Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

2 hours ago, bluto said:

The whole narrative that we went conservative and turtled the 4th Q back in October is a crock. We were running the same offense it's just penalties killed us. We didn't run dives every damn play. 

This.  Rewatched 4Q again this morning.  Flags killed us.  We did not turtle, nor were they shutting us down.   We were still getting 5 yards per snap.

• Like 1

The "conservative" meme took hold because Herman said so in his press conference and we had one series of 2017-era playcalling. Watching the game in real time and then again a few days later, it didn't feel that way.

Don't get me wrong, it's been a problem in some of our games, but all in all, execution was the problem more than a change in approach.

3 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Have our Sensitive Santa appointment at kickoff.  Sometimes real life slightly interferes with football life. I'll be radio silent until I get home. 

And ou sux.

I'm supposed to be in the Prosper Christmas parade dressed up as one of the three wise men.  It's either DVR or flake out of it and watch it live.  Thinking of going and buying SRO tickets. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Gaelic said:

I'm supposed to be in the Prosper Christmas parade dressed up as one of the three wise men.  It's either DVR or flake out of it and watch it live.  Thinking of going and buying SRO tickets. 

"Flaking out" is voluntarily signing up for a Christmas parade in Prosper.

I can't tell if you're just making stupid shit up at this point or if you're actually that lame.

21 minutes ago, Gaelic said:

Oh I figured you’d still be at home next weekend crying because BYU choked away a game against Utah.

6 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

OU RB Kennedy Brooks is averaging almost 10 ypc damn.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4241371/kennedy-brooks

If this guy goes off we're in for a long day - tough tradeoff between playing the run and dropping extra guys back to stop those WR

We have a Gary Johnson, that mf’er hates RBs.

10 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

OU RB Kennedy Brooks is averaging almost 10 ypc damn.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4241371/kennedy-brooks

If this guy goes off we're in for a long day - tough tradeoff between playing the run and dropping extra guys back to stop those WR

Eh, whatever. OU should be nervous about us, we were up 21 on them in the 4th quarter. They havent faced anything else like that all year.

Texas%20football_AP.jpg?itok=Qk0rk6my

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

You should stop being a blind homer and learn to analyze things objectively. 

If you are so great at analyzing things objectively then why aren't you making shitloads of money gambling on these games? I never have a fucking clue what is going to go down, so blind homerism it is. My 96th place in the pickem contest is evidence of this.

Edited by Valmy77

15 hours ago, mr.goodkat said:

normally i would prefer an evening game for a ccg . howevah an 11 am kick off with these fucks feels .....right . i don't normally drink beer unless its 10 a.m. and we are about to kick gooner ass 

It's a crap decision. This is a big fucking game. Nobody should even be outta bed at 11AM on a Saturday, much less playing in a championship football game. Crowds are crazier at night. The atmosphere more electric. Will we ever quit bowing to the fucking networks?

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

OU's defense the last 4 games:

Tech-46 points and 473 yards

Oklahoma State-47 points and 640 yards

Kansas-40 points and 524 yards

WV-56 points and 704 yards

If Tech had a healthy Bowman for the 2nd half these stats would even be worse.

Impossible. I was assured by numerous sooner fans that the sole problem with their defense was Mike Stoops and that as soon as he was fired they were going to improve dramatically.