Kliff Kingsbury is out as Tech coach - Introducing Matt Wells! (Utah St.)

The Tower

2 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

An even better question is how many of the Top 100 football recruits in Texas have even seen Hell or High Water and of those, how many are stupid enough to believe that's a realistic portrayal of the Texas Tech campus?  And mostly because none of the movie took place in Lubbock or in anything but a small town in West Texas, allegedly

Do you English?

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

So how full of shit, or not, is Don Williams of the Avalanche Journal?

The dude is tweeting that two sources have told him that Leach is open to returning to Tech, and the donors are pushing to make it happen.

I find that pretty tough to believe.

Tough days in the paper business. 

I don't have any insight into this at all, aside from one poster here claiming he won't even recruit in the state until they pay him what he thinks he's owed.

That said, can you think of a single story more likely to generate clicks and buzz in Lubbock than floating the rumor that Leach might come back?  

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Tough days in the paper business. 

I don't have any insight into this at all, aside from one poster here claiming he won't even recruit in the state until they pay him what he thinks he's owed.

That said, can you think of a single story more likely to generate clicks and buzz in Lubbock than floating the rumor that Leach might come back?  

Not a single one, no.

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

The dude is tweeting that two sources have told him that Leach is open to returning to Tech, and the donors are pushing to make it happen.

Heard this exact same thing from a very good friend who went to Tech 10-14 days ago. Apparently, there are a couple of Leach's former players who have gotten stupid rich in West Texas and will personally pay what Tech owes him to get him to come back to Lubbock.

Edited by C-Man

11 minutes ago, Augustus said:

He doesn’t believe in superstars, organic food, and foreign cars.  He doesn'’t believe the price of gold, the certainty of growing old, that right is right and left is wrong, that north and south can’t get along, that east is east and west is west, and being first is always best.  But he believes in Leach, he believes in babies, he believes in mom and dad, and he believes in Mike.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Heard this exact same thing from a very good friend who went to Tech 10-14 days ago. Apparently, there are a couple of Leach's former players who have gotten stupid rich in West Texas and will personally pay what Tech owes him to get him to come back to Lubbock.

If he does come back, I hope one of his conditions is for tech to release a statement acknowledging that Craig James was a meddling psycho-cunt and they're bringing Leach back because Adam and Craig were at fault from the start. 

It won't happen, but it would be beautiful if it did. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, clapclapclap said:

He doesn’t believe in superstars organic food and foreign cars.  He doesn'’t believe the price of gold the certainty of growing old, that right is right and left is wrong that north and south can’t get along, that east is east and west is west and being first is always best.  But he believes in Leach, he believes in babies, he believes in mom and dad, and he believes in Mike.

I'm gonna have that in my head for a few hours now.

Better than that European firetruck/ambulance siren the LSU band played for 5 hours last night that's been in my head non-stop ever since.

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If he does come back, I hope one of his conditions is for tech to release a statement acknowledging that Craig James was a meddling psycho-cunt and they're bringing Leach back because Adam and Craig were at fault from the start. 

It won't happen, but it would be beautiful if it did. 

Full text of statement: CJK5H

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reposting the weird dream I had about Mike Leach:

A few months back I had a dream about Mike Leach...

I was mowing the lawn at my grandparents' house when the Pirate rolled up in a pearl-colored vintage Cadillac, driven by friends, and announced that he was ready to be interviewed for a profile on him I had been assigned.

This was not the arranged time, so I told him I would have to run upstairs and change and get my notebook and tape recorder, etc., and by the time I got back down there, he'd switched cars, to something smaller, a convertible with the top down, one that was sparkly and gold-colored, and of a similar late '50s vintage to the Caddy, and also crammed with people.

All the men in the car were dressed like Elvis and the women looked like they were extras in Grease. I was assigned to be sort of a fly on the wall, so I was mostly listening to their banter as we rolled through heavy road construction in Houston's Museum District, which was strangely Victorian-looking, with gloomy old factories and witch's hat houses and crumbling churches lining the streets, en route to some shindig way up in north Houston.

Leach seemed to be in a bad mood, unlike his '50s-looking friends. 

"What are your hobbies?" dream-Leach asked me out of the blue, and I told him how as kid I collected stamps and coins. "No, what are your real hobbies?" he insisted. It was so important for him to know. I told him how I once wrote a book about dive bars, and everyone in the gold lamé convertible laughed, but Leach still looked grieved.

And then I woke up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alyeska said:

Fuck off sooner. Go fuck your sister’s asshole again. 

Lol.  You have a great life. -34 points and following me around to neg each post.  You only have 900 to go and I’ll be at your level!

And I’m the sister fucker?  Lol.  Take your pills.  And go make more socks.  In that order - I know people like you that off themselves off the meds.  Godspeed.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  You have a great life. -34 points and following me around to neg each post.  You only have 900 to go and I’ll be at your level!

And I’m the sister fucker?  Lol.  Take your pills.  And go make more socks.  In that order - I know people like you that off themselves off the meds.  Godspeed.  

No meds here. Just making sure you know you aren’t welcome here sisterfucker. 

We’re going to beat the shit out of you and your bitchmade Ewok little twerp QB on Saturday. It’s going to be borderline erotic. 

Edited by alyeska
  • Fuck You 4

14 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If they hire Holgerson, it will be interesting to read the internal memos about the pr persona they want to cultivate for him.  I don't think coach gq will fly here.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-28-at-2.42.21-PM.png

I've just got to know is this weird, wired head freak the bowler from the movie Kingpin? If not from what I saw this past week they could pass for twins... If he'd wash that greasy crap hanging out of his visor.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

I doubt sand aggy would bring Leach back. Pride, humility, and eating crow would get in the way. I doubt Leach would want to come back considering how he was treated. Plus he seems to have a good thing going for him at Wash St.

Hollywood Milfs would love to have Kliff out in USC.

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I've just got to know is this weird, wired head freak the bowler from the movie Kingpin? If not from what I saw this past week they could pass for twins... If he'd wash that greasy crap hanging out of his visor.

Always remember that Dana is the personification of the phrase "No fucks are given".

As to some of the comments earlier, he got a nice extension a couple of years ago, his kids are here in school, (one is a QB at the local high school and will be headed to Bowling Green next year) he's built a nice (but odd/eclectic) house and his dad now lives here too.  We have some in the fan base who aren't big slurpers of him (me included) because he will still always lose that one or so game that he shouldn't even in years when we have more talent.  Heck, we are lifetime 5-3 vs Texas (not many schools can say they have scorecard on y'all), but Dana isn't going to outcoach Patterson, or Gundy or Purple Wizard.  It's frustrating and we like to bitch.  I've never heard any problems between him and our AD Shane Lyons who gave him the raise and extension.  Remember though that Lyons didn't hire Dana,  Oliver Luck did.  We got Lyons from Alabama (he was assistant AD there) when Luck left for the NCAA. 

Dana will probably be here until he doesn't win 8-9 games a year or if a blue blood comes calling like Michigan did with RichRod.

Edited by Whitman

9 minutes ago, Whitman said:

Always remember that Dana is the personification of the phrase "No fucks are given".

As to some of the comments earlier, he got a nice extension a couple of years ago, his kids are here in school, (one is a QB at the local high school and will be headed to Bowling Green next year) he's built a nice (but odd/eclectic) house and his dad now lives here too.  We have some in the fan base who aren't big slurpers of him (me included) because he will still always lose that one or so game that he shouldn't even in years when we have more talent.  Heck, we are lifetime 5-3 vs Texas (not many schools can say they have scorecard on y'all), but Dana isn't going to outcoach Patterson, or Gundy or Purple Wizard.  It's frustrating and we like to bitch.  I've never heard any problems between him and our AD Shane Lyons who gave him the raise and extension.  Remember though that Lyons didn't hire Dana,  Oliver Luck did.  We got Lyons from Alabama (he was assistant AD there) when Luck left for the NCAA. 

Dana will probably be here until he doesn't win 8-9 games a year or if a blue blood comes calling like Michigan did with RichRod.

Holgerson is an original, genuinely eccentric coach. Some guys put on a persona, but he's just who he is. This thread is the first mention I've heard of him having tension with the WV powers that be. Hard to imagine him at Tech. Personally, I'm not sure letting Kingsbury go was a great idea right now. The defense was getting better, and how different would this year be if Bowman hadn't gotten injured? Kingsbury mostly avoided scandal, and was the classic "good soldier" for the program. Tech seems adrift right now, and I don't think it's a good idea to fire a coach until you've got a good idea who the next coach will be, barring scandal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

Holgerson is an original, genuinely eccentric coach. Some guys put on a persona, but he's just who he is. This thread is the first mention I've heard of him having tension with the WV powers that be. Hard to imagine him at Tech. Personally, I'm not sure letting Kingsbury go was a great idea right now. The defense was getting better, and how different would this year be if Bowman hadn't gotten injured? Kingsbury mostly avoided scandal, and was the classic "good soldier" for the program. Tech seems adrift right now, and I don't think it's a good idea to fire a coach until you've got a good idea who the next coach will be, barring scandal. 

A. Kingsbury has had three losing seasons in row and four out of the last five.  Tech football hasn't done this poorly since the early '80s.

B. Respectfully, you have no idea whether Tech has a good idea who their next coach will be.  This whole year was a "Kliff better win or he'll get fired"/one last chance season, so I'm sure they've been thinking about candidates to take over for him. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Augustus said:

would anyone be shocked if he was trolling them?

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

Four days must be some kind of record for flunking out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

Any talk of Mike Leach being agreeable to return to Tech is Mike Leach trolling Tech. 

Mike Leach just said: “They haven’t paid me for 2009 and we won 9 games that year. And they haven’t won 9 games since.”

He won’t ever go back to Tech. 

• immamac changed the title to Kliff Kingsbury is out as Tech coach - Introducing Matt Wells! (Utah St.)