Top Chef: Kentucky

spystud13

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty damn good first episode, dug the W/P/S theme. 

Thought for sure Blondie was going home first simply because she got so much TV time early. 

This Eddie Konrad cat has been on another cooking show I’ve seen, but can’t for the life of me remember which. Maybe Beat Bobby Flay? 

And Padma was trying to cut glass in that white top. 

No one likes a soggy biscuit, but agree with those who would have rewarded ambition over mediocre execution of a blah dish.  I think she needs to revise the dish so the biscuit stays dry until eaten. 

Smugness is common in chefs.  Hoping a few get their comeuppance early and often. 

Making something every day does not preclude it from being ambitious, but I agree that she failed.

As for how she fared in LCK...

Spoiler

She failed with biscuits again.  Some people just aren't able to adapt to the challenges that come with the competition, and someone has to go home first.  Nice to see Brother, Jim, and Carrie all getting another shot.  All three are talented and likeable. 

20 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Pretty damn good first episode, dug the W/P/S theme. 

Thought for sure Blondie was going home first simply because she got so much TV time early. 

This Eddie Konrad cat has been on another cooking show I’ve seen, but can’t for the life of me remember which. Maybe Beat Bobby Flay? 

And Padma was trying to cut glass in that white top. 

I believe Eddie was on Iron Chef or one of its offshoots.

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Beets and Ricotta should have gone home. 

Blondo looks like a sorority girl that gets way too drunk and cries about her boyfriend while throwing up. 

Def want Nazi guy to lose badly. 

Winner girl is sneaky attractive 

Nazi guy?

12 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Well, that fucking sucks. 

Has anyone gone from win to house that quickly? 

Agree that sucks but it's been pretty proven throughout all of the seasons if you can avoid doing desert it's probably a good idea. That said aside from getting fucked by not having enough lemons that isn't the type of desert you do when it's hot and humid as shit out. 

Sucks for her but she was pretty much screwed from the start with their cooking set up. 

2 hours ago, spystud13 said:

I do enjoy when one team just fucking murders the other though. 

I still can't believe they allowed that dude to use a third of the teams budget on his fucking lamb. I would have told him to put half of it back. Not to mention it wasn't like the serving size was all that big. 

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Sooooo who is the ghost on the red team? She was wearing the navy blue headband. She hasn’t spoken on camera as far as I remember and the judges didn’t talk to her. 

Did she commit a crime after the show?  Are they editing her out?

Can we get a screen cap or something? My recording is long deleted. 

Sucks the girl had to leave when she was partially screwed by her team.  I think she fell victim to, "Two chefs at the bottom; keep the personality".  I think that guy will be edited in as the antagonist.

I could never be confused with a foodie.  That being said, the family style meals they ate before the challenge did not look that great to me.  

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Sucks the girl had to leave when she was partially screwed by her team.  I think she fell victim to, "Two chefs at the bottom; keep the personality".  I think that guy will be edited in as the antagonist.

I could never be confused with a foodie.  That being said, the family style meals they ate before the challenge did not look that great to me.  

It wasn’t “foodie” food — it was “country” Kentucky food.  Think of going to a church dinner in East Texas — lots of really good comfort food, not haute cuisine.  The idea was they were supposed to take the concepts and elevate them to “foodie food,”.   Black team failed miserably.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AustinMT said:

It wasn’t “foodie” food — it was “country” Kentucky food.  Think of going to a church dinner in East Texas — lots of really good comfort food, not haute cuisine.  The idea was they were supposed to take the concepts and elevate them to “foodie food,”.   Black team failed miserably.

I get that.  I love 95% of what I'd find at an East Texas church dinner.  But quite a bit of what I saw on the show wouldn't appeal to me - frog legs, bean soup, the thing the girl served in the mason jar, banana croquette with peanut butter, etc 

• Like 1