Kliff Kingsbury is out as Tech coach - Introducing Matt Wells! (Utah St.)

The Tower

15 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Trading Places because TITS!

And The Victors because nothing says Christmas like having Frank Sinatra singing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas during a firing squad execution of an American soldier.

If I had to listen to Frank Sinatra, I'd be happy to be that soldier.

6 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Briles was as of late last year. I was in the CEO’s office of a large OFS company and Kirby was in there the day before. There was a group vying heavily for Briles.

It would be worse than when all of the olds quit on the Cowboys for life when Tom Landry was fired, but for a much different reason.

8 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Man it’s a damn shame when people be throwing away a perfectly good white boy  like that

I don't think they're going to get a better coach, white or otherwise. Know your fucking place sand aggy, should have given him one more year. He was "this close" to having a good year.

I'm going to go out on a pretty big limb here and say kliffy has a better year than ttrr next year.

Edited by CfRhTxStBobcats

7 hours ago, Here’s the deal said:

An NFL team should give him a call. The Cowboys won’t do it because that might take the spotlight away from Jerry.  I’m thinking a team with nothing to lose like the Cardinals, Jets, or Browns.  He’d pair up well with Mayfield.

Uhh, yeah he would bench mayfield, they got on so well at tech though.  

25 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Nope. We fired Mack after losing to Oregon.

True, but Strong got fired after losing to TCU. Kansas was the reason, along with three losing seasons. TCU was the last game, but the decision was probably made after Kansas. 

If Brown had beaten Baylor, he probably doesn't get fired, cause he would have won the conference championship, & not sure how the powers that be could have fired him after that. 

With Kliff, the Baylor game, if he's actually let go, would be the last straw, not the reason. He took over a team that had won at least eight games every year since something like 2002. 

They pretty much know what a Kingsbury team looks like. Not to defend Kingsbury, but he did have his top three QBs injured. A lot of coaches would have losing records if that happened. 

• immamac changed the title to Kliff Kingsbury is out as Tech coach - Introducing Matt Wells! (Utah St.)