Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

Machinator

12 minutes ago, RabidM said:

If he can hire good coordinators, he'll do fine.  The ACC second place fiddle position is wide open. 

Coaching is a pretty small fraternity and I imagine any top coordinator candidate might pick up the phone and call Harsin and ask, "hey what's it like to work for Mack?".  As a result, I'm going to go ahead and predict he gets a couple of unknowns or has beens to fill the spots.  Someone with options (I'm looking at you Kliff) is going elsewhere.  

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

lulz, i saw this tweet and clicked on mack's twitter profile only to realize i had been blocked.  i'm pretty sure i told him to stay in kansas after a game there in like 2012 and he blocked me. 

I think they dumbfucked his account already.  I get nothing when I click on it either. 

16 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

lulz, i saw this tweet and clicked on mack's twitter profile only to realize i had been blocked.  i'm pretty sure i told him to stay in kansas after a game there in like 2012 and he blocked me. 

look at this cool guy trashing public figures on twitter.  do recruits do the same to you?

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I see it a little like Holtz and Spurrier at Cock.  He'll be better than the last few years, he'll keep the program out of trouble, they'll go to a bowl almost every year, then in 5 or so years he'll retire $15MM or so richer.  But he won't "kill himself."

Exactly, why people think he needs great coordinators, etc is unfounded. The ACC is a really bad conference once you get passed Clemson. FSU just had its first losing season since the Carter administration. Richt has shown that he fact needed to be replaced at Georgia, and Pitt is the other half of their championship game at 7-5. 

As bad as Mack may have been. He was never incompetent. Sure, he got as lazy as I am. And never emotionally got over the Alabama loss. But on his worse day he is better then that collection of coaches in the ACC.

40 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Exactly, why people think he needs great coordinators, etc is unfounded. The ACC is a really bad conference once you get passed Clemson. FSU just had its first losing season since the Carter administration. Richt has shown that he fact needed to be replaced at Georgia, and Pitt is the other half of their championship game at 7-5. 

As bad as Mack may have been. He was never incompetent. Sure, he got as lazy as I am. And never emotionally got over the Alabama loss. But on his worse day he is better then that collection of coaches in the ACC.

He needs great coordinators because he can't coach anything himself....

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

Mack is just coming in there to try and right the ship and get out in a few years. He might be able to get a pretty good young assistant that will understand that the head coaching job will be his when Mack leaves.

The old "head coach in waiting" trick, eh? That worked so well with Mack before.

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

I think Mack actually knows a lot about football and was a pretty good coach for a long time. He always had certain weaknesses, which were accentuated by complacency leading up to his fall at Texas. But in his heydey, you could do a lot worse than Mack Brown when hiring a coach. And even at the end, I think he'd have still been reasonably effective if he hadn't let the recruiting process rot out beneath him.

If he has his energy back, hires good assistants, and tends properly to recruiting, he could give UNC a bump and leave the program in better shape when he hands it off. If not, it could be a sad finale.

4 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

Still liked   @Sallymackunc

Guess     @CoachMackUNC   will have to do.....

A psychiatrist watching that presser would have a field day.  Mack just needs to be loved and admired and coaching football is just a conduit to achieve that. 

Guys like DKR and Saban could give zero shits what you thought about them they just wanted to win and then win some more.  It's why those 2 won multiple championships over an extended time while mack shut down after 05 because in his mind he'd earned our love.  And yes, I'll give him credit for 08 and 09 but the core of those teams were committed prior to January 4, 2006 when he basically started mailing it in.

8 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

The fuck?

Hey fucktard....   Mack famously made a comment towards the end of his tenure on a trip in Florida that he was out "killing himself" while ostensibly recruiting.   Meanwhile, Strong inherited a roster devoid of much talent.  

Mack stole millions of dollars from all of us.

• Like 2

• Machinator changed the title to Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo