Franklin BBQ

swTXSU

2 hours ago, Hookem2102 said:

You can pretty much always get a pre-order within 2 weeks, same week on occasion. 

It's really easy.

Not if you want it on a weekend.  It can be 6 weeks or more if you're looking for a weekend slot.

• 5 months later...

I’m a big Franklin fan. Watched his show and read his book. So I’m compelled to go this Friday while in town. I’m not a fan of the line though. How early do I need to get in line? Can we bring a cooler and beer? If I say fuck it, where should I go instead?

Waiting in line at Franklin isn't like waiting in line for other things.

It really is like tailgating. Grab 3 friends, some tailgate chairs, and a cooler and your interminable 4 hour wait will just seem like a little bit of time bullshitting with your buddies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It really is like tailgating. Grab 3 friends, some tailgate chairs, and a cooler and your interminable 4 hour wait will just seem like a little bit of time bullshitting with your buddies.

Is it like Waiting for Godot?

39 minutes ago, TornACL said:

This but do it in late fall or winter and it’s even better. But just once. 

46 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Only problem is we're flying in, so we'd have to pick up some chairs and a cheap styrofoam cooler for the wait.  It would just be me and one buddy.  The third did it a few years ago and won't go with us this time.  He wants to try La Barbecue.

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Only problem is we're flying in, so we'd have to pick up some chairs and a cheap styrofoam cooler for the wait.  It would just be me and one buddy.  The third did it a few years ago and won't go with us this time.  He wants to try La Barbecue.

Go to La Barbecue, it is also delicious as fuck 

La BBQ, Micklethwait, Valentina's. You can't go wrong at any and the wait (I assume) on a Friday shouldn't be too bad.  La BBQ has a pretty decent line on Saturdays, I've walked past it twice on my way to the preorder counter in the back.

If it was me I'd go to La BBQ on Friday for lunch and Valentina's for Saturday breakfast...Real Deal Holyfields

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 9:01 AM, 'stache said:

I’m a big Franklin fan. Watched his show and read his book. So I’m compelled to go this Friday while in town. I’m not a fan of the line though. How early do I need to get in line? Can we bring a cooler and beer? If I say fuck it, where should I go instead?

Forget la B. You're a fan of AF, then go wait the line. When will you get another chance?

I did it once a few years ago and got there about 9:30 and we ate about 1.

I wouldn't do it again, but I'm glad I did it once.

Go early, take beer. You don't need a chair.

Edited by DoobieWah

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Just rent an electric scooter and stand on it the entire time. Nothing more Austin.

17 hours ago, 'stache said:

La Barbecue allows pre-orders a few days in advance (you might be a day late).  No minimums required and you can pick up at the side window.

Isn’t there a guy that rents chairs?