Franklin BBQ

swTXSU

Just for the record, Jerry can't bring himself to pay $27.50 for Franklin brisket.  I've stopped the online ordering process twice after placing two pounds of brisket in the cart.  I've had Franklin brisket before and I'm not moving out of the area, so I'm not missing a chance.

3 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Snow's cooks once/week.   This comparison with Franklin (or anyone else for that matter) who cook 5-6 days/week is always a beating.

So you're saying Snow's can charge less because they only sell one day a week ?

Skipped Economies of Scale day huh?

(Full disclosure: I have six generations of ancestors, on both sides, buried in Lee and Milam Counties.)

46 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

So you're saying Snow's can charge less because they only sell one day a week ?

Skipped Economies of Scale day huh?

(Full disclosure: I have six generations of ancestors, on both sides, buried in Lee and Milam Counties.)

Uh, no, your reading comprehension is lacking.  I was referring to the assertion of "best".  You can't reasonably compare a place that serves product one day a week with a place with that does it 5-6 days/week.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:53 PM, Godzillatron said:

So go to theinterstellarbbq.com to order brisket that’s 98% as good for $23/lb. Still pretty pricey but not quite so steep.

it's absolutely worth the 20% premium (23 vs 27.50) for Franklin, especially if you never have had it. also there are a huge number of better BBQ options than Interstellar.

13 hours ago, dcbc said:

This place is slippin'.

dgf3L3czwor4MKUsUuAeMInBEUV_3VIHtKgACYMr

One of the Dickey's family kids is in my daughter's high school graduating class, so this picture hits close to home.

It is really shitty food but somebody forgot to tell the large masses of people who are buying it because that family is laughing all the way to the bank.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

it's absolutely worth the 20% premium (23 vs 27.50) for Franklin, especially if you never have had it. also there are a huge number of better BBQ options than Interstellar.

Mickelthwait is the best deal for top-end cue in Austin, imo. Brisket is $20/lb. All the Austin area contemporaries - LA Bbq, stiles switch, leroy and lewis, terry black, valentina's, etc, are all $23 and above. All his meats are priced at or below their contemporaries. And their sausage program always offers something interesting. I had a thai chili sausage there that was fenominle. 

That being said, if I want to buy a couple of lbs of brisket, I'm not gonna let the $7 per lb price difference at Franklin stop me from ordering from there while I don't have to wait in line. Who gives a shit about $14 when you're surly 1%, amIright?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Any of these places ship?  We've done Rudy's through Goldbelly and Rudy's itself but the wife only likes their sausages/beans.  We were highly disappointed with the brisket and shipping fee was expensive. 

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/how-to-have-barbecue-and-future-barbecue-shipped-to-your-door/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Any of these places ship?  We've done Rudy's through Goldbelly and Rudy's itself but the wife only likes their sausages/beans.  We were highly disappointed with the brisket and shipping fee was expensive. 

Yeah, I don't think Rudy's would be worth paying anything extra to get shipped anywhere.

10 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Hardly the worst, there are a few that aren’t even edible like ahem, Dickeys. At least Rudy’s is the most consistent for a chain. May not be superb but it does the job.

Well tell that to RUDY'S, buster!

worst-bbq-in-texas.jpg

• Like 3