paycheck out of it.

https://www.wtamu.edu/student-life/jones-hall.aspx

Great granddad played for, coached and then served as the dean at West Texas State then WTATM (way before they were associated with aggy). 

Best quote was during a game when a DB came up to him complaining that he kept getting beat, to which my GGD responded "well why don't you take your thumb out of your ass and cover the son of a bitch".

Still have a 1962 Sun Bowl watch in the family that I plan to inherit at some point. Usually the dean wouldn't receive a watch - but he fought the NCAA on providing lodging for player's wives and/or newborns in additon to the players and won. 

On 11/24/2018 at 12:28 AM, Junior Miller said:

I played futbol in la liga and the bundisliga among others. Much younger Brother played college basketball and a year and half in nba.

The fact that you misspelled Bundesliga makes me doubt this. 

Not to mention I find it hard to believe anyone here played first-league soccer in Europe.

So as others have said, stories please.

I have a lot of typos and errors since I use voice to text on my phone exclusively for anything on here. I'm not American and I wasn't a big time player for Barcelona or Madrid or Bayern or anything like that. Just a mostly lower division career that played for teams that got promoted a few times. Whether you believe or not isnt my concern so do what you wish. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SlingeroGuitaro said:

Knees, back, and shoulders are absolutely shot. I also have what I fear may be the effects of repeated head injuries. I was only diagnosed with one concussion ever- in the 8thgrade (1996)- but I've had many, many more than that. 

Its crazy what the shit can do to ya. All of my ailments came after the game but I have a feeling my powerlifting days will come back to haunt me soon.

Watched the Ronnie Coleman story on Netflix and the years of heavy lifting has him fuckered pretty good.

I hope nothing else pops up on you from the glory days.